The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University of Chester, UK

I got Admitted into University of Chester, UK for a Master program with a partial Funding, the remaining fees is £11,750. Can I get job on campus to pay for my fees?
You should be able to - most universities have Unitemps which is a place students can go for temporary / short term jobs which are likely to be on campus. It might be worth you having a look to see what’s available to you, maybe the student Union might be able to advise. You might have some areas close by perhaps like an eatery or cinema which might have some jobs going, so you could take a look at those, however you just need to make sure that they don’t call the shots when it comes to your hours, especially as your availability might change between semesters and of course in the months when you won’t have classes.

I hope this helps!

Siobhan
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by Siobhan79
You should be able to - most universities have Unitemps which is a place students can go for temporary / short term jobs which are likely to be on campus. It might be worth you having a look to see what’s available to you, maybe the student Union might be able to advise. You might have some areas close by perhaps like an eatery or cinema which might have some jobs going, so you could take a look at those, however you just need to make sure that they don’t call the shots when it comes to your hours, especially as your availability might change between semesters and of course in the months when you won’t have classes.

I hope this helps!

Siobhan

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. Though, I am an International student. I don't know if I can get one now, so that it will take care of my school fees and then focus on other things...
Original post by Naomititilayo
I got Admitted into University of Chester, UK for a Master program with a partial Funding, the remaining fees is £11,750. Can I get job on campus to pay for my fees?

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/careers-and-employability/students/earn-while-you-learn

If you're studying within Chester itself (one of Exton Park, Kingsway, Wheeler or Queen's Park campuses), there's also lots of pubs, cafes, restaraunts, shops and the Storyhouse (combined library/theatre/cinema) all within walking distance of campus and accommodation.
Original post by Emily_B
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/careers-and-employability/students/earn-while-you-learn

If you're studying within Chester itself (one of Exton Park, Kingsway, Wheeler or Queen's Park campuses), there's also lots of pubs, cafes, restaraunts, shops and the Storyhouse (combined library/theatre/cinema) all within walking distance of campus and accommodation.

Thank you for your response, the issue is I am ask to deposit £8000 to be able to get CAS
Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. Though, I am an International student. I don't know if I can get one now, so that it will take care of my school fees and then focus on other things...

I guess my second thought is how are you at making things / crafting? It would be quite easy to set up an ETSY shop online (the fees are low and very affordable) and sell something you make. If you start making things now, get some decent photos and put them online, you should be able to get a decent amount of cash in during the run up to Christmas. If you’re able to get a job in the UK then you can do that too, just make sure you don’t burn yourself out. That’s a good reason to make your ETSY stock now and I would suggest you get your shop up and running by October at the latest. Then it will be a case of regularly looking to find out when you have a sale and shipping them off, I’d go with one or two days a week, give yourself a bit of time.

Hello @Naomititilayo

To obtain your CAS, you must make your deposit and provide us with financial documents to prove that you have sufficient money to obtain a student visa. The same documents must be submitted with your visa application. We cannot permit you to enter onto a course without providing evidence of already having these funds, as this would violate UKVI guidelines.

With regards to part-time work, as an international student you can work up to 20 hours per week. You can find more information about this here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/visas-arrival-and-enrolment/visa-regulations/working-uk

Our Careers and Employability team can help you find a part-time role, either working for the university on site, or for a local business in Chester. You can learn more here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/careers-and-employability/students/earn-while-you-learn

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending