The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Wrong course by referee

Hi everyone,

I applied last week to the Doctorate of Design at Northumbria University and my referee was great and uploaded the reference letter the same day, however, while reviewing my application I realized that my referee by mistake write in the letter that he recommends me for the MA Design instead of the DDes.

What do you think I should do? I don't know the process of filling out the referee form. Is he able to withdraw the letter and upload a new one?

It is a great reference letter but my mistake at the end he wrote MA rather than DDes.

Shall I contact the uni or just leave it as is?

Thanks.
I think it would probably be best if you got your reference to contact the university about this - I can't really speak about Northumbria's postgraduate admissions systems, but it's not uncommon for referees to make mistakes and usually this needs to be rectified by the referee rather than the applicant. I don't expect it's likely to be a huge problem, they'll probably understand what's happened here, but it probably wouldn't hurt to do this either.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by DoctorJorts
I think it would probably be best if you got your reference to contact the university about this - I can't really speak about Northumbria's postgraduate admissions systems, but it's not uncommon for referees to make mistakes and usually this needs to be rectified by the referee rather than the applicant. I don't expect it's likely to be a huge problem, they'll probably understand what's happened here, but it probably wouldn't hurt to do this either.

Thank you Doc,

I contacted the referee and he will look into it if can upload a new document. He didn't explain if the system allows for withdrawal and resubmission but he is going to look into it.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending