The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting?

Since I got rejected brutally, I have been feeling as depressed as going through family bereavement.

I have never dated and don't know if this adds to my sadness. Midnight is when such feeling hits its worst. I cannot recount how many midnights I have had tears in my eyes. For years, I have gone through so much that made me as numb as a tree.

I did mention this to a few friends, but didn't go deep as I am afraid of alienating them. I feel lonely, helpless and everything seems to be spiraling downwards and downwards.
I was in your position about 4 years ago and I know exactly how it feels - it may seem like it won’t end but trust me it will, you just need to give it time :smile:

The worst thing to do for yourself is going through this alone, please have someone to talk to that can actualy make you feel hears, or if you don’t at the moment you can purge your feelings into a journal!

Some people feel emotions more intensely than others, so try not to hold it against the people around you if they don’t fully understand. But if anyone is invalidating your feelings or is hanging out with the person who rejected you please cut them off.
Original post by Anonymous
Since I got rejected brutally, I have been feeling as depressed as going through family bereavement.

I have never dated and don't know if this adds to my sadness. Midnight is when such feeling hits its worst. I cannot recount how many midnights I have had tears in my eyes. For years, I have gone through so much that made me as numb as a tree.

I did mention this to a few friends, but didn't go deep as I am afraid of alienating them. I feel lonely, helpless and everything seems to be spiraling downwards and downwards.

I'm sorry to hear that the person was so harsh on you, you honestly didn't deserve that - I don't think you're overreacting with everything that's going on in your life and I'm not surprised you feel this way. I'm so sorry for your loss and that you were treated like that. It might be worth talking to someone you are close with about this, I highly doubt you would be alienating your friends; being friends with someone does mean that they'll be there for you and thankfully when I was in a similar situation my friend was always there for me; I appreciate her for that and actually the situation brought us closer as friends and she's been my best friend since. Things are horrible right now, but it will pass, like a storm - these feelings will fade, it won't last forever. I hope you feel better soon, try talking to someone, spend time with your loved ones and do other things to help you not think about all this. Time heals, I hope you feel better soon :suith:
Original post by Bean_cat
I'm sorry to hear that the person was so harsh on you, you honestly didn't deserve that - I don't think you're overreacting with everything that's going on in your life and I'm not surprised you feel this way. I'm so sorry for your loss and that you were treated like that. It might be worth talking to someone you are close with about this, I highly doubt you would be alienating your friends; being friends with someone does mean that they'll be there for you and thankfully when I was in a similar situation my friend was always there for me; I appreciate her for that and actually the situation brought us closer as friends and she's been my best friend since. Things are horrible right now, but it will pass, like a storm - these feelings will fade, it won't last forever. I hope you feel better soon, try talking to someone, spend time with your loved ones and do other things to help you not think about all this. Time heals, I hope you feel better soon :suith:

Thanks a lot. Your words warm my heart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending