The Student Room Group

art gcse exam edexcel

IS ANYONE ELSE DOING EDEXCEL ART? Cause the theme locks is so cool and i have so many ideas but like i cant find any artists it sucks. the idea i'm going for is like people trapped in like a box or like people behind bars or gates kinda like a prison. thought there'd be more artists that did that but i cant find any specific ones.

edit: did not need to worry. grade 8 art baby
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by clauterasu9
IS ANYONE ELSE DOING EDEXCEL ART? Cause the theme locks is so cool and i have so many ideas but like i cant find any artists it sucks. the idea i'm going for is like people trapped in like a box or like people behind bars or gates kinda like a prison. thought there'd be more artists that did that but i cant find any specific ones.

Dear Clauterasu9

If I have this correct you are looking for current or historical artists to reference your own art around the theme "Locks" as part of College art course EDEXCEL ART.

The best advice I can give is actually see if you college links with any university. Then either using your college library or a linked university Library sign up for an "Academic database search course" this will teach you the skills to perform academic quality searches. I do not know the limits of the Edexcel Art course however, there are hundreds of prolific prison artists worldwide across topics of freedom, cages, locked, bars, barriers, birds, capture, bondage and many more. I think your difficulty finding artist isn't a lack of artists but, a lack of academic rigor in your searching and lack of searching methods.

Mark Bush
University of Suffolk
Student Rep - 2nd year Radiology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending