The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Maths Test for Engineering Courses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarylO
No worries.

I've taken the time to find my old emails and resources from then. They've made the list slightly different. Ours was not as detailed so we had a few extra topics we didn't even need. You can follow this new list as stated.

By the way, the main difference I would see in the list is the 'name of the sections'. Exam boards consider Pure Maths 2&3 to be AL content. I think that's where I confused you. My apologies. To get a clear picture of exactly which sub-topic to study, check the detailed syllabus for CAIE A Level Maths. Instead of using AS and AL to figure out how much to read, use Pure Maths 1, 2 & 3 as your boundaries.
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Emmanuel24
From what I read it said it’s designed to be open book so videos notes and revision text books are allowed as long as you don’t use any AI or help from someone else which they state to be strictly forbidden also need to be using a regular scientific calculator because they will ask. But don’t forget you only have 90 minutes to complete
It says leave aside roughly 90 minutes but says there is up to 24 hours to do the test? I know it’s better to do it as quickly as possible but it doesn’t seem to be a strict requirement to done in 90 minutes?
I wonder if you get a higher result than many others but took longer to do it, how they would view that.
Original post by DarylO
You're welcome ^_^
I hope you don’t mind another question, but I wondered if you remember if the questions for the actual test were the same sorts of questions with the same sort of format as the mock test? Thank you.
How did you guys find the test?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous #1
I hope you don’t mind another question, but I wondered if you remember if the questions for the actual test were the same sorts of questions with the same sort of format as the mock test? Thank you.

I was busy with uni so I haven't been here. Answering the question now probably wouldn't make a difference. I hope the test went well for you.
Original post by DarylO
I was busy with uni so I haven't been here. Answering the question now probably wouldn't make a difference. I hope the test went well for you.
Thank you! I hope uni is going well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending