The Student Room Group

medicine laptop

hi I start med school in September but my current laptop just died on me, I was originally replacing it anyway so what laptop do current med students think is best? imagine price doesn't matter as I'm getting whats best rather than most cost efficient
MacBook Air
Original post by .765346777543
hi I start med school in September but my current laptop just died on me, I was originally replacing it anyway so what laptop do current med students think is best? imagine price doesn't matter as I'm getting whats best rather than most cost efficient

Since as a medical student you're probably going to be primarily using it for the purpose of browsing the internet and doing basic word processing, the "best" for that is also likely to be the most cost efficient because it's not something that requires a particularly expensive laptop and setup to do.

You are best off being guided by what you will be using it for in your personal time, as that will more likely be the bottleneck for potential things you are looking at - e.g. if you like gaming on pc in your free time, you probably will be limited to looking at those with (decent) discrete GPUs; if you want to save lots of pictures and videos then you probably want one with lots of storage space. If you want to be a poseur, you probably want an apple product. Etc, etc.
Original post by artful_lounger
Since as a medical student you're probably going to be primarily using it for the purpose of browsing the internet and doing basic word processing, the "best" for that is also likely to be the most cost efficient because it's not something that requires a particularly expensive laptop and setup to do.

You are best off being guided by what you will be using it for in your personal time, as that will more likely be the bottleneck for potential things you are looking at - e.g. if you like gaming on pc in your free time, you probably will be limited to looking at those with (decent) discrete GPUs; if you want to save lots of pictures and videos then you probably want one with lots of storage space. If you want to be a poseur, you probably want an apple product. Etc, etc.

oh that makes a lot of sense actually, thanks!! il see what suits my lifestyle and go from there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending