The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Accommodation applications open

Accommodation applications are now open.

Whilst you can apply anytime after the 15th of February the sooner you apply the better the chance you have of getting the accommodation you want ( This is not a guarantee)

Our accommodation sites are all in the centre of York, 1 mile or less from campus. We have a range of accommodation sites with all different facilities Do your research what do you require. Think about your budget what can you realistically afford

Do you have any additional requirements or needs.

Our website is an excellent starting point for any information you may require. https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/accommodation/#YSJ

I loved living in student accommodation, I made some really good friends and had lots of fun. I am no expert but I am happy to try and answer any questions

Rebecca York St John Student Ambassador :smile:
Original post by Rebecca YSJ
Accommodation applications are now open.

Whilst you can apply anytime after the 15th of February the sooner you apply the better the chance you have of getting the accommodation you want ( This is not a guarantee)

Our accommodation sites are all in the centre of York, 1 mile or less from campus. We have a range of accommodation sites with all different facilities Do your research what do you require. Think about your budget what can you realistically afford

Do you have any additional requirements or needs.

Our website is an excellent starting point for any information you may require. https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/accommodation/#YSJ

I loved living in student accommodation, I made some really good friends and had lots of fun. I am no expert but I am happy to try and answer any questions

Rebecca York St John Student Ambassador :smile:

If you are correct in saying that, "the sooner you apply the better the chance you have of getting the accommodation you want" then the university is in breach of UCAS Business Rule 9 which states, "Customers must not ask applicants to reply to offers before the normal reply date, regardless of when the offer was made, unless the course starts before 1 September. Requesting early replies in return for benefits (e.g. priority access to accommodation) is not permitted."

For the avoidance of doubt, this document entitled "Best Practice guidance for accommodation allocation in line with UCAS Business Rules", published by UCAS last year, specifically cites "Allowing priority booking for accommodation or other services, whereby an applicant who responds before 9 June 2022 receives a real or perceived advantage over other applicants" as specific example of a Business Rule 9 violation.

You might like to feed this back to your accommodation office.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Hello,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I perhaps did not word it very well I meant to say for students who know they wish to attend YSJ I will seek advice and ask for the post to be removed.

Rebecca
(edited 1 year ago)
Studying politics and int relations
Going to open day in March but what side of college will I be studying in ?
And where do politics students normally go for accom please
Hello,

Politics and International relations sounds really interesting! You will more than likely have some lessons in our De Grey building ( Home to our York Business School) But you may also have lectures/ seminars on other parts of the campus

In terms of accommodation, there isn't really accommodation for specific courses. I lived with a law student two physio students a student studying Korean. It made for a really nice mix of people.

Hope this helps a bit. Any other questions feel free to ask away :smile:

Rebecca York St John Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending