The Student Room Group

A*AA from CCE in Alevel possible?

I did my GCSEs in 2020 and did not do the exams due to covid, I received 9999998886A. I did my alevels left year and had severe depression, I was predicated A*A*AA in Maths, Physics, Further maths and Chinese at October, almost didn't study at all and received CCEA in the above order. I have decided to resit my alevels, but there is only four month left and I have lost faith in my self within the last year, I want to hear encouraging words, I'm doing this on my own, I am really scared.
Reply 1
if you have a lot of time and study motivation, i don't see why not !
Reply 2
Original post by kcsjeo
if you have a lot of time and study motivation, i don't see why not !

Is a little less than 4 months alot of time?
Original post by Yan1234
I did my GCSEs in 2020 and did not do the exams due to covid, I received 9999998886A. I did my alevels left year and had severe depression, I was predicated A*A*AA in Maths, Physics, Further maths and Chinese at October, almost didn't study at all and received CCEA in the above order. I have decided to resit my alevels, but there is only four month left and I have lost faith in my self within the last year, I want to hear encouraging words, I'm doing this on my own, I am really scared.

Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this, hope you feeling better :frown: If you work very hard and start your revision now you could possibly get good grades but there's no guarantee as 4 months isn't too much time unfortunately. Some people from my class had Cs all 2 years and in the end, got As with only a few months of revising so it's not impossible and definitely worth giving your best shot. The first step would be creating a revision timetable and making sure you focus on doing lots of practice by doing past papers. Attempt doing 1 past paper and see how well you remember previous material. P&M has free maths past papers you could find helpful and study mind has practice questions that should help you out with your revision.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL FPE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by Yan1234

anything is possible, dont give up hope. im on the same boat as you except for the resit part and am trying to get good in my first try. started just a few days ago and there's slight improvements. slowly but surely it'll hopefully be all A's or at least all B's. never give up, you never know if even one month is just what you needed
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest