The Student Room Group

Can I obtain GBC after completing my Master of science in Psychology from India?

Hello,
I am currently a graduate of MSc in Psychology, studying in India, and I plan on moving to the UK for my PhD for the September 2023 intake.

Could someone please tell me whether I can apply (and successfully obtain) GBC after my masters degree from India? I am doubtful about the qualifications I have and what more I may need to obtain.

Thank You.
Hello!

So, the process of obtaining a Tier 4 General student visa, also known as the Graduate Route (GBC) after completing a master's in India can vary depending on specific qualifications and requirements in each individual case.

In general, to apply for a Tier 4 GBC, you will need to prove that you have been offered a place on a PhD programme in the UK and that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without needing to work during your studies. Of course, some programmes are funded too.

In terms of qualifications, you will need a Master's degree from a recognised university and a good academic record. You may need to provide proof of your English Language proficiency, through a recognised test such as IELTS.

It's recommended that you check the specific requirements and guidelines on the UK Visa and Immigration website, as well as contact the University to ensure you have all of the necessary information and documents to apply for the visa.

Hope this helps and best of luck! Let me know if you have any further questions or need more information.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc student in Psychology :smile:
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello!

So, the process of obtaining a Tier 4 General student visa, also known as the Graduate Route (GBC) after completing a master's in India can vary depending on specific qualifications and requirements in each individual case.

In general, to apply for a Tier 4 GBC, you will need to prove that you have been offered a place on a PhD programme in the UK and that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without needing to work during your studies. Of course, some programmes are funded too.

In terms of qualifications, you will need a Master's degree from a recognised university and a good academic record. You may need to provide proof of your English Language proficiency, through a recognised test such as IELTS.

It's recommended that you check the specific requirements and guidelines on the UK Visa and Immigration website, as well as contact the University to ensure you have all of the necessary information and documents to apply for the visa.

Hope this helps and best of luck! Let me know if you have any further questions or need more information.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc student in Psychology :smile:

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response!

I was wondering if I can obtain a Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership in Clinical Psychology based on my current qualifications.

Thank you!
Original post by Nayisthename
Hello!

Thank you so much for your response!

I was wondering if I can obtain a Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership in Clinical Psychology based on my current qualifications.

Thank you!

Hi there!

You're most welcome :smile: To be eligible for GBC, you will need to have completed a course that is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). You will need to check if your course meets the criteria. If it isn't, you may need to do additional coursework or exams to meet the requirement for GBC. I'd recommend checking with the BPS directly or the University you are applying to for more information and specific guidelines for GBC.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else :smile:

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending