The Student Room Group

Best Architecture school

I have received offer letters from University of Liverpool and University of Oxford Brookes. Which is better in terms of architecture department?
What do you consider the pros and cons of each?
Original post by Rajasri14
I have received offer letters from University of Liverpool and University of Oxford Brookes. Which is better in terms of architecture department?

Hi @Rajasri14,

Congratulations on your offers! Sounds like you have a pretty good dilemma on your hands. As an Oxford Brookes University rep, I am clearly biased, but I'll try to give you some unbiased advice. I would really recommend getting to both unis for Open/Applicant Days. And if you are still waiting on offers from other unis, try to visit those as well. This is one of the best ways to get a feel for the campus, get to speak to faculty directly (which will give you a much better idea of what the Architecture department is actually like) and even speak to current students, admissions and a whole host of other university administrators who can give you useful information.

Oxford Brookes' next Applicant Day is on 1 April (you can sign up for this here). If you're not able to make that date, there are other dates available in the summer. Hope to see you at one of the events and get in touch with the Admissions Team if you have any further questions.

And one last thing! I won't compare Oxford Brookes to other universities, but I can tell you that Architecture is one the most selective if not the most selective courses we offer at OBU. Just getting an offer is quite an achievement!

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending