The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Film

Any film or creative writing students at Lancaster have any advice about their courses? I'm interested in both. Also, how is the diversity up there? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by tsarka
Any film or creative writing students at Lancaster have any advice about their courses? I'm interested in both. Also, how is the diversity up there? Thanks! :smile:

Hey @tsarka

I don't study film or creative writing so unfortunately I cannot give you any advice there, but I am an international student here at Lancaster so I can help with the diverse part.
I would say that I am actually surprised with how diverse Lancaster actually is. Before coming here I had a few doubts as its in north west England and I had heard that most of the population around is British.
There is a a diverse student population, with over 12,000 students from more than150 countries around the world. In addition to international students, the university also has a diverse mix of domestic students from different backgrounds and cultures.
The University also has a number of initiatives and programs in place to promote diversity and inclusion on campus, including a dedicated Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion team. There are also a number of student-run societies and groups that promote diversity and celebrate different cultures, with regular events.

I hope that helps answer your question. :smile:
Vyomika
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending