The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York student life

hey, i was wondering if there were any students who could share their student life while studying at uni of york
a guy i know attends york (for law) & seems to be having the time of his life! posts a pic of a party on his story every weekend lol
University of York
York
Reply 2
oo thats comforting then mhmhm

Original post by fuzzyturtle
a guy i know attends york (for law) & seems to be having the time of his life! posts a pic of a party on his story every weekend lol
Original post by kxtiee
hey, i was wondering if there were any students who could share their student life while studying at uni of york

Hi there!

So lovely to hear you're interested in studying at York!

I graduated from York last year, so I'll share a little bit about my experience...

I started studying Biology at York in 2018 after deferring for a year. I was in catered accommodation in Derwent college, which wasn't my top choice, but it worked out really well! I got on very well with my flat, so for my first year they formed my main friendship group. As I enjoy going out clubbing, I did that a fair bit in my first year - I found that York had a really good nightlife, with a great selection of bars (my personal favourites were Stone Roses and Flares) as well as clubs (I really liked Salvation). I also loved how easy it was to get around York, and that I could get back to campus from a night out cheaply and safely on the bus. Clubbing isn't my only interest though - I also loved going out for meals with my flat, we even had a few picnics on campus in the summer term! We have over 200 societies as well, which are an excellent way to explore new hobbies as well as make friends - so your flat isn't the be-all and end-all. In my second, third and fourth years I lived with some people from my flat and my course. I moved away from clubbing a bit more (having done quite a lot of it in first-year!), instead opting for more casual drinking at bars, or going round to friends houses for take-aways, movie marathons and cooking together.

I hope that gives you an insight into a social life at York - if you'd like to find out more about student life at York, I'd recommend checking out our YouTube channel @UoYstudentvlogs and our student blogs webpage, Student Voices too! In particular, you could check out the student societies and Why York playlists!

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending