The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Blended

Does anyone know when the Adult Nursing (Blended) course starts? Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dottie23
Does anyone know when the Adult Nursing (Blended) course starts? Thank you

Whenever [insert name of university you're studying at] tells you it starts. If you're in a September cohort, presumably within the next 3 weeks.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
Whenever [insert name of university you're studying at] tells you it starts. If you're in a September cohort, presumably within the next 3 weeks.

Thank you, this is for Coventry University
Hiya, Iv applied in clearing and was told it starts today ! still waiting to hear if i can start or not though, good luck !
Reply 4
Original post by Lmfletcher19
Hiya, Iv applied in clearing and was told it starts today ! still waiting to hear if i can start or not though, good luck !

Hi, I applied through clearing as well, I had my interview at the beginning of August followed up by an email to say they were able to offer me a place. I just had to send the form and my qualifications. I did this, have been chasing ever since to find out if I have a place. Filled in the online form for someone to get back to me (several times) and still none the wiser! So I don't actually know whats going on - good luck to you too
Hi, I applied through clearing as well, I had my interview at the beginning of August followed up by an email to say they were able to offer me a place. I just had to send the form and my qualifications. I did this, have been chasing ever since to find out if I have a place. Filled in the online form for someone to get back to me (several times) and still none the wiser! So I don't actually know whats going on - good luck to you too

This doesnt fill me with much hope :frown: I applied a few years ago with coventry and offered and accepted a place. Then heard nothing, so luckily contacted another uni who could put me on there course. Then come november had a welcome letter and booklet from coventry. so strange! I really hope it isnt like that still as i need to sort my finance out if they do offer me a place ,

what was the interview like ?
Reply 6
This doesnt fill me with much hope :frown: I applied a few years ago with coventry and offered and accepted a place. Then heard nothing, so luckily contacted another uni who could put me on there course. Then come november had a welcome letter and booklet from coventry. so strange! I really hope it isnt like that still as i need to sort my finance out if they do offer me a place ,

what was the interview like ?

It was a group interview on Teams, there were 10 of us. They gave a presentation, then asked a couple of questions directed at individuals, once they had answered we all an opportunity to add to their answers - they were lovely at the interview.
I thought i had replied but isnt showing up, Did you hear anything in the end? Im still waiting to hear back ...
Reply 8
Nope, not a thing. I am hoping they are just really busy and not ignoring my emails
Nope, not a thing. I am hoping they are just really busy and not ignoring my emails

have you tried calling them ? It’s really weird. I was told Friday it started Monday and they will get my application processed as soon as they can so I don’t have to wait until January fingers crossed we hear something
Reply 10
I did telephone, but didn't really get anywhere just that they would email me - been sat on the online chat for the last week. Every time I get to number 1 it cuts off and says no one is available
any news?
Reply 12
Absolutely nothing, wish I had applied elsewhere haha
Absolutely nothing, wish I had applied elsewhere haha

oh no :frown: thats exactly what happened to me two years ago. Im so sorry ! is it too late for you to apply via clearing somewhere else? If its blended nursing your interested in theres a few others that do it like huddersfield ... https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/blended-learning/blended-learning-adult-nursing

I received an actual email asking to see proof of my grades etc by tomorrow evening by 5pm so i have sent it even though i have actually done this via whatsapp to two other people from coventry. i really arent holding my breath just glad im already enrolled at my current uni. If i got onto this degree it would just make everything easier for me but oh well.
Reply 14
oh no :frown: thats exactly what happened to me two years ago. Im so sorry ! is it too late for you to apply via clearing somewhere else? If its blended nursing your interested in theres a few others that do it like huddersfield ... https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/blended-learning/blended-learning-adult-nursing

I received an actual email asking to see proof of my grades etc by tomorrow evening by 5pm so i have sent it even though i have actually done this via whatsapp to two other people from coventry. i really arent holding my breath just glad im already enrolled at my current uni. If i got onto this degree it would just make everything easier for me but oh well.

Hopefully they will respond, I sent all mine in at the beginning of August - Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.
Hopefully they will respond, I sent all mine in at the beginning of August - Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.

Thank you for the recommendation @Lmfletcher19!

@Dottie23 Sorry to hear the problems you're having at the moment :frown:

As mentioned, we do have a blended learning nursing course, and we have multiple entry points, September and January.
In fact, our Blended Adult Nursing course, is still open for Clearing. If you're interested, call us on 0333 987 9000.
More info about the course: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2023-24/full-time/undergraduate/nursing-blended-learning-adult-bsc-hons

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield
Reply 16
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Thank you for the recommendation @Lmfletcher19!

@Dottie23 Sorry to hear the problems you're having at the moment :frown:

As mentioned, we do have a blended learning nursing course, and we have multiple entry points, September and January.
In fact, our Blended Adult Nursing course, is still open for Clearing. If you're interested, call us on 0333 987 9000.
More info about the course: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2023-24/full-time/undergraduate/nursing-blended-learning-adult-bsc-hons

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield

Hi,
Thank you so much for getting in touch. What sort of area would the placements be, as I would need to look at accommodation for when out on placement.

Thank you
Just an update, still not heard anything which I'm really shocked at. Considering you pay to submit an application , mine cost £30 for one application via clearing, The uni doesnt even have the descency to even contact you. According to UCAS the cut of was 18th September and to assume I was unsuccessful , guess i will never know!

Did you have any luck ?
Reply 18
I have been on the online chat again today (5th time) for an update. Apparently they are still looking at my application and will email me once they have a decision! To be honest, I am not holding out much hope for starting there now - Don't give up, as they said they are still considering application, although I am not sure what this will mean for a starting date if they do decide??
Reply 19
Have you heard anything regarding starting yet? I had a telephone call the other day, asking me to put my application through UCAS and I would be looking at a January start. Not heard back from them yet, so still not sure if I have a place or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending