The Student Room Group

what is clearing and when does it begin

how are the applications judged in this process? and how do we know if we can apply
Clearing 2023 begins on July 5. You can only enter Clearing if you have not received any offers till then, or if you have declined all offers. Unis will put up courses that don’t have enough seats filled into the Clearing pool. You can check out how exactly the applications process during Clearing works on UCAS (just type ‘clearing UCAS 2023’ on google and that should do the trick).

If you haven’t received any offers by the time Feb rolls around, you should apply for UCAS Extra before Clearing (I believe Extra opens on Feb 9).

Do note, however, that most competitive courses won’t be in Clearing. Which course did you apply for?
Clearing is ucas procedure for filling places that havent been filled with students who arent holding any offers.

It mainly takes place from A level results day although it opens in July.

You ring up universities with your results and they will tell you whether they are making an offer or not and you then formally apply online.

Be aware that not all universities and courses are available during clearing as it is meant to fill up spaces and popular courses may already be filled
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Clearing 2023 begins on July 5. You can only enter Clearing if you have not received any offers till then, or if you have declined all offers. Unis will put up courses that don’t have enough seats filled into the Clearing pool. You can check out how exactly the applications process during Clearing works on UCAS (just type ‘clearing UCAS 2023’ on google and that should do the trick).

If you haven’t received any offers by the time Feb rolls around, you should apply for UCAS Extra before Clearing (I believe Extra opens on Feb 9).

Do note, however, that most competitive courses won’t be in Clearing. Which course did you apply for?

Thankyou!
I applied for Business Management which is quite a popular course so I'm not sure if there will be seats left.
I am so sorry for this but can you explain what UCAS Extra is :eek3:
I'm an international Student so I'm new to everything
Original post by vaidika
Thankyou!
I applied for Business Management which is quite a popular course so I'm not sure if there will be seats left.
I am so sorry for this but can you explain what UCAS Extra is :eek3:
I'm an international Student so I'm new to everything

No problem! :smile: I'm an international student too :five:

It honestly depends on the uni. There may be seats left in some. As for UCAS Extra, it is a service that allows you to add one extra choice if you were rejected from all five choices, or declined all offers. At that point, UCAS will allow you to add one more choice to your application. You will only be able to add one choice at a time. The uni you applied to will then consider your application, and decide whether to accept you or reject you. Again, do note that all unis will not have vacancies. Extra opens on Feb 9 for 2023.

You can read more about UCAS Extra here, and you can find out more about Clearing here.

Hope this helps! :smile: Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any. Which unis did you apply to?
(edited 1 year ago)
Also, you should join the International Applicants 2023 thread, if you haven't already :smile:
No problem! :smile: I'm an international student too :five:

It honestly depends on the uni. There may be seats left in some. As for UCAS Extra, it is a service that allows you to add one extra choice if you were rejected from all five choices, or declined all offers. At that point, UCAS will allow you to add one more choice to your application. You will only be able to add one choice at a time. The uni you applied to will then consider your application, and decide whether to accept you or reject you. Again, do note that all unis will not have vacancies. Extra opens on Feb 9 for 2023.

You can read more about UCAS Extra here, and you can find out more about Clearing here.

Hope this helps! :smile: Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any. Which unis did you apply to?

Glasgow, KCL, Cardiff, Durham and Warwick, I applied pretty late in January and haven't received any offers yet so its a bit stressful
:s-smilie:
Also, you should join the International Applicants 2023 thread, if you haven't already :smile:

I will! Thanks for letting me know about it
Original post by vaidika
Glasgow, KCL, Cardiff, Durham and Warwick, I applied pretty late in January and haven't received any offers yet so its a bit stressful
:s-smilie:

I applied to KCL too! :five: Already got my offer from there for biomed. As long as you applied before 25 Jan, you should be fine. That's the equal consideration deadline, and all applications sent in before that deadline will be assessed equally. I know the wait is really stressful, but I'm sure you'll get offers :smile:

If you haven't already, you should join the applicant threads for the unis you applied to so that you can see how decisions are going so far, and meet people applying to the same course as you.
Original post by vaidika
I will! Thanks for letting me know about it

See you there! :biggrin:
when you get ur results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending