The Student Room Group

What's your favourite revision method?

Scroll to see replies

Halfway through my undergraduate degree I was diagnosed with a condition that impacts my ability to handwrite, so I had to come up with less physically intensive methods of revising. Putting together unscripted mock presentations and giving them to an imaginary audience* really helped me. If I couldn't confidently explain it aloud and in real time, then I accepted that I didn't understand it it well enough and continued to research and practice until I did. I went from barely passing to graduating with a first in my undergrad and merit in my postgrad.

*My Pokémon plushies should be awarded an honorary parasitology degree by now, I swear.

When my hands are working with me, I like to put together study boards / posters. The one below is for a non-academic test I'm currently preparing for.

Flash cards were definitely my hack for trying to force rote memory quickly on topics I just couldn't get my head around in time for exams. I felt this was more efficient when I tailored these only to difficult content I struggled with rather than big stacks of 100+ cards.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by propergoodman
I absolutely agree, i use cornell notes to make notes from revision guides then revise from these

Yeah, it's really handy! :five:
Another precious advice for the most students: when you are doing past or present papers, listen to relaxing classic music for studying. It is helpful to calm down and to prevent procrastination.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending