The Student Room Group

Which uni should I firm for architecture?

I do not know if I should choose University of Manchester or University of Edinburgh for my architecture undergrad. Which one would you recommend?
Original post by nkho
I do not know if I should choose University of Manchester or University of Edinburgh for my architecture undergrad. Which one would you recommend?

Only you can make that decision (and you don't have to make it until June so take your time). Things to consider:

The course content and teaching approach
Look through the modules again and think about whether the course structure, learning style and opportunities are right for you. Are there overseas fieldtrips, who will teach you and what are their areas of expertise and interest, links with architectural practices, etc.

Travel, accommodation and living costs
Consider distance from home and compare costs for each city and availability of accommodation. Both Edinburgh and Manchester were in the press in autumn 2022 regarding shortages of student accommodation. Look on the uni websites for details of cost of living.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/experience/student-life/living-costs/

Social life
Do the unis have a good range of societies/clubs that meet your interests? Do the cities appeal to you in terms of entertainment, sports facilities, green space, etc.

If you can, go to the offer-holder days to have another look around the facilities, and to ask current students and lecturers about the course, the accommodation, the city, etc.
Original post by nkho

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and I can't decide.... Could I reach out to you in any other way? Have you made any decisions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending