The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Financial support for students from Ireland

I'm an Irish citizen living in Ireland (Cork) and hoping to apply to university in the UK to study radiography. I know the NHS gives a €5,000 contribution to fees for this course through the Learning Support Fund. Does anyone know if I would be eligible for this or if there is any other financial assistance I can get in applying from Ireland. Also would I be able to get a student loan from UK? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an Irish citizen living in Ireland (Cork) and hoping to apply to university in the UK to study radiography. I know the NHS gives a €5,000 contribution to fees for this course through the Learning Support Fund. Does anyone know if I would be eligible for this or if there is any other financial assistance I can get in applying from Ireland. Also would I be able to get a student loan from UK? Thanks.

The NHS Learning Support Fund is only payable to students who study a course in England (not Scotland) and are eligible for tuition fees and maintenance support from the Student Loans Company, either through:

Student Finance England (SFE)
Student Finance Wales (SFW)
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)

There is info on the following website on applying for financial support for Irish citizens:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/studying_abroad/studying_in_the_uk_including_northern_ireland.html
(edited 1 year ago)
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous

Your own student finance company in Ireland will fully fund your course for radiography at Edinburgh queen's Margaret university as no other student finance company in other parts of the UK will deal with it..

Contact your own student finance company in Ireland and see what they say about things okay.

A final year NHS Scotland student adult nurse

Quick Reply

Latest