The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE or Georgetown

I’ve received a master’s offer from LSE (MSc media and communications), and I’ve also been accepted to Georgetown (Communications, culture and technology). I’ve got no idea where to go seeing as both schools are incredibly prestigious. Almost all rankings place LSE higher than Georgetown, but most people I’ve spoken to seem to suggest Georgetown would be the better option. Any advice?
How much does each cost, and which is giving you more (or any) money to study there? That's likely going to the deciding factor for most people.

Note also masters degrees in the US are normally 2 year programmes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by artful_lounger
How much does each cost, and which is giving you more (or any) money to study there? That's likely going to the deciding factor for most people.

Note also masters degrees in the US are normally 2 year programmes.

Cost isn’t really a factor, since my country’s ministry of education covers the tuition fees for both universities.
Original post by Anonymous
Cost isn’t really a factor, since my country’s ministry of education covers the tuition fees for both universities.

How fortunate! You might want to consider cost of living in each city then. Both DC and London are extremely expensive of course, but you might find one cheaper than the other once you factor in all things (for example, in the US you need to factor in health insurance costs).

Also consider whether you would prefer a one or two year programme (and whether you'd rather study in the US or UK in general). The programmes also seem a bit different - the Georgetown one seems to emphasis more the "tech" angle with various programming/analytics/data science-y options, whereas the LSE one seems to be more focused on media analysis type stuff.
You make a good point. Definitely worth considering, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending