The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do good girls go for autistic guys or not?

What kind of questoon is that?
i knew of a girl who had an autism fetish, weird i know..

That's a little weird and creepy
You mean do they go for ill people first? :confused:

why wouldnt they...
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
why wouldnt they...

prob the autism

I've heard of 2 or 3 likely cases of this as well, although they probably would not label it an 'autism fetish'. I don't know a lot about it. It is not common.

Curious what your experience of this is? I'd rather hear your version first before I share my views... just because I can bring a strong bias to discussions like these.

This is a pretty stupid question, if you don't mind me saying.

I'm sure even autistic people have other stuff going for them, no?!? Therefore, if her attraction to the guys other qualities are strong enough, I'm sure she would make an allowance / tolerance for the autism... but is anyone really going to purposely choose or pursue someone because they're autistic :confused:

I mean, Rain Man is a great film, but come on
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
I've heard of 2 or 3 likely cases of this as well, although they probably would not label it an 'autism fetish'. I don't know a lot about it. It is not common.

See in my youth it was just called 'liking crazy bad boys' and people didn't think as much about it.
Define "Good."?
Original post by Amb/conf
Define "Good."?

Not autistic I can only assume.

Foreal?
Original post by Old Skool Freak
This is a pretty stupid question, if you don't mind me saying.

I'm sure even autistic people have other stuff going for them, no?!? Therefore, if her attraction to the guys other qualities are strong enough, I'm sure she would make an allowance / tolerance for the autism... but is anyone really going to purposely choose or pursue someone because they're autistic :confused:

I mean, Rain Man is a great film, but come on

I'm not saying that they just choose them for their autism. what I'm asking is would they date them regardless rather or not they have it or not.
Original post by StriderHort
You mean do they go for ill people first? :confused:

Autism is a disorder not a mental illness.
prob the autism

But why though?
Original post by NonIndigenous

Curious what your experience of this is? I'd rather hear your version first before I share my views... just because I can bring a strong bias to discussions like these.

Would they rather go for someone with down syndrome then?

Has the potential to be offensive.
I'm not saying that they just choose them for their autism. what I'm asking is would they date them regardless rather or not they have it or not.

I answered that in my original post...

If her attraction to his other qualities (e.g. looks, character, other quirks / talents etc) were strong enough, I'm sure a "good-girl" would look past the autism and work with it. On the other hand, if he didn't have anything else going for him, then she would probably look elsewhere; ditto if she felt the autism was too severe and / or his other attributes weren't worth the extra effort.
(edited 1 year ago)

People date dumb or ugly or useless people etc, I’m not saying autism is a “bad” or undesirable thing like these but I’m saying this to show there’s someone for everyone and people date all kinds of people, they see past these things are see them for who they are inside

Latest

Trending

Trending