The Student Room Group

UCAS Points

If you don't get enough UCAS points for the course what happens? Are you rejected from the offer on results day on the UCAS website? Do you ring the University to see if you can get on the course if you are like 5 points off?

Thanks
Original post by Tree24
If you don't get enough UCAS points for the course what happens? Are you rejected from the offer on results day on the UCAS website? Do you ring the University to see if you can get on the course if you are like 5 points off?

Thanks

Firstly most universities make offer on grades not ucas points but the same basis applies.

If you meet or exceed your points/grades your firm choice automatically accepts you.

If you miss your grades your firm university will decide whether to accept you or not. Often universities accept students below their offer. If your firm rejects you then your insurance offer considers you. If both reject you then you are placed in clearing.

This all happens before results day so on results day you will either have a place at your firm, your insurance or will have been put into clearing. Universities will have consider you so there is no pint ringing them
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I don't understand how can your firm choice accept you before results day as they won't know what you have got? You may not have high enough Grade/Ucas points? i thought it would all happen on results day?

Thanks
Original post by Tree24
Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I don't understand how can your firm choice accept you before results day as they won't know what you have got? You may not have high enough Grade/Ucas points? i thought it would all happen on results day?

Thanks

Unis get most results a week or more before you. This gives them time to make decisions ready in time for the official results day.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Unis get most results a week or more before you. This gives them time to make decisions ready in time for the official results day.

Oh thank you - that makes sense now - I wasn't aware of this.
Original post by Tree24
Oh thank you - that makes sense now - I wasn't aware of this.

That’s okay, most students assume that unis get them at the same time, but if that were the case we wouldn’t have time to process everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending