The Student Room Group
University of York
York

What is the University of York like?

I’ve been conflicted with what university to try and get into. I really want to study ecology and I think that the BSc (Hons) Environment, Economics and Ecology, or possibly the MEnv variant of this course if my grades are good enough, are best for me. Can anybody tell me what the university and the course are like?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
I’ve been conflicted with what university to try and get into. I really want to study ecology and I think that the BSc (Hons) Environment, Economics and Ecology, or possibly the MEnv variant of this course if my grades are good enough, are best for me. Can anybody tell me what the university and the course are like?

Hi,

My name's Maddie and I'm an Environment, Economics and Ecology (EEE) student here at York.

As a second year, I think my course is the perfect mix of human geography, economics and ecological studies. I was originally wanting to do just ecology when I found the course at York. EEE is a fun course with some hard bits of economics but I never did economics at A Level and I've not found it too awful.

It's a very small course, my year only has about 30 people, but 80% of the modules are mixed with the other Environment and Geography Department courses so you have lots of chances to make lots of friends.

The uni as a whole is so inclusive. The college system ensures you're part of something even after you leave accommodation after first year (p.s. pick Derwent, it's the best college :smile:). There are lots of college events including inter-college sports as well as drinking events, mixers and non-drinking socials. Something for everyone!! (Do pick Derwent though :smile:)

Maddie :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hi,

My name's Maddie and I'm an Environment, Economics and Ecology (EEE) student here at York.

As a second year, I think my course is the perfect mix of human geography, economics and ecological studies. I was originally wanting to do just ecology when I found the course at York. EEE is a fun course with some hard bits of economics but I never did economics at A Level and I've not found it too awful.

It's a very small course, my year only has about 30 people, but 80% of the modules are mixed with the other Environment and Geography Department courses so you have lots of chances to make lots of friends.

The uni as a whole is so inclusive. The college system ensures you're part of something even after you leave accommodation after first year (p.s. pick Derwent, it's the best college :smile:). There are lots of college events including inter-college sports as well as drinking events, mixers and non-drinking socials. Something for everyone!! (Do pick Derwent though :smile:)

Maddie :smile:

Thanks for the reply, the university of York seems like a wonderful place. I'll be sure to put it on my list of options :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending