The Student Room Group

Retaking my Second Year at University of Liverpool

I'm currently in my second year of a 3 year BSc Game Design course, and have failed quite a few modules to the point where I might have to resit this year again because I don't think I'll be able to get pass grades in all of them during the summer resits.

Will Student Finance pay me both a maintenance and tuition loan for this repeated year and how would I go about applying for this?
Original post by establish
I'm currently in my second year of a 3 year BSc Game Design course, and have failed quite a few modules to the point where I might have to resit this year again because I don't think I'll be able to get pass grades in all of them during the summer resits.

Will Student Finance pay me both a maintenance and tuition loan for this repeated year and how would I go about applying for this?

Hi there, When are you due to repeat the year of your course? Will it be a full year repeat or a part year repeat? Have you repeated a year of your course previously or have you studied at higher education level previously? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, When are you due to repeat the year of your course? Will it be a full year repeat or a part year repeat? Have you repeated a year of your course previously or have you studied at higher education level previously? Thanks, Karen

Thank you for your response,

I am due to repeat the year in the 23/24 academic year, but that is only if I don't manage to get passing grades on the summer resits, which it doesn't seem likely that I will. Looking at some of the conversations I've had with my Academic Advisor I think it would most likely be a part year repeat where I only repeat the modules that I failed this year but I'm not entirely sure on this. I have not had to repeat a year already and I haven't studied at higher education previously. Thank you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you for your response,

I am due to repeat the year next year, but that is only if I don't manage to get passing grades on the summer resits, which it doesn't seem likely that I will. Looking at some of the conversations I've had with my Academic Advisor I think it would most likely be a part year repeat where I only repeat the modules that I failed this year but I'm not entirely sure on this. I have not had to repeat a year already and I haven't studied at higher education previously. Thank you.

If you are due to repeat your year in 23/24 academic year you would need to submit your application for the team to review. once this is submitted your university would then be required to submit a repetition notification to advise the team the dates you will be repeating your course. Once this has been received and processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
If you are due to repeat your year in 23/24 academic year you would need to submit your application for the team to review. once this is submitted your university would then be required to submit a repetition notification to advise the team the dates you will be repeating your course. Once this has been received and processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen

Can I also ask how this will affect my maintenance loan too? I am independent so if I do end up having to repeat a year I will need to pay for accommodation too. Usually, I am entitled to the full amount, would this still be the case for this repeat year or will that be under review?
Can I also ask how this will affect my maintenance loan too? I am independent so if I do end up having to repeat a year I will need to pay for accommodation too. Usually, I am entitled to the full amount, would this still be the case for this repeat year or will that be under review?

The team would only award funding for the time spent on your course. If you are repeating part of the year then you wouldn't receive the full funding. Once the information and application has been submitted the team will confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen
Hi there!

Just to jump in, you can also get some advice from the student support services this issue at the University in addition to student finance useful support on here :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Hi there,

As an Independent student you'll automatically be awarded the maximum Maintenance Loan. However, if you're only repeating part of the year it's possible you won't be entitled to the full amount.

Once you submit your application we'd recommend asking your university to send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) form confirming the dates you'll be attending. That way if we need to adjust your entitlement we will.

Thanks, Graeme
Could you tell be a bit about the course at the UniofLiv please? I got accepted for this course but I dont know anyone who is studying it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending