The Student Room Group

Applying to the same uni twice

Hi, I've just got an offer from a university. But I've applied there for two courses. Are they now more likely to reject me for my second course as I've already been given an offer? Does it matter at all how many times I've applied to the same uni
@Admit-One @PQ ?

I don't think it matters, because as far as I know admissions treats every application the same irrespective of whether you applied for two courses or one.
Original post by bigsharter
Hi, I've just got an offer from a university. But I've applied there for two courses. Are they now more likely to reject me for my second course as I've already been given an offer? Does it matter at all how many times I've applied to the same uni

Depends on the university and their policy.
Often it won't make any difference, but as above, some unis have a policy about only giving one offer, especially within the same academic department.

Not sure where this sits with UCAS's equal consideration policy, but there we go.
It shouldn't effect anything, all applications should be looked at individually for the course

i applied for two at the same place, and got offers for both, so you should be fine!
Currently holding two offers from one university. One is a single honours and one is joint honours so there is also overlap
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/applying/making-an-application/ucas
If you want to apply for more than one degree at Edinburgh you should ask us for advice on your choices.

In some cases we may advise that it would be better to use only one of your choices, if, for example, more than one degree you are considering applying for is within the same subject area.

Even if you meet the relevant entry requirements for all of the degrees you have applied for, some of our colleges may only be prepared to make you one offer. This is especially true if you use two or more of your choices to apply for degrees where there is considerable competition.

In other cases, a college may decide it is possible to make you up to two offers, but this depends on the degrees you have applied for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending