The Student Room Group

UCAS extra - Science related courses

Hii. I have changed my mind to the universities I applied to. I initially chose universities outside London for Dentistry. I am now planning to change my course and want to choose uni that is in London but at the same time I want my courses to be science related. Does UCAS extra from the previous years offer pharmacy or medical innovation courses (if not then what kind of courses are usually available) ?? Please, if you have had an experience of UCAS extra - help me out. Thanks a lot!!
@Admit-One @PQ know about stats for previous years a lot better than I do.

However, you should know that London unis are generally quite competitive and all of them may not be available on UCAS Extra. It isn’t to discourage you or anything, but you should be aware of this. What are your predicted/achieved grades?
Reply 2
Original post by sleep_supremacy
@Admit-One @PQ know about stats for previous years a lot better than I do.

However, you should know that London unis are generally quite competitive and all of them may not be available on UCAS Extra. It isn’t to discourage you or anything, but you should be aware of this. What are your predicted/achieved grades?

My predcitions are A*AA - for chem, bio, and maths. Would higher predictions increase the chance of getting an offer through UCAS extra or do they still base it off personal statements?
Original post by mytsz
Hii. I have changed my mind to the universities I applied to. I initially chose universities outside London for Dentistry. I am now planning to change my course and want to choose uni that is in London but at the same time I want my courses to be science related. Does UCAS extra from the previous years offer pharmacy or medical innovation courses (if not then what kind of courses are usually available) ?? Please, if you have had an experience of UCAS extra - help me out. Thanks a lot!!

Most courses will have some universities offering them in extra and Pharmacy has been in extra most years.

The difficulty is knowing which universities will be offering each course and top London universities tend not to be in extra at all. You wont know what universities and courses will be available until extra opens but is unlikely there will be courses available at Imperial, LSE and UCL. Kings in recent years havent had much if anything available.

Outside of that it is likely other universities will have courses available but you wont be able to tell until extra opens.

Here is a list of courses available for each university last year in clearing. I suspect it will have been similar for extra.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8815c53834f25ae7JmltdHM9MTY3NTQ2ODgwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTE0MA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=rg+universities+in+clearing&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGltZXNoaWdoZXJlZHVjYXRpb24uY29tL3N0dWRlbnQvYWR2aWNlL2NsZWFyaW5nLTIwMjItdWstdW5pdmVyc2l0aWVzLWNvdXJzZXMtc3RpbGwtYXZhaWxhYmxl&ntb=1
Original post by mytsz
My predcitions are A*AA - for chem, bio, and maths. Would higher predictions increase the chance of getting an offer through UCAS extra or do they still base it off personal statements?

As far as I know, it depends on both. Which unis are you aiming for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending