The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Foundation Year Group Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KammC10
nah you're fine, I'm much more of a waffler here lol, probably why I take so long on my exams

Lol fair, but still I don’t even realise how much I’ve written until I send it. This is like a mini essay lol
definitely great in exams but also an examiners nightmare
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly teachers like that make it hard to revise properly for the subject , but I need the grades lol. I mean at least you have one good teacher , better than both bad even though they’re on opposite ends on the spectrum lol. I can’t imagine having a teacher so boring I’d want to sleep but at the same time the random one doesn’t really help. My business teachers do that, but do it well and because of that I’ve heard some really interesting stories (and questionable comments lol )
in dt we were allowed to make anything and it had to be ‘something no one has every thought of before’, so I decided on coffee table (very innovative ). I mean the only thing innovative about it is that it sort of floats and is an optical illusion, but my teacher helped design that lol, I just made minor tweaks
chemistry sounds pretty decent. Ngl ‘buffers’ does sound like quite a boring topic - what’s it about ?
organic chemistry sounds more like what I’d like lol. Anything practical based is perfect
Ngl that coursework does sound quite boring at least it’s done though. How many words was the dissertation? I remember my art one was 3000 words (a lot of effort) but I just play music while I write it or do anything tbh . Always listening to Spotify or a podcast
honestly I’m the exact same with my revision. If I could revise in my room I would but I broke the chair lol. Even with that the signal is trash so I just study in the living room which doesn’t go that well unless I’m fully zoned in. I’d say my biggest distraction is probably tv or scrolling on new articles (very random) . However when I revise I use pomodoro timers which work great until I get to the 25 minute break and end up spending 1 hour lol (true crime gets me distracted )
I always stay after school so atleast I know I’ve done some revision . Most days I stay till 5/5:30 which is decent when some days I finish at 12. Luckily my timetable is pretty nice
dang thats an early exam , not a lot of time left then lol. Might want to start prepping your hands now - 2 hours of writing is taxing on the hands . Luckily the half term gap will help with catch up revision and a ‘break’ (atp any holiday is no longer a ‘holiday’)
Two exams on the same day? Absolute tourture . I can’t imagine doing that , but I think I have a business and dt in the same day (internally crying)
you know what, it’s going to be an intense two weeks but at least when your done, your done whereas the rest of us have that prolonged dread of exams lol
fair with sleeping lol, hopefully I’ll have some from of energy to even get Chinese or Starbucks, or I’ll just buy it by the carton
luckily I finish my exams before my birthday (3 days before ) but most of my friends are still doing exams. Plus tbh I don’t know if I want to do anything this year , depends how I feel. But I will get cake though - cake is a must (red velvet only , superior flavour)
I haven’t got my provisional yet as I had to sort some things out, but I’ll be getting it soon. At this rate I hope to pass before I go uni lol - just so it’s out of the way and I can’t complain I can’t afford it
I don’t know many people who are driving already yet - would be nice to have passed already though but then again getting a car is another hassle
I feel like I’m ok with waiting a bit since I’m more of a train person . One weird thing is I actually like the sound of the underground and enjoy taking trains - hence the civil engineering
I had a few plans in mind for summer. Probably some day trips, need to go Southampton again to visit properly ( docks first lol ). I did want to go to Edinburgh but that’s looking like a bit of a stretch. Definitely some train taking and travelling (don’t know where yet ). Also getting into gaming a bit (sims 100% and trying new ones) .
I also promised myself when I finish my exams I’m buying Sony headphones. It’s a necessity lol
basically I lost my AirPods case on the train (ironic ) and haven’t found it since, so now I use fake AirPods lol- sound quality is no where near the same but bearable . Maybe a new laptop if I could get one too
have you got any plans for summer ?

A floating coffee table that is an optical illusion? Sounds oddly specific, good luck with that lol. The buffers topic is... im not really sure how to explain it without using chemistry terms apart from its just a huge pain. Its about special kinds of solutions that resist changes in pH but the calculations and theory to do with it is much more complicated. The geography NEA dissertation recommendation is about 4000 words, you wanna know how many words I did? 15000. And that was about the class average, because none of us know how to write dissertations without waffling to get our points through. Good practice for university ig? Plus I already did the EPQ so I've had 2 kinds of mind-numbing practice. I revise either in my room or in my kitchen, my room gets like no sunlight so its kinda dark at times, thats why I like to go to the kitchen sometimes where it isn't as miserable. Either way all it takes is one yt video or opening insta and then I'm distracted for the rest of the day. I've heard about the pomodoro technique. What exactly is it? Does it work? (I might try it if it does).
Yeah when I can get picked up by someone and not have to take the bus I like to stay until 5:30 to finish work. I really couldn't have gotten a worse exam timetable, start early and finish late, literal torture. I really am not ready for my exam, I'm worried I'll run out of time, I wish they would just let me have infinite time like why does the time limit even exist? Its not like they are trying to assess us on how fast we write, its just disadvantageous to me and other slow writers. Wait your birthday is also in June and you like red velvet too????? literally my favourite kind of cake lol. I hope I pass my driving test before uni otherwise I would have to wait until December to do it and I can guarantee I would have forgotten everything by then. I like trains and all (pretty much the only mode of transportation I don't get motion sickness), fan of the underground too (I had a london underground map bedsheet for about 6 years), but its really nice to have the freedom of a car, especially where I live in the countryside where buses are terrible. For the Summer, I'm going on holiday to Cyprus with my extended family, which would be great to relax by the beach etc. after stressful exams. I would also love to go to Edinburgh one day, who knows, I might go on a road trip after I pass my driving test, got a lot of time to kill over the Summer which I don't have plans for. I'm hoping to save some money for a good PC or laptop so I can also run some games + get into gaming more. I have never actually played the sims (unless you count simcity buildit), my older sister used to when she was younger I think. Whats it about, is it like a roleplay game?
I used to have fake airpods too, I ordered them of some suspicious website and when they arrived they didn't work so I just decided to save up and buy the real thing. I'm also trying to save up some money for university, haven't thought too much about getting a part time job over the summer but maybe I should, would definitely help with the saving. Do you work (or have you worked) a part time job at all? I've only really done volunteering stuff (which is what I end up putting on my personal statement) since I've only really needed the experience and not the money, but if I want to get some money before starting uni maybe I should.
Original post by KammC10
A floating coffee table that is an optical illusion? Sounds oddly specific, good luck with that lol. The buffers topic is... im not really sure how to explain it without using chemistry terms apart from its just a huge pain. Its about special kinds of solutions that resist changes in pH but the calculations and theory to do with it is much more complicated. The geography NEA dissertation recommendation is about 4000 words, you wanna know how many words I did? 15000. And that was about the class average, because none of us know how to write dissertations without waffling to get our points through. Good practice for university ig? Plus I already did the EPQ so I've had 2 kinds of mind-numbing practice. I revise either in my room or in my kitchen, my room gets like no sunlight so its kinda dark at times, thats why I like to go to the kitchen sometimes where it isn't as miserable. Either way all it takes is one yt video or opening insta and then I'm distracted for the rest of the day. I've heard about the pomodoro technique. What exactly is it? Does it work? (I might try it if it does).
Yeah when I can get picked up by someone and not have to take the bus I like to stay until 5:30 to finish work. I really couldn't have gotten a worse exam timetable, start early and finish late, literal torture. I really am not ready for my exam, I'm worried I'll run out of time, I wish they would just let me have infinite time like why does the time limit even exist? Its not like they are trying to assess us on how fast we write, its just disadvantageous to me and other slow writers. Wait your birthday is also in June and you like red velvet too????? literally my favourite kind of cake lol. I hope I pass my driving test before uni otherwise I would have to wait until December to do it and I can guarantee I would have forgotten everything by then. I like trains and all (pretty much the only mode of transportation I don't get motion sickness), fan of the underground too (I had a london underground map bedsheet for about 6 years), but its really nice to have the freedom of a car, especially where I live in the countryside where buses are terrible. For the Summer, I'm going on holiday to Cyprus with my extended family, which would be great to relax by the beach etc. after stressful exams. I would also love to go to Edinburgh one day, who knows, I might go on a road trip after I pass my driving test, got a lot of time to kill over the Summer which I don't have plans for. I'm hoping to save some money for a good PC or laptop so I can also run some games + get into gaming more. I have never actually played the sims (unless you count simcity buildit), my older sister used to when she was younger I think. Whats it about, is it like a roleplay game?
I used to have fake airpods too, I ordered them of some suspicious website and when they arrived they didn't work so I just decided to save up and buy the real thing. I'm also trying to save up some money for university, haven't thought too much about getting a part time job over the summer but maybe I should, would definitely help with the saving. Do you work (or have you worked) a part time job at all? I've only really done volunteering stuff (which is what I end up putting on my personal statement) since I've only really needed the experience and not the money, but if I want to get some money before starting uni maybe I should.

Yh the tables like an optical illusion but it’s all cubes lol. Some of them are hollowed out as drawers so it’s decently ok to make . I’ve done a few prototypes and it wasn’t too bad ( however I’m not good with a hot glue gun lol)
That chemistry thing does sound complicated- only thing I understood was calculations
1500? That’s not even half loll. I mean quality over quantity , but at least a bit of waffle to pad it out lol. EPQ should have helped with all the waffling lol. Definitely good practice for uni. Who knows how many words they’ll be asking us to write, and probably well more than 4000 words .What was your EPQ about ?
At least the kitchen isn’t too bad , plus faster access to snacks if needed . I prefer my living room since the sofa is sort of like a recliner but not? One end of it is really long, idk how to explain it but you can stretch your legs over it so it’s like a bed in a way (I’m not explaining it very well lol) . Great for studying and sleeping too . As great as the living room is, distraction is there. I think most times I just get bored and watch a movie on Disney plus (weirdly enough Disney movies because nostalgia) or play random childhood songs and sing with my sister (especially the coconut song which my mum has gotten sick of- can’t believe I still listen to it lol)
Honestly I’m scared for these exams too. I remember in my business mock I was still writing even when they were collecting papers. Missed on half a 16 marker and part of a 9 I think, but still done pretty decently to my surprise
Pomodoro technique really does help me since I have the attention span of a fly, so it keeps me focussed. However I will say it works best when studying alone or with people equally as focussed
Loll that timetable sounds bad. I think I finish at 12 5 times a fortnight , one of them I only have one lesson with a free first (very lucky )
Yes I’m a June girl (love being born in June - perfect weather , can actually do something nice ) however I am the last ones to age up , but still better than July
Red velvet is the superior flavour , I can’t imagine getting cake in any other flavour. Worst is chocolate , it just taste like cocoa powder to me. However some are pretty good, I’ll still eat it if I’m given it , but I wouldn’t buy it by choice . Speaking of chocolate , what your favourite one? Mine are malteasers - expensive, but worth it. Lately I’ve been loving kinder chocolate - actually affordable lol, and tastes great
Truee , you’ve got a long summer so might as well pass it as soon as you can - good luck ! Tbh I really need to do mine. I was revising for it a while ago but then forgot everything (goldfish memory ) , so I probably need to start that again after exams
You have an underground bedsheet? Very interesting. I never knew they done bedsheets, I though it was only cushions and stuff . I recently got an underground key chain- just saw them , decent deal and thought I’d get it . Ive been wanting something underground related cause why not? For art, I’m doing travel so it’s been a lot of painting places , trains, buses etc so I’m thinking of using those for my ‘underground’ piece to have.
Cars are really useful too, especially for countryside areas. I’m sort of from a village area (bus every 2 hours - ridiculous ) so if you live in the proper village, you can’t get anywhere without a car lol
Cyprus sounds really nice ! Hope you have fun. I’ve never travelled anywhere before but hopefully one day I’ll get to go round some places .
I say go for the road trip. You’ve got the time, probably license and car so why not. Have fun before uni (before everyone’s sleep deprived lol)
Good pc’s are pricey . Ones I’ve seen are like 700 and that’s alot. I feel like I just want to game, not a full on avid gamer but like enough that I can say I play games if that makes sense . What sort of games are you into (or looking to get into) . I’ve never heard of sim city build before , probably like sims ? Sims is basically you create your own life, build houses, make experiences etc . It’s pretty fun once you get the hang of it. It’s a lot of fun designing sims - I think I named mine deshawn and Layla and I made them opposites and see how they lived together (atp they tolerate each other lol)
Loll yours didn’t even work, that’s hilarious . Hope they didn’t charge a ridiculous price for it. In my opinion, I want to say don’t get AirPods (shocking). Reasons for is that they are horrible on call. No one will be able to hear you. I remember when I was on call with someone with them on and I disconnected my AirPods they described it as having your ears unplugged (the sound is awful trust me)
Definitely save money for uni, never know when you’ll need it. I do work part time but I might be taking some time off for exams. I think I’ve been there about a year and a half ? Working is definitely an experience. You get some pretty cool and funny experiences (I’ve had plenty from customers )
Volunteering sounds pretty cool. What did you volunteer as?
Yh the tables like an optical illusion but it’s all cubes lol. Some of them are hollowed out as drawers so it’s decently ok to make . I’ve done a few prototypes and it wasn’t too bad ( however I’m not good with a hot glue gun lol)
That chemistry thing does sound complicated- only thing I understood was calculations
1500? That’s not even half loll. I mean quality over quantity , but at least a bit of waffle to pad it out lol. EPQ should have helped with all the waffling lol. Definitely good practice for uni. Who knows how many words they’ll be asking us to write, and probably well more than 4000 words .What was your EPQ about ?
At least the kitchen isn’t too bad , plus faster access to snacks if needed . I prefer my living room since the sofa is sort of like a recliner but not? One end of it is really long, idk how to explain it but you can stretch your legs over it so it’s like a bed in a way (I’m not explaining it very well lol) . Great for studying and sleeping too . As great as the living room is, distraction is there. I think most times I just get bored and watch a movie on Disney plus (weirdly enough Disney movies because nostalgia) or play random childhood songs and sing with my sister (especially the coconut song which my mum has gotten sick of- can’t believe I still listen to it lol)
Honestly I’m scared for these exams too. I remember in my business mock I was still writing even when they were collecting papers. Missed on half a 16 marker and part of a 9 I think, but still done pretty decently to my surprise
Pomodoro technique really does help me since I have the attention span of a fly, so it keeps me focussed. However I will say it works best when studying alone or with people equally as focussed
Loll that timetable sounds bad. I think I finish at 12 5 times a fortnight , one of them I only have one lesson with a free first (very lucky )
Yes I’m a June girl (love being born in June - perfect weather , can actually do something nice ) however I am the last ones to age up , but still better than July
Red velvet is the superior flavour , I can’t imagine getting cake in any other flavour. Worst is chocolate , it just taste like cocoa powder to me. However some are pretty good, I’ll still eat it if I’m given it , but I wouldn’t buy it by choice . Speaking of chocolate , what your favourite one? Mine are malteasers - expensive, but worth it. Lately I’ve been loving kinder chocolate - actually affordable lol, and tastes great
Truee , you’ve got a long summer so might as well pass it as soon as you can - good luck ! Tbh I really need to do mine. I was revising for it a while ago but then forgot everything (goldfish memory ) , so I probably need to start that again after exams
You have an underground bedsheet? Very interesting. I never knew they done bedsheets, I though it was only cushions and stuff . I recently got an underground key chain- just saw them , decent deal and thought I’d get it . Ive been wanting something underground related cause why not? For art, I’m doing travel so it’s been a lot of painting places , trains, buses etc so I’m thinking of using those for my ‘underground’ piece to have.
Cars are really useful too, especially for countryside areas. I’m sort of from a village area (bus every 2 hours - ridiculous ) so if you live in the proper village, you can’t get anywhere without a car lol
Cyprus sounds really nice ! Hope you have fun. I’ve never travelled anywhere before but hopefully one day I’ll get to go round some places .
I say go for the road trip. You’ve got the time, probably license and car so why not. Have fun before uni (before everyone’s sleep deprived lol)
Good pc’s are pricey . Ones I’ve seen are like 700 and that’s alot. I feel like I just want to game, not a full on avid gamer but like enough that I can say I play games if that makes sense . What sort of games are you into (or looking to get into) . I’ve never heard of sim city build before , probably like sims ? Sims is basically you create your own life, build houses, make experiences etc . It’s pretty fun once you get the hang of it. It’s a lot of fun designing sims - I think I named mine deshawn and Layla and I made them opposites and see how they lived together (atp they tolerate each other lol)
Loll yours didn’t even work, that’s hilarious . Hope they didn’t charge a ridiculous price for it. In my opinion, I want to say don’t get AirPods (shocking). Reasons for is that they are horrible on call. No one will be able to hear you. I remember when I was on call with someone with them on and I disconnected my AirPods they described it as having your ears unplugged (the sound is awful trust me)
Definitely save money for uni, never know when you’ll need it. I do work part time but I might be taking some time off for exams. I think I’ve been there about a year and a half ? Working is definitely an experience. You get some pretty cool and funny experiences (I’ve had plenty from customers )
Volunteering sounds pretty cool. What did you volunteer as?

Oh no you misread what I said, 15k not 1500 (so almost 4x the amount I was supposed to). My EPQ was about the importance of vaccines as at the time I wanted to do medicine. Overall I got a B which isn't bad but could be better (plus I did not really put much effort into it as I could have), my presentation also wasn't that good (I'm not a very good public speaker lol). Nevertheless the EPQ didn't really benefit me when applying for any universities probably because it was completely unrelated to the course I applied to. Oh well, for the experience ig, I can now say I know how to harvard reference (kinda). Did you do an EPQ?
The kitchen has some pros and cons, ngl. The pros are I can focus better than in my room, plus the windows in my kitchen face the sun in the afternoon so when the sun is shining it is nice (unlike in my bedroom). The cons are when the sun isnt shining the kitchen gets kinda cold, and also the chairs are less comfortable than the one at my desk, but at the same time maybe that will help me not fall asleep? I'm surprised you can study in your living room at all, if I tried that or on my bed I would fall asleep. Also I would probably just end up watching something on Netflix, don't think I'd ever end up singing with my sister though lol. Are you watching any good series atm? Yeah my time management is an issue, I have managed my time management for Biology and Chemistry exams, but not Geography (I don't know why I took an essay-based subject). Yesterday I did a paper and I had about 20 marks of questions left and I don't really know how I can write any faster. I used to try to sketch vehicles as well when I was bored when I was younger, mostly planes and trains, stopped when I realised I was terrible at it lol. I have a really unsteady hand, throughout my whole life I've had handwriting issues, also why I'm a slow writer, if I write fast its illegible but if I write slow I don't finish on time.
June is a cool month to be born, although you are usually one of the youngest in the year which in my experience sucks when you are the last person out of your friends to be able to drive. But I like it because as you said you get good weather on your birthday, also if you celebrate Christmas, its evenly spaced between your birthday and Christmas which I like, compared to people I know who celebrate Christmas and then have their birthday just a few days later. In my case, I was born on the 25th June so exactly 6 months between the two. Red velvet is a cool flavour, I don't mind chocolate either (isnt red velvet a kind of chocolate cake though?) I haven't really thought about what my favourite chocolate is. Maltesers are good though. Honestly, just a plain galaxy chocolate bar hits different for me. Also love kinder, I'll eat pretty much any chocolate bar though (except bounty - I hate coconut).
The village I live in is about a 20 minute drive from a city, it has an alright bus service to the city but my sixth form isnt in the city and is in the other direction which has a poor and practically non-existant bus service. It only runs on school days and only on the way there and way back. Its not uncommon for the bus to just not show up or be extremely late. Plus its always packed and smells really bad. I don't mind public transport when its clean, frequent and on time but if its going to be how it is right now I would do anything to get a car ride to school. Saw some pictures of Cyprus and it looks really nice and sunny, can't wait.
Yeah good PCs are expensive, last PC I got was really expensive and could not even run anything, crashed if I had 2 or 3 tabs of youtube open, completely rip-off. Simcity build it is a mobile game. Have you heard of Cities Skylines? Its basically that but simpler, you basically design a city, and make sure the population are happy by providing services like schools, etc. Speaking of Cities Skylines I kinda want to check that out, saw some vids on it and it looked pretty cool but my PC can't run it right now. Apart from that I haven't really thought of what games I want to play. Recently when I have had the time to play just been playing the few games my pc can run like gmod and sometimes terraria.
The fake airpods cost about £35, I got a full refund for them luckily, so it wasnt a total scam. Too late to tell me not to get real airpods because I already got them lol. They are definitely overpriced, but what apple product isn't. Every iphone is basically the same, but we are all still urged to pay the outrageous price for them. My airpods do the job it needs to do, although I do feel like my airpods are a bit 'leaky' sometimes in the fact that others can hear what you are listening to sometimes.
I volunteered on two different occasions. First time was in my local charity shop for DofE bronze in Y10 (which I never even got thanks to covid), it was a fun experience though, the staff were nice. Although most if it just consisted of putting labels on hundreds of books which was kinda boring. The second time was later on when I volunteered in a local shop with a friend, that was also pretty cool. Although it was volunteering we did get to take home free snacks which was great. Right now I'm not doing any volunteering or working, just trying to focus on exams is hard enough lol. Did you get to do DofE? Honestly wish I could have had the full experience but oh well. I still got some good experience from it even if I never did the expedition.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KammC10
Oh no you misread what I said, 15k not 1500 (so almost 4x the amount I was supposed to). My EPQ was about the importance of vaccines as at the time I wanted to do medicine. Overall I got a B which isn't bad but could be better (plus I did not really put much effort into it as I could have), my presentation also wasn't that good (I'm not a very good public speaker lol). Nevertheless the EPQ didn't really benefit me when applying for any universities probably because it was completely unrelated to the course I applied to. Oh well, for the experience ig, I can now say I know how to harvard reference (kinda). Did you do an EPQ?
The kitchen has some pros and cons, ngl. The pros are I can focus better than in my room, plus the windows in my kitchen face the sun in the afternoon so when the sun is shining it is nice (unlike in my bedroom). The cons are when the sun isnt shining the kitchen gets kinda cold, and also the chairs are less comfortable than the one at my desk, but at the same time maybe that will help me not fall asleep? I'm surprised you can study in your living room at all, if I tried that or on my bed I would fall asleep. Also I would probably just end up watching something on Netflix, don't think I'd ever end up singing with my sister though lol. Are you watching any good series atm? Yeah my time management is an issue, I have managed my time management for Biology and Chemistry exams, but not Geography (I don't know why I took an essay-based subject). Yesterday I did a paper and I had about 20 marks of questions left and I don't really know how I can write any faster. I used to try to sketch vehicles as well when I was bored when I was younger, mostly planes and trains, stopped when I realised I was terrible at it lol. I have a really unsteady hand, throughout my whole life I've had handwriting issues, also why I'm a slow writer, if I write fast its illegible but if I write slow I don't finish on time.
June is a cool month to be born, although you are usually one of the youngest in the year which in my experience sucks when you are the last person out of your friends to be able to drive. But I like it because as you said you get good weather on your birthday, also if you celebrate Christmas, its evenly spaced between your birthday and Christmas which I like, compared to people I know who celebrate Christmas and then have their birthday just a few days later. In my case, I was born on the 25th June so exactly 6 months between the two. Red velvet is a cool flavour, I don't mind chocolate either (isnt red velvet a kind of chocolate cake though?) I haven't really thought about what my favourite chocolate is. Maltesers are good though. Honestly, just a plain galaxy chocolate bar hits different for me. Also love kinder, I'll eat pretty much any chocolate bar though (except bounty - I hate coconut).
The village I live in is about a 20 minute drive from a city, it has an alright bus service to the city but my sixth form isnt in the city and is in the other direction which has a poor and practically non-existant bus service. It only runs on school days and only on the way there and way back. Its not uncommon for the bus to just not show up or be extremely late. Plus its always packed and smells really bad. I don't mind public transport when its clean, frequent and on time but if its going to be how it is right now I would do anything to get a car ride to school. Saw some pictures of Cyprus and it looks really nice and sunny, can't wait.
Yeah good PCs are expensive, last PC I got was really expensive and could not even run anything, crashed if I had 2 or 3 tabs of youtube open, completely rip-off. Simcity build it is a mobile game. Have you heard of Cities Skylines? Its basically that but simpler, you basically design a city, and make sure the population are happy by providing services like schools, etc. Speaking of Cities Skylines I kinda want to check that out, saw some vids on it and it looked pretty cool but my PC can't run it right now. Apart from that I haven't really thought of what games I want to play. Recently when I have had the time to play just been playing the few games my pc can run like gmod and sometimes terraria.
The fake airpods cost about £35, I got a full refund for them luckily, so it wasnt a total scam. Too late to tell me not to get real airpods because I already got them lol. They are definitely overpriced, but what apple product isn't. Every iphone is basically the same, but we are all still urged to pay the outrageous price for them. My airpods do the job it needs to do, although I do feel like my airpods are a bit 'leaky' sometimes in the fact that others can hear what you are listening to sometimes.
I volunteered on two different occasions. First time was in my local charity shop for DofE bronze in Y10 (which I never even got thanks to covid), it was a fun experience though, the staff were nice. Although most if it just consisted of putting labels on hundreds of books which was kinda boring. The second time was later on when I volunteered in a local shop with a friend, that was also pretty cool. Although it was volunteering we did get to take home free snacks which was great. Right now I'm not doing any volunteering or working, just trying to focus on exams is hard enough lol. Did you get to do DofE? Honestly wish I could have had the full experience but oh well. I still got some good experience from it even if I never did the expedition.

Ohhh I get it now . 15k? that is a lot of writing (190% a professional waffle at that point) . Topic sounds interesting, plus a lot to research especially with focus. I’d say for minimal effort a B is pretty decent
So true with public speaking lol. I’m not great at it, but if I have to do it then I will (or try to escape ). I guess it’s probably since I’m a lot more introverted (shocking for the fact I write in paragraphs) but I can be extroverted when I feel like it or with certain people
At least the EPQ was beneficial for pre uni prep - one step ahead from the rest of us who can Harvard reference lol. I didn’t do an EPQ since I done 4 A levels at the time so would have been way to much- plus I found out way too late
At least the sunshine is good from the window - a great pro. I’d say when the sun isn’t out to bring a blanket ( makes everything better ) or to bring the chair from your room (if possible ). Netflix is very very distracting lol -I’m more of a movie person, I find it hard to find good series. I watch anything from action, marvel (not much) , rom coms, cliche movies (I give great commentary on them lol - I bully the heck out of the main character or plot (in a good way lol). Last good movies I’ve watched was sister act, tangled (cause why not lol- loved making commentary on that). Spider-Man was pretty good too- I remember I watched them all in one night (homecoming was the best in my opinion ). Best movie I’ve seen so far is rush hour (top tier). The last series I watched was the office (uk) - love it. Are you watching anything interesting ?
Honestly revising in my living room isn’t easy, I mainly just block out the noise with headphones (or attempt to). Only distraction is tv background which isn’t too bad tbh. Plus it depends what I’m revising as well- works well for business if I’m watching videos (sometimes )

At least is good so far for bio and Chem. essay based subjects are literal torture- it practically melts of your hand. I know some people who only do essay based a levels (I can confirm their hands are crying ). Hopefully you’ll still be able to function afterwards lol
20 marks is quite a bit, but hopefully it didn’t affect the overall mark as much. It’s not easy to write in exams tbh. I get what you mean with the handwriting, I end up scribbling sometimes and I can’t even read what I write lol. Sometimes they let people type it up on laptops but I don’t know if it’s just s thing they let people do in mocks . Hopefully it’ll be ok in the real exam
June is a pretty nice month, plus not many people are brown in June so so feels more like I have a birthday I don’t have to share lol . Great weather (if the uk complies lol) but you do feel a bit left out when everyone’s already driving etc and you’re just left behind waiting to age up lol. That’s a really cool spacing - literally 6 months in between. Mines just under a week before yours. I find that most people I know born in June are all born really close together (literally one of my friends is 2 days apart ) . Maybe it’s just really random ?
Red velvet is essentially just chocolate , but it’s different. Maybe it’s the red colour ? But to me it just doesn’t taste the same - then again I’m biased . I think after red cleaver it’s vanilla but I find it’s quite dry and bland compared to red velvet. Best red velvet is Costco , no debate
Plain galaxy is denser , I would eat it if I had it, but I prefer the cookie crumble one (ultimate flavour). I think I’m a bit picky with chocolate , some I just hate like snickers (don’t like the bits of nut), *hate* chocolate orange (don’t like fruit ). Tbh anything with nuts I don’t like, I just don’t think it goes with chocolate (Ferrero rocher are the exception). 100% agree with bounty , absolutely disgusting. The smell of coconut makes me feel sick
eek, shame about the bus lol. At least you’re not to far out from the city so something to do rather than be in the village . I find I don’t mind my village, it’s pretty peaceful but then again the few people that ruin it( teenagers running across train tracks for fun )
Clean transport is actually at luxury atp - when the Elizabeth line was new it was so nice . Probably why I prefer trains to buses , a bit more reliable but then again strikes
it’s super annoying when buses don’t turn up. There’s been times where in our in the soaking rain waiting for the bus and it doesn’t even turn up
Cyprus will probably be great , especially in summer so have fun lol
never heard of city skylines, but I might take a look- sounds pretty interesting
honestly the most annoying thing is when I want to download a game but there no storage for it - prevented me from getting gta, league of legends etc (hence the need for a new laptop). Never heard of Terria or gmod before, what’s it about ?

Great thing you got a refund, would hurt more if you didn’t. How are you finding AirPods then lol- I’m always scared of my music playing too loud in public . For some reason I just don’t like people knowing what’s on my playlist , maybe it’s just a me thing . Still recommend Sony headphones for aesthetic and less leakage
Free stuff is great lol- I’d take anything if it was free. Hopefully it was decent snacks ?
I done DofE in year 9 or 10? I think (don’t know which year ) . It was pretty good. People sneaking into each others tents, ‘sleepovers’, roasting stuff. I remember I brought hot dogs and cooked them with noodles - practically a rare item since we weren’t aloud to bring uncooked stuff but I didn’t get food poisoning so that’s great lol
I found that the walking wasn’t the issue, but carrying the backpack. That thing is *heavy*. Also alot of getting lost - I remember we left a group member in the fields because the didn’t want to walk through nettles (sounds harsh but was so funny at the time )
One memory I had was there was another school there and they were playing football, and it ended up on our side. Me wanting to be ‘that’ person attempted to kick the football and missed and almost fell over
shame you didn’t get the full experience , it’s definitely . Also something I’d want to do again (minus the backpack ) also sleeping in a tent is pretty cool
Fair with not working volunteering, it can be a lot with exams coming up. I’m taking some time off so hopefully that gets approved , if not I just won’t go lol
Ohhh I get it now . 15k? that is a lot of writing (190% a professional waffle at that point) . Topic sounds interesting, plus a lot to research especially with focus. I’d say for minimal effort a B is pretty decent
So true with public speaking lol. I’m not great at it, but if I have to do it then I will (or try to escape ). I guess it’s probably since I’m a lot more introverted (shocking for the fact I write in paragraphs) but I can be extroverted when I feel like it or with certain people
At least the EPQ was beneficial for pre uni prep - one step ahead from the rest of us who can Harvard reference lol. I didn’t do an EPQ since I done 4 A levels at the time so would have been way to much- plus I found out way too late
At least the sunshine is good from the window - a great pro. I’d say when the sun isn’t out to bring a blanket ( makes everything better ) or to bring the chair from your room (if possible ). Netflix is very very distracting lol -I’m more of a movie person, I find it hard to find good series. I watch anything from action, marvel (not much) , rom coms, cliche movies (I give great commentary on them lol - I bully the heck out of the main character or plot (in a good way lol). Last good movies I’ve watched was sister act, tangled (cause why not lol- loved making commentary on that). Spider-Man was pretty good too- I remember I watched them all in one night (homecoming was the best in my opinion ). Best movie I’ve seen so far is rush hour (top tier). The last series I watched was the office (uk) - love it. Are you watching anything interesting ?
Honestly revising in my living room isn’t easy, I mainly just block out the noise with headphones (or attempt to). Only distraction is tv background which isn’t too bad tbh. Plus it depends what I’m revising as well- works well for business if I’m watching videos (sometimes )

At least is good so far for bio and Chem. essay based subjects are literal torture- it practically melts of your hand. I know some people who only do essay based a levels (I can confirm their hands are crying ). Hopefully you’ll still be able to function afterwards lol
20 marks is quite a bit, but hopefully it didn’t affect the overall mark as much. It’s not easy to write in exams tbh. I get what you mean with the handwriting, I end up scribbling sometimes and I can’t even read what I write lol. Sometimes they let people type it up on laptops but I don’t know if it’s just s thing they let people do in mocks . Hopefully it’ll be ok in the real exam
June is a pretty nice month, plus not many people are brown in June so so feels more like I have a birthday I don’t have to share lol . Great weather (if the uk complies lol) but you do feel a bit left out when everyone’s already driving etc and you’re just left behind waiting to age up lol. That’s a really cool spacing - literally 6 months in between. Mines just under a week before yours. I find that most people I know born in June are all born really close together (literally one of my friends is 2 days apart ) . Maybe it’s just really random ?
Red velvet is essentially just chocolate , but it’s different. Maybe it’s the red colour ? But to me it just doesn’t taste the same - then again I’m biased . I think after red cleaver it’s vanilla but I find it’s quite dry and bland compared to red velvet. Best red velvet is Costco , no debate
Plain galaxy is denser , I would eat it if I had it, but I prefer the cookie crumble one (ultimate flavour). I think I’m a bit picky with chocolate , some I just hate like snickers (don’t like the bits of nut), *hate* chocolate orange (don’t like fruit ). Tbh anything with nuts I don’t like, I just don’t think it goes with chocolate (Ferrero rocher are the exception). 100% agree with bounty , absolutely disgusting. The smell of coconut makes me feel sick
eek, shame about the bus lol. At least you’re not to far out from the city so something to do rather than be in the village . I find I don’t mind my village, it’s pretty peaceful but then again the few people that ruin it( teenagers running across train tracks for fun )
Clean transport is actually at luxury atp - when the Elizabeth line was new it was so nice . Probably why I prefer trains to buses , a bit more reliable but then again strikes
it’s super annoying when buses don’t turn up. There’s been times where in our in the soaking rain waiting for the bus and it doesn’t even turn up
Cyprus will probably be great , especially in summer so have fun lol
never heard of city skylines, but I might take a look- sounds pretty interesting
honestly the most annoying thing is when I want to download a game but there no storage for it - prevented me from getting gta, league of legends etc (hence the need for a new laptop). Never heard of Terria or gmod before, what’s it about ?

Great thing you got a refund, would hurt more if you didn’t. How are you finding AirPods then lol- I’m always scared of my music playing too loud in public . For some reason I just don’t like people knowing what’s on my playlist , maybe it’s just a me thing . Still recommend Sony headphones for aesthetic and less leakage
Free stuff is great lol- I’d take anything if it was free. Hopefully it was decent snacks ?
I done DofE in year 9 or 10? I think (don’t know which year ) . It was pretty good. People sneaking into each others tents, ‘sleepovers’, roasting stuff. I remember I brought hot dogs and cooked them with noodles - practically a rare item since we weren’t aloud to bring uncooked stuff but I didn’t get food poisoning so that’s great lol
I found that the walking wasn’t the issue, but carrying the backpack. That thing is *heavy*. Also alot of getting lost - I remember we left a group member in the fields because the didn’t want to walk through nettles (sounds harsh but was so funny at the time )
One memory I had was there was another school there and they were playing football, and it ended up on our side. Me wanting to be ‘that’ person attempted to kick the football and missed and almost fell over
shame you didn’t get the full experience , it’s definitely . Also something I’d want to do again (minus the backpack ) also sleeping in a tent is pretty cool
Fair with not working volunteering, it can be a lot with exams coming up. I’m taking some time off so hopefully that gets approved , if not I just won’t go lol

I get what you mean with feeling introverted with some people and extroverted with others, I honestly feel the same way. Gotta say you made the right choice not doing an EPQ on top of 4 A-levels, that would be a whole lot of work and pressure on yourself when you don't know if doing an EPQ would even be beneficial. My EPQ sounds interesting but I don't think it was very interesting to read, was once again just a bunch of boring waffle with a bunch of graphs and charts every so often, kinda makes me feel bad for the teachers who have to read a whole bunch of these.
The rooms in my house get very cold since its an old house and gets cold often so bringing a blanket might not be a bad idea at all. I'm more of a series guy than movies, for me I just feel movies just take forever to get to the point (I'm probably just incredibly impatient lol), just finished a series called Better Call Saul which was pretty good. Its cool you can watch videos for revision for business, videos don't seem to work for me as a way of revision for any of my subjects, I just tend to lose focus half way and not remember what was said. I hate essay-based subjects with a passion, hence why I didn't take A-levels like English or History but it also makes me question why I took Geography.
Its strange because June/July is a really common birthday from the people I know, like half my family were born in June, some of my friends as well. In Y9 I remember we did a poll in maths class for some reason about what months our birthdays were in and over half the class said either June or July, its kinda weird.
Red velvet is so much better than chocolate and idk why, dk how its made all I know is it tastes good. Galaxy cookie crumble is awesome, as is pretty much any galaxy chocolate. I'm also not a big fans of nuts either, which is strange because my siblings and my dad think its strange I don't like nuts. I absolutely hate coconut unless I can't taste it like in some curries.
I like my village, its nice, but I would be lying if I said we didn't have antisocial problems here of our own. Teenagers running across the tracks is an issue across the country lol, happens where I am as well. Never been on the Elizabeth line before, if I'm taking the train to University of Southampton though I get an opportunity to go on it then, I've always wanted to check it out. I remember taking the DLR when I was younger in London and that was pretty nice and modern. Public transportation is an issue in rural places like mine, probably because there is like no demand which is sad for those of us who cannot drive yet. I much prefer trains to buses but I never get opportunities to go on trains really. Personally trains are the best form of public transport; trains > planes > buses > boats/ferries.
Once when the bus didn't turn up I had to walk about over a mile in the rain to a different bus line to catch a different bus which was a pain.
gmod is just an abbreviation of "Gary's Mod", both that and terraria are sandbox games (my fav type of games) I like to play with friends sometimes. idrk how to explain them, if you have a steam account you can find them both there, (or theres always google lol).
I legit always panic that my music is playing out loud even though its not, I have to keep checking (I also don't like playing my playlist in public since its weird, I have no set genre I like, my playlist is a total mess, so definitely not just a you thing). My airpods are fine but I've used them so much I have a feeling my battery health has depleted slightly as they don't last as long between charges anymore which is annoying.
The snacks we got from the shop were great, mostly chocolate, crisps and drinks. Damn dofe sounded like fun, when my older brother did it he also complained about the backpack being heavy as well, his group accidentally stumbled on an active shooting range when he did it, don't know how you do that lol. I went to the kinda 'briefing' thing about the expedition and my teachers were very strict about not leaving anyone behind, if they didnt want to walk through the nettles fair enough to leave them behind lol (joke). What did you do for the skill and sport part (I think thats what it was called) for dofe? For me I did programming as my skill, I coded up some escape room kinda game for mine. For my sport section I just went with badminton because I was already going to a badminton club at the time so it seemed like the right choice (and ofc volunteer section was charity shop).
Original post by KammC10
I get what you mean with feeling introverted with some people and extroverted with others, I honestly feel the same way. Gotta say you made the right choice not doing an EPQ on top of 4 A-levels, that would be a whole lot of work and pressure on yourself when you don't know if doing an EPQ would even be beneficial. My EPQ sounds interesting but I don't think it was very interesting to read, was once again just a bunch of boring waffle with a bunch of graphs and charts every so often, kinda makes me feel bad for the teachers who have to read a whole bunch of these.
The rooms in my house get very cold since its an old house and gets cold often so bringing a blanket might not be a bad idea at all. I'm more of a series guy than movies, for me I just feel movies just take forever to get to the point (I'm probably just incredibly impatient lol), just finished a series called Better Call Saul which was pretty good. Its cool you can watch videos for revision for business, videos don't seem to work for me as a way of revision for any of my subjects, I just tend to lose focus half way and not remember what was said. I hate essay-based subjects with a passion, hence why I didn't take A-levels like English or History but it also makes me question why I took Geography.
Its strange because June/July is a really common birthday from the people I know, like half my family were born in June, some of my friends as well. In Y9 I remember we did a poll in maths class for some reason about what months our birthdays were in and over half the class said either June or July, its kinda weird.
Red velvet is so much better than chocolate and idk why, dk how its made all I know is it tastes good. Galaxy cookie crumble is awesome, as is pretty much any galaxy chocolate. I'm also not a big fans of nuts either, which is strange because my siblings and my dad think its strange I don't like nuts. I absolutely hate coconut unless I can't taste it like in some curries.
I like my village, its nice, but I would be lying if I said we didn't have antisocial problems here of our own. Teenagers running across the tracks is an issue across the country lol, happens where I am as well. Never been on the Elizabeth line before, if I'm taking the train to University of Southampton though I get an opportunity to go on it then, I've always wanted to check it out. I remember taking the DLR when I was younger in London and that was pretty nice and modern. Public transportation is an issue in rural places like mine, probably because there is like no demand which is sad for those of us who cannot drive yet. I much prefer trains to buses but I never get opportunities to go on trains really. Personally trains are the best form of public transport; trains > planes > buses > boats/ferries.
Once when the bus didn't turn up I had to walk about over a mile in the rain to a different bus line to catch a different bus which was a pain.
gmod is just an abbreviation of "Gary's Mod", both that and terraria are sandbox games (my fav type of games) I like to play with friends sometimes. idrk how to explain them, if you have a steam account you can find them both there, (or theres always google lol).
I legit always panic that my music is playing out loud even though its not, I have to keep checking (I also don't like playing my playlist in public since its weird, I have no set genre I like, my playlist is a total mess, so definitely not just a you thing). My airpods are fine but I've used them so much I have a feeling my battery health has depleted slightly as they don't last as long between charges anymore which is annoying.
The snacks we got from the shop were great, mostly chocolate, crisps and drinks. Damn dofe sounded like fun, when my older brother did it he also complained about the backpack being heavy as well, his group accidentally stumbled on an active shooting range when he did it, don't know how you do that lol. I went to the kinda 'briefing' thing about the expedition and my teachers were very strict about not leaving anyone behind, if they didnt want to walk through the nettles fair enough to leave them behind lol (joke). What did you do for the skill and sport part (I think thats what it was called) for dofe? For me I did programming as my skill, I coded up some escape room kinda game for mine. For my sport section I just went with badminton because I was already going to a badminton club at the time so it seemed like the right choice (and ofc volunteer section was charity shop).

Very glad i didnt do an EPQ, i dont have the time, plus i didnt find out about it early enough. If i did though, itd probably be about true time. I use the watch alot before, but i dont watch as much anymore - still love it.
I mean 15k is more than alot of waffle lol, i cant imagine being a teacher and having to read that. Hopefully the charts and stuff help broke it down a bit
a blanket is literally key to my revision at home lol. I use it all the time, even in summer cause its comfortable and doesnt let me get burnt when i use my laptop lol. I cant find any good series is the issue. Like i see a few, but i dont really get interested in it that much. Any series to recommend?
I just like the chill vibe of watching movies even though they are long. I watch 3 hour nollywood movies at home (long, drags but if the plots god then its worth it). I think i prefer videos since they practically saved my GCSE'S lol. I done it at a level, seems to still work along with flashcards which is great. I almost took english for a level - we done creative writing at gcse and my teacher said i should take it for a level since i wrote a good story. Little did she know i went on yahoo answers for inspiration lol (again, saved my GCSE). Hopefully the content for geography isnt too bad which would the writing a bit better - although nothing really makes essay subjects better
Its so weird how many people are born in june for you. For me most people art like october - march ish, and then theres the few of us born in june and july lol
red velvet is just superior - no further explanation needed. galaxy crumble is great - ive eaten whole bars in one sittings numerous times but then have to wash it out by drinking a bunch of water lol
ive never heard of coconut in curry before. Does it just not taste as bad with coconut, or it blends well if that makes sense?
elizabeth line is a must. it looks so nice, and the purple maquette is really pretty. swr trains to southampton are great too - super comfortable. Although when i went i was so scared because there were ticket officers going round the train. context - i buy my tickets using a railcard (50%) because im not paying full price, thats crazy. i dont have that railcard or plan to buy it since ill be 18 soon, so it'll just be a waste of money (railcard is 16-17). luckily i never got my ticket checked
i would agree with the list, however it would be trains > planes > boats > buses. I might change it a bit if i ever take a plane, but they look pretty decent. Are buses that bad that it goes in last tier lol?
i cant imagine a mile in the rain, sounds like torture. i would have just ubered home if i could lol
funny experience with uber ( short version) i ended up chasing an under across the street after i thought i saw it when it had just cancelled out trip. knocked on random car window only to get shouted at by a grumpy man. ive never taken an uber since
ive never heard of those games before , but i'll google them. they sound decently interesting so far though
my playlist back then (2018) was an absolute mess. i went from drill to ariana grande, afro beats (crazy). now it has some structure ish lol. Airpods are great for music, trash for calls but then again is apple, when is a product fully good. ive had mine for like 3 years and charged them on my sisters case and i can say the difference was there. I could actually feel like beat of the music. great while it lasted so im getting a new case lol. still want those sony headphones though for backup
dofe was great - really fun experience. How'd they end up in a shooting range loll, they must have been super lost. My group end up with llamas, a herd of sheep i was terrified of (i think one was following me), and walking up the hill of a wheat farm in the middle of nowhere
i actually dont remember the skills i done. i think i put one as helping out in a family friends shop, and the other was basically a military style workout the school made us do. basically circuit training which was something lol
i love badminton though, but i havent played since like year 11. last i remember i was playing a bit too intense and ending up slipping and skidding on the floor just to hit the shuttlecock. im a bit like that with games too lol - i defo have gaming rage lol. what about you?
Very glad i didnt do an EPQ, i dont have the time, plus i didnt find out about it early enough. If i did though, itd probably be about true time. I use the watch alot before, but i dont watch as much anymore - still love it.
I mean 15k is more than alot of waffle lol, i cant imagine being a teacher and having to read that. Hopefully the charts and stuff help broke it down a bit
a blanket is literally key to my revision at home lol. I use it all the time, even in summer cause its comfortable and doesnt let me get burnt when i use my laptop lol. I cant find any good series is the issue. Like i see a few, but i dont really get interested in it that much. Any series to recommend?
I just like the chill vibe of watching movies even though they are long. I watch 3 hour nollywood movies at home (long, drags but if the plots god then its worth it). I think i prefer videos since they practically saved my GCSE'S lol. I done it at a level, seems to still work along with flashcards which is great. I almost took english for a level - we done creative writing at gcse and my teacher said i should take it for a level since i wrote a good story. Little did she know i went on yahoo answers for inspiration lol (again, saved my GCSE). Hopefully the content for geography isnt too bad which would the writing a bit better - although nothing really makes essay subjects better
Its so weird how many people are born in june for you. For me most people art like october - march ish, and then theres the few of us born in june and july lol
red velvet is just superior - no further explanation needed. galaxy crumble is great - ive eaten whole bars in one sittings numerous times but then have to wash it out by drinking a bunch of water lol
ive never heard of coconut in curry before. Does it just not taste as bad with coconut, or it blends well if that makes sense?
elizabeth line is a must. it looks so nice, and the purple maquette is really pretty. swr trains to southampton are great too - super comfortable. Although when i went i was so scared because there were ticket officers going round the train. context - i buy my tickets using a railcard (50%) because im not paying full price, thats crazy. i dont have that railcard or plan to buy it since ill be 18 soon, so it'll just be a waste of money (railcard is 16-17). luckily i never got my ticket checked
i would agree with the list, however it would be trains > planes > boats > buses. I might change it a bit if i ever take a plane, but they look pretty decent. Are buses that bad that it goes in last tier lol?
i cant imagine a mile in the rain, sounds like torture. i would have just ubered home if i could lol
funny experience with uber ( short version) i ended up chasing an under across the street after i thought i saw it when it had just cancelled out trip. knocked on random car window only to get shouted at by a grumpy man. ive never taken an uber since
ive never heard of those games before , but i'll google them. they sound decently interesting so far though
my playlist back then (2018) was an absolute mess. i went from drill to ariana grande, afro beats (crazy). now it has some structure ish lol. Airpods are great for music, trash for calls but then again is apple, when is a product fully good. ive had mine for like 3 years and charged them on my sisters case and i can say the difference was there. I could actually feel like beat of the music. great while it lasted so im getting a new case lol. still want those sony headphones though for backup
dofe was great - really fun experience. How'd they end up in a shooting range loll, they must have been super lost. My group end up with llamas, a herd of sheep i was terrified of (i think one was following me), and walking up the hill of a wheat farm in the middle of nowhere
i actually dont remember the skills i done. i think i put one as helping out in a family friends shop, and the other was basically a military style workout the school made us do. basically circuit training which was something lol
i love badminton though, but i havent played since like year 11. last i remember i was playing a bit too intense and ending up slipping and skidding on the floor just to hit the shuttlecock. im a bit like that with games too lol - i defo have gaming rage lol. what about you?

Honestly I'm looking for new series to watch as well, or at least for the summer, no clue myself. I've heard my friends talk about an amazon series called "The Boys" but idk what its about really. Might just scroll on Netflix sometime and just try new stuff. I'm assuming when you said "Nollywood" you misspelt "Hollywood" right (nollywood is like the Nigerian version I think)? If I watch movies they are pretty much all hollywood, but that doesn't happen often for me. I'm kinda a fan of action movies but idk what to watch, do you have any suggestions?
Videos generally don't work for me for revision except one guy for science gcse on yt called "freesciencelessons" who literally carried me throughout gcse, the only teacher I could find that just gets straight to the point clearly and so it makes sense. Videos worked much better for gcse for me than a-level but honestly I know it sounds boring but I learn far better from just reading a textbook.
Can't say I was anywhere close to taking English for A-level, my worse subject by far and I hated it with a passion. I got 7s or above in all my subjects except English which I got a 5 in, I was genuinely worried at the time I wasn't going to pass as in the mocks I got a 3. The content for geography is cool sometimes but also sometimes can be a bit boring. I like the human side of it, like the relations between countries, urban issues, human rights etc. more than the physical side, although physical does have some cool topics like tectonics. Most boring topic/sub-topic in my opinion is coastlines though, I tried revising that today and fair to say I didn't get much of that done lol.
All galaxy chocolate is amazing basically, I definitely could eat a whole bar in one go easy. Cocount is in quite a few Indian curries such as chicken korma, which I like, but I can't even taste the coconut in korma, didn't even know there was any until I was told. If I can't taste the coconut then I'll eat it, which in the case of korma I can't. Maybe it just blends well? Not really sure
swr trains mean southwestern right? The greater anglian trains near me are nice because they are relatively new models, but the downside is they are outrageously expensive compared to other trainlines. Good thing you didnt get caught lol, a railcard gives you 50% off? Might need that when I go to uni because honestly the trains near me are so expensive that it would be cheaper to fly somewhere else in Europe than for me to just get a train down to London (not a joke).
Have you not been on a plane before? I mean planes themselves and airport experiences most people hate so you aren't missing out there (I'm weird because I actually like the experience, mainly just because I rarely go on planes so it becomes more exciting ig?). Went on an 8h flight with a crying baby once though throughout, absolute torture. I think its a good experience to be able to fly at least once, maybe if you have time over the summer you could like get some friends and fly to a random European city (as some of my mates are thinking of doing), you can do it quite cheaply through budget airlines, like as low as £40 for a round trip I've once seen.
Couldn't uber if I wanted to, my city doesn't support uber, would have had to pay for a high taxi price instead. You running into a grumpy man must have been embarrassing (hilarious though lol). Never taken an uber before though, mostly just been reliant on mostly being picked up by somebody or taking buses my whole life.
I don't even know what genres I like, I honestly can't tell, think it said on my spotify wrapped but I forgot. Never used airpods for calls before, if someone is calling me I just disconnect them (and from what you've been saying that might have been the right choice). I've only had my airpods about a year, relied some bad wired pairs before that. Although having a wired and a wireless pair is a good idea (or at least in my experience). I used to have on/over-ear headphones and air pods, I mainly used airpods when I was out or with my phone but then use the wired headphones with my PC, until the wire on my headphones broke so now I just rely on airpods for both which can be annoying when I have to wait for them to recharge.
idek how they ended up in a shooting range, I think they went off the path for some reason, my brother said someone in the range mistook him for a deer (it was a range for deers I think) and almost shot him, don't know if that was true but that must have been terrifying lol. Trust me, sheep are more harmful than they look when they want to be, my twin brother (oh yeah, forgot to mention I am a twin) was attacked by one when he was younger, still remembers it to this day. I think they get aggressive if you go near their lambs, idk if my brother did that or not. Your school made you do a military style workout for dofe? What did that consist of lol, can't even imagine what that would be like. Badminton is fun when you just play casually, when I play competitively I end up doing the same I won't lie, plus I'm a bit clumsy so that doesn't help with that. What sports do you usually play?
Original post by KammC10
Honestly I'm looking for new series to watch as well, or at least for the summer, no clue myself. I've heard my friends talk about an amazon series called "The Boys" but idk what its about really. Might just scroll on Netflix sometime and just try new stuff. I'm assuming when you said "Nollywood" you misspelt "Hollywood" right (nollywood is like the Nigerian version I think)? If I watch movies they are pretty much all hollywood, but that doesn't happen often for me. I'm kinda a fan of action movies but idk what to watch, do you have any suggestions?
Videos generally don't work for me for revision except one guy for science gcse on yt called "freesciencelessons" who literally carried me throughout gcse, the only teacher I could find that just gets straight to the point clearly and so it makes sense. Videos worked much better for gcse for me than a-level but honestly I know it sounds boring but I learn far better from just reading a textbook.
Can't say I was anywhere close to taking English for A-level, my worse subject by far and I hated it with a passion. I got 7s or above in all my subjects except English which I got a 5 in, I was genuinely worried at the time I wasn't going to pass as in the mocks I got a 3. The content for geography is cool sometimes but also sometimes can be a bit boring. I like the human side of it, like the relations between countries, urban issues, human rights etc. more than the physical side, although physical does have some cool topics like tectonics. Most boring topic/sub-topic in my opinion is coastlines though, I tried revising that today and fair to say I didn't get much of that done lol.
All galaxy chocolate is amazing basically, I definitely could eat a whole bar in one go easy. Cocount is in quite a few Indian curries such as chicken korma, which I like, but I can't even taste the coconut in korma, didn't even know there was any until I was told. If I can't taste the coconut then I'll eat it, which in the case of korma I can't. Maybe it just blends well? Not really sure
swr trains mean southwestern right? The greater anglian trains near me are nice because they are relatively new models, but the downside is they are outrageously expensive compared to other trainlines. Good thing you didnt get caught lol, a railcard gives you 50% off? Might need that when I go to uni because honestly the trains near me are so expensive that it would be cheaper to fly somewhere else in Europe than for me to just get a train down to London (not a joke).
Have you not been on a plane before? I mean planes themselves and airport experiences most people hate so you aren't missing out there (I'm weird because I actually like the experience, mainly just because I rarely go on planes so it becomes more exciting ig?). Went on an 8h flight with a crying baby once though throughout, absolute torture. I think its a good experience to be able to fly at least once, maybe if you have time over the summer you could like get some friends and fly to a random European city (as some of my mates are thinking of doing), you can do it quite cheaply through budget airlines, like as low as £40 for a round trip I've once seen.
Couldn't uber if I wanted to, my city doesn't support uber, would have had to pay for a high taxi price instead. You running into a grumpy man must have been embarrassing (hilarious though lol). Never taken an uber before though, mostly just been reliant on mostly being picked up by somebody or taking buses my whole life.
I don't even know what genres I like, I honestly can't tell, think it said on my spotify wrapped but I forgot. Never used airpods for calls before, if someone is calling me I just disconnect them (and from what you've been saying that might have been the right choice). I've only had my airpods about a year, relied some bad wired pairs before that. Although having a wired and a wireless pair is a good idea (or at least in my experience). I used to have on/over-ear headphones and air pods, I mainly used airpods when I was out or with my phone but then use the wired headphones with my PC, until the wire on my headphones broke so now I just rely on airpods for both which can be annoying when I have to wait for them to recharge.
idek how they ended up in a shooting range, I think they went off the path for some reason, my brother said someone in the range mistook him for a deer (it was a range for deers I think) and almost shot him, don't know if that was true but that must have been terrifying lol. Trust me, sheep are more harmful than they look when they want to be, my twin brother (oh yeah, forgot to mention I am a twin) was attacked by one when he was younger, still remembers it to this day. I think they get aggressive if you go near their lambs, idk if my brother did that or not. Your school made you do a military style workout for dofe? What did that consist of lol, can't even imagine what that would be like. Badminton is fun when you just play casually, when I play competitively I end up doing the same I won't lie, plus I'm a bit clumsy so that doesn't help with that. What sports do you usually play?

Might have a look to see if theres anything good- at the moment I’m just watching true crime and other random stuff
i meant nollywood lol (it is the Nigerian version). Alot of it is pretty good. The best ones are on YouTube
I watch a lot of the Hollywood ones as well- mostly on Netflix. Need to watch one soon, it’s been a while since I’ve watched any
I say start with rush hour , it’s great. There’s three parts to it, each one getting better
I used to watch freesciencelessons as well, literally amazing for physics (I don’t even know how I passed that lol). Surprisingly I done better in biology even though I didn’t revise much for it (7 for bio, 6 for chem and physics )
I mean English isn’t east lol. I was just lucky they let us do essays at home with like a two week/ week deadline so I had a lot of time to edit that
that reminds me of gcse re- got a 3 in my mock then an 8 on results day? Don’t even know how that happened. I also got a 5 in French lol - basically someone said they found the paper online and it just happened to be the paper everyone done well at
loll, if a topic isn’t interesting you wouldn’t want to revise . Is coastlines just about cliffs and oceans ?
id say most galaxy chocolate is good. One I didn’t like was the salted caramel one, it just tasted weird. I haven’t really had much of the other flavours other than cookie crumble. any flavours to recommend ? I remember one time a family friend bought a massive 24 pack of it (full size bars). It didn’t last very long lol
swr is southwestern. Greater Anglos is nice from what I remember. When I used to take them, it was the older models. One thing I found weird was that there wasn’t and barriers at the stations ? You could practically go for free lol.
Railcard is great but you can’t get it once you turn 18 (very sad). Instead I’ll get a student account with Santander which gives me the 16-25 railcard free for 4 years (no need to worry about getting caught on swr)
Europe sounds really nice - I wanted to go on a day trip to France once a levels are over, so would be cool if I could. Where in Europe would you go?
I’ve never been on one before since I haven’t traveled out of uk - would love to take one, but also scared at the same time . Is it true food taste different on a plane?
Uber is good because it’s quick (most times ). Shame you don’t have any Ubers, should definitely take one if you can. I’ve had quite a different experience, I’ve taken trains most of the time, way too many memories . I once dropped my phone in the tracks and started screaming lol , people thought I fell in. Looking back it was so funny at the time. The grumpy man was so embarrassing- my mum still taunts me with it up till now lol
Never use AirPods for calls , ever. It’s a hassle disconnecting but it’s the better choice . Having both wired and wireless is really useful ( I have one for my laptop) and it works pretty good. Hopefully you have the wireless charging case or else that’s just worse lol
I can’t imagine them being mistook for a deer? That’s such a close call from getting shot. I would have been absolutely terrified
the sheep seemed ok when I went, can’t fully remember but I just didn’t want to get attacked lol. I’ll make sure to stay very far away from their lambs lol. Speaking of getting attacked, it reminds me one time when I was walking home with my friends, there was this dog that wasn’t in a leash and started chasing us. I was so scared on getting bit or attacked and made sure to remove every obstacles, or go through them which ended in me knocking over someone’s bin lol. I tolerate dogs, but I haven’t petted any yet- if I had to get a dog it would be a Pomeranian. However I think I’m more a cat person (more so tolerator). I haven’t always liked cats but r I’ve start to like them a bit more (and have petted a few). Are you a cat or dog person?
having a twin must be pretty cool - I always thought of it as just having a photocopy of yourself. What’s it like being a twin ?
Badminton is definitely more a casual thing but I find it hard not to get competitive sometimes . I haven’t played sports in a long long time , but if I had to choose it’d probably be badminton, maybe tennis as well. What about you ?
Original post by KammC10

Didn’t add :

Fair with the coconut - it probably just enhances the flavour maybe ? I’d you can’t taste it then it’s definitely very well blended
I’ve haven’t tried any dishes with coconut, let alone curries with it - hopefully I won’t hate the coconut taste if it isn’t too strong

Might have a look to see if theres anything good- at the moment I’m just watching true crime and other random stuff
i meant nollywood lol (it is the Nigerian version). Alot of it is pretty good. The best ones are on YouTube
I watch a lot of the Hollywood ones as well- mostly on Netflix. Need to watch one soon, it’s been a while since I’ve watched any
I say start with rush hour , it’s great. There’s three parts to it, each one getting better
I used to watch freesciencelessons as well, literally amazing for physics (I don’t even know how I passed that lol). Surprisingly I done better in biology even though I didn’t revise much for it (7 for bio, 6 for chem and physics )
I mean English isn’t east lol. I was just lucky they let us do essays at home with like a two week/ week deadline so I had a lot of time to edit that
that reminds me of gcse re- got a 3 in my mock then an 8 on results day? Don’t even know how that happened. I also got a 5 in French lol - basically someone said they found the paper online and it just happened to be the paper everyone done well at
loll, if a topic isn’t interesting you wouldn’t want to revise . Is coastlines just about cliffs and oceans ?
id say most galaxy chocolate is good. One I didn’t like was the salted caramel one, it just tasted weird. I haven’t really had much of the other flavours other than cookie crumble. any flavours to recommend ? I remember one time a family friend bought a massive 24 pack of it (full size bars). It didn’t last very long lol
swr is southwestern. Greater Anglos is nice from what I remember. When I used to take them, it was the older models. One thing I found weird was that there wasn’t and barriers at the stations ? You could practically go for free lol.
Railcard is great but you can’t get it once you turn 18 (very sad). Instead I’ll get a student account with Santander which gives me the 16-25 railcard free for 4 years (no need to worry about getting caught on swr)
Europe sounds really nice - I wanted to go on a day trip to France once a levels are over, so would be cool if I could. Where in Europe would you go?
I’ve never been on one before since I haven’t traveled out of uk - would love to take one, but also scared at the same time . Is it true food taste different on a plane?
Uber is good because it’s quick (most times ). Shame you don’t have any Ubers, should definitely take one if you can. I’ve had quite a different experience, I’ve taken trains most of the time, way too many memories . I once dropped my phone in the tracks and started screaming lol , people thought I fell in. Looking back it was so funny at the time. The grumpy man was so embarrassing- my mum still taunts me with it up till now lol
Never use AirPods for calls , ever. It’s a hassle disconnecting but it’s the better choice . Having both wired and wireless is really useful ( I have one for my laptop) and it works pretty good. Hopefully you have the wireless charging case or else that’s just worse lol
I can’t imagine them being mistook for a deer? That’s such a close call from getting shot. I would have been absolutely terrified
the sheep seemed ok when I went, can’t fully remember but I just didn’t want to get attacked lol. I’ll make sure to stay very far away from their lambs lol. Speaking of getting attacked, it reminds me one time when I was walking home with my friends, there was this dog that wasn’t in a leash and started chasing us. I was so scared on getting bit or attacked and made sure to remove every obstacles, or go through them which ended in me knocking over someone’s bin lol. I tolerate dogs, but I haven’t petted any yet- if I had to get a dog it would be a Pomeranian. However I think I’m more a cat person (more so tolerator). I haven’t always liked cats but r I’ve start to like them a bit more (and have petted a few). Are you a cat or dog person?
having a twin must be pretty cool - I always thought of it as just having a photocopy of yourself. What’s it like being a twin ?
Badminton is definitely more a casual thing but I find it hard not to get competitive sometimes . I haven’t played sports in a long long time , but if I had to choose it’d probably be badminton, maybe tennis as well. What about you ?

Might have to check out nollywood then lol, I've only ever seen hollywood and bollywood pretty much, is it similar to them or is it quite different? The freesciencelessons guy is awesome, definitely wouldn't have gotten the grades I got for my science GCSEs if it weren't for him. You did GCSE RE? Unlike most schools my school was weird so RE was a compulsory GCSE but it was "short-course RE" (basically half a GCSE), got a 7 in that but I remember literally nothing of what we did from that. I didn't take French, I took Spanish instead and somehow got a 7 even though beforehand I only got a 4 in the mock. Speaking of which, what were your GCSE choices? I took the slightly odd combination of Spanish, Geography, Computer Science and Sociology. Coastlines is basically about the formation of cliffs, beaches, and other coastal landforms and how that along with things like erosion impacts the environmental and socioeconomic welfare of the local people in the area. The processes are boring but the impacts is slightly less dreading to learn. Not a fan of salted caramel either tbh, didnt even know there was a galaxy salted caramel. Also don't really have flavours to recommend, I like chocolate but its quite rare that I eat chocolate unless I'm given it as a gift or something. There are barriers at some stations but its only major towns and cities, if you get off at like a village station or a small town there usually arent any barriers so that is probably why. Yeah you could basically go for free to and from these stops but when I went they sent a ticket inspector like every stop so would be hard to avoid paying for a ticket. Sad that you can't get a railcard past 18, but the santander thing sounds like a neat idea, might save you some money in the long run.
If you want to go to France I would highly recommend spending more than just a day trip there! Also Paris is cool and all but kinda overrated imo, if you could what I would suggest is driving to france via a channel ferry and go on a road trip around the countryside too, the south of France from what I've heard is beautiful, I really want to go someday. I also would quite like to visit Italy, I love Italian food plus the weather there is great.
A lot of people have a fear of planes, its common but there isn't anything to worry about, they are statistically safer than any other form of transit, I think its the thought of being in the air and not in control of the vehicle yourself that makes people nervous. Food does definitely taste different on a plane, iirc your taste buds have a reduced capacity of about 30%? Also I think the pressure differences alter the taste of the food. Overall food tends to taste worse on a plane unfortunately but you only have to endure that for a couple hours and then you are back on ground again (unless you are flying long-haul). How did you end up dropping your phone on the tracks lol, did you manage to get your phone back? I still have my airpods and its case, lately I think I've been wearing my airpods too much because my right ear has started hurting but that might just be unrelated. Unlucky about that dog chasing you, I had a situation like that abroad once but no where as extreme lol, we were being followed by some stray dog in a random town for about 10 minutes, we didnt know if it was rabid or not or if it was gonna bite us, to this day I have no idea what that dog wanted but it eventually left us alone lol.
I've never had a pet dog, only ever a pet cat, so ig I would say I'm more of a cat person? But then again idk if I would have liked a dog better because I've never experienced it. My family is kinda against owning pets, probably too much of a chore to look after. We had a cat for about 8 years because one day my sister just found this stray cat in our garden which kept coming back several days in a row and so we just decided to take them, no idea where the cat came from though. She (the cat) died of cancer last year I think it was, I do miss having a cat but at the same time I don't think the cat liked me lol, always avoided me and just went to my sister instead.
Having a twin brother who is identical to you sounds cool when I tell most people but sometimes it can be a pain. I'm always associated with him no matter what I do, it sucks to not have your own identity and I think most identical twins feel the same, its going to be nice to get some time away from each other when we both go to different unis. Although it is fun sometimes (when we aren't arguing about something), like we can just pretend to be the other for a day, like that one time we switched places and went to each others lessons for an entire day, some of our friends noticed but the teachers didnt lol. Just read that and it makes me sound like I hate him, I don't hate him lol just gets on my nerves sometimes. I love badminton and tennis, used to play football sometimes with my friends but I was never any good at it, in the summer I sometimes go kayaking which is nice. Apart from that I'm not really a sporty guy, I'm not really good at sport so its never really appealed to me.
btw have you owned any pets before?
Original post by KammC10
Might have to check out nollywood then lol, I've only ever seen hollywood and bollywood pretty much, is it similar to them or is it quite different? The freesciencelessons guy is awesome, definitely wouldn't have gotten the grades I got for my science GCSEs if it weren't for him. You did GCSE RE? Unlike most schools my school was weird so RE was a compulsory GCSE but it was "short-course RE" (basically half a GCSE), got a 7 in that but I remember literally nothing of what we did from that. I didn't take French, I took Spanish instead and somehow got a 7 even though beforehand I only got a 4 in the mock. Speaking of which, what were your GCSE choices? I took the slightly odd combination of Spanish, Geography, Computer Science and Sociology. Coastlines is basically about the formation of cliffs, beaches, and other coastal landforms and how that along with things like erosion impacts the environmental and socioeconomic welfare of the local people in the area. The processes are boring but the impacts is slightly less dreading to learn. Not a fan of salted caramel either tbh, didnt even know there was a galaxy salted caramel. Also don't really have flavours to recommend, I like chocolate but its quite rare that I eat chocolate unless I'm given it as a gift or something. There are barriers at some stations but its only major towns and cities, if you get off at like a village station or a small town there usually arent any barriers so that is probably why. Yeah you could basically go for free to and from these stops but when I went they sent a ticket inspector like every stop so would be hard to avoid paying for a ticket. Sad that you can't get a railcard past 18, but the santander thing sounds like a neat idea, might save you some money in the long run.
If you want to go to France I would highly recommend spending more than just a day trip there! Also Paris is cool and all but kinda overrated imo, if you could what I would suggest is driving to france via a channel ferry and go on a road trip around the countryside too, the south of France from what I've heard is beautiful, I really want to go someday. I also would quite like to visit Italy, I love Italian food plus the weather there is great.
A lot of people have a fear of planes, its common but there isn't anything to worry about, they are statistically safer than any other form of transit, I think its the thought of being in the air and not in control of the vehicle yourself that makes people nervous. Food does definitely taste different on a plane, iirc your taste buds have a reduced capacity of about 30%? Also I think the pressure differences alter the taste of the food. Overall food tends to taste worse on a plane unfortunately but you only have to endure that for a couple hours and then you are back on ground again (unless you are flying long-haul). How did you end up dropping your phone on the tracks lol, did you manage to get your phone back? I still have my airpods and its case, lately I think I've been wearing my airpods too much because my right ear has started hurting but that might just be unrelated. Unlucky about that dog chasing you, I had a situation like that abroad once but no where as extreme lol, we were being followed by some stray dog in a random town for about 10 minutes, we didnt know if it was rabid or not or if it was gonna bite us, to this day I have no idea what that dog wanted but it eventually left us alone lol.
I've never had a pet dog, only ever a pet cat, so ig I would say I'm more of a cat person? But then again idk if I would have liked a dog better because I've never experienced it. My family is kinda against owning pets, probably too much of a chore to look after. We had a cat for about 8 years because one day my sister just found this stray cat in our garden which kept coming back several days in a row and so we just decided to take them, no idea where the cat came from though. She (the cat) died of cancer last year I think it was, I do miss having a cat but at the same time I don't think the cat liked me lol, always avoided me and just went to my sister instead.
Having a twin brother who is identical to you sounds cool when I tell most people but sometimes it can be a pain. I'm always associated with him no matter what I do, it sucks to not have your own identity and I think most identical twins feel the same, its going to be nice to get some time away from each other when we both go to different unis. Although it is fun sometimes (when we aren't arguing about something), like we can just pretend to be the other for a day, like that one time we switched places and went to each others lessons for an entire day, some of our friends noticed but the teachers didnt lol. Just read that and it makes me sound like I hate him, I don't hate him lol just gets on my nerves sometimes. I love badminton and tennis, used to play football sometimes with my friends but I was never any good at it, in the summer I sometimes go kayaking which is nice. Apart from that I'm not really a sporty guy, I'm not really good at sport so its never really appealed to me.
btw have you owned any pets before?

Nollywood is pretty good. I mean I’m just to watching since that’s just watch we watch especially on weekends. I’d say start with the Netflix one becuase the YouTube ones are something else lol. It’s similar to Bollywood in a way. I use to watch a lot of Bollywood (mostly the older movies) and they were really good. Have any to recommend?
RE was mandatory in GCSE for me- it wasn’t too bad since I was with people I like. Honestly don’t know I passed 
not bad for Spanish considering your mock grade lol. I took graphics, triple science and food tech -could only take 3. Your subject combo is definitely interesting lol, never heard of one that random before. We didn’t have the ‘cool’ subjects like business, sociology etc so we were always jealous of the schools that could lol 
you don’t each chocolate that much? I literally have so much lol, practically all my snacks are chocolate. I even forgot to bring food today so I brought a pack of chocolate digestives lol
shame about the ticket inspectors though lol, would love to get away with free travel 
I’d love to go France for more than a day but I’m not sure if I could do that - expensive, plus hard to convince people to actually go lol. Road trip sounds pretty nice though and the ferry as well. Ferry seems more like a realistic possibility or Eurostar lol. Atp if I can travel anywhere I’d just go lol 
south of France sounds nice - I might have to Google photos of that . From what I know I think they have these cool boats (maybe that’s Italy ?) but it looks really nice . Italy looks really pretty and the food seems great. I know their pasta is amazing . I tried to make lasagna once for my food tech exam and I have to make the pasta (not as east as it looks- rolling it is a hassle). I used an Italian grandmamas recipe and it tuned into pretty good even though the pasta was crispy somehow lol . The weather seems nice there too since it’s really sunny. Tbh anything is better than uk weather- it’s never sunny here lol. I remember one time it snowed near summer ? What other countries would you want to visit ? 
I’ll keep the food thing in mind if ever go on a plane lol. 
basically I was walking on the platform and someone bumped into me (running ) and I ended up dropping my phone in the tracks lol. I was very dramatic when I happened (screaming ‘no’ lol). I mean it was like year 7/8 so excuses that lol
i did end up getting the phone back - they used a litter picker to get it out, but the phone was ok (I think ?)
it might be the airpods, idk. Sometimes my ear aches when I use it a lot so taking a break may help. I can’t go without my AirPods though when I had them lol so might not be easy 
luckily the dog left lol, definitely not as extreme. Could have wanted food? Safe than sorry though not to pet it 
my family doesn’t want any pets lol. If we did, it’s probably only be me owning it since everyone else is opposed to it. What was it like having the cat ? (Even though it didn’t like you lol) . Sorry about your cat though . If you were to get a dog , which one?
fair with the identity thing, is it more like people see it as one person rather than two separate people? 
may least there’s some freedom in a sense with different unis. I’d see as a good opportunity to have my own room lol . It’s nice to get away from siblings once in a while lol. My sister really knows how to get on my nerves but still love her- looking forward to some space from everyone and having my own space , but I’ll still miss them. I think it’s just an all sibling thing tbh. How many sibling do you have if you don’t mind me asking ? 
the twin switching thing sounds really cool- never heard of it actually happen though lol. Do you do it a lot or just one off ? Kayaking sounds really cool, I’d try it but I can’t swim lol. I love wanted to try jet skiing or water gliding though - I know there might be some in Southampton or nearby so I’m definitely going to do that . 
Not sure if it counts as sport but I’ve wanted to do table tennis . Tried it once and as pretty good 
I’ve never had any pets before, but I’d consider getting a cat. Just about tolerate them enough to want one lol. I wanted to name one mochi cause why not lol. I also wanted to name it sohcahtoa at one point (just as a nickname lol) and actually name it soho. I think one time I was thinking of the name caramel for a ginger cat, or coffee for a calico.Ideally I’d want a black and white one, or grey mixed one , but I don’t really mind 
. If you had any other pets what would you name them ?
Nollywood is pretty good. I mean I’m just to watching since that’s just watch we watch especially on weekends. I’d say start with the Netflix one becuase the YouTube ones are something else lol. It’s similar to Bollywood in a way. I use to watch a lot of Bollywood (mostly the older movies) and they were really good. Have any to recommend?
RE was mandatory in GCSE for me- it wasn’t too bad since I was with people I like. Honestly don’t know I passed 
not bad for Spanish considering your mock grade lol. I took graphics, triple science and food tech -could only take 3. Your subject combo is definitely interesting lol, never heard of one that random before. We didn’t have the ‘cool’ subjects like business, sociology etc so we were always jealous of the schools that could lol 
you don’t each chocolate that much? I literally have so much lol, practically all my snacks are chocolate. I even forgot to bring food today so I brought a pack of chocolate digestives lol
shame about the ticket inspectors though lol, would love to get away with free travel 
I’d love to go France for more than a day but I’m not sure if I could do that - expensive, plus hard to convince people to actually go lol. Road trip sounds pretty nice though and the ferry as well. Ferry seems more like a realistic possibility or Eurostar lol. Atp if I can travel anywhere I’d just go lol 
south of France sounds nice - I might have to Google photos of that . From what I know I think they have these cool boats (maybe that’s Italy ?) but it looks really nice . Italy looks really pretty and the food seems great. I know their pasta is amazing . I tried to make lasagna once for my food tech exam and I have to make the pasta (not as east as it looks- rolling it is a hassle). I used an Italian grandmamas recipe and it tuned into pretty good even though the pasta was crispy somehow lol . The weather seems nice there too since it’s really sunny. Tbh anything is better than uk weather- it’s never sunny here lol. I remember one time it snowed near summer ? What other countries would you want to visit ? 
I’ll keep the food thing in mind if ever go on a plane lol. 
basically I was walking on the platform and someone bumped into me (running ) and I ended up dropping my phone in the tracks lol. I was very dramatic when I happened (screaming ‘no’ lol). I mean it was like year 7/8 so excuses that lol
i did end up getting the phone back - they used a litter picker to get it out, but the phone was ok (I think ?)
it might be the airpods, idk. Sometimes my ear aches when I use it a lot so taking a break may help. I can’t go without my AirPods though when I had them lol so might not be easy 
luckily the dog left lol, definitely not as extreme. Could have wanted food? Safe than sorry though not to pet it 
my family doesn’t want any pets lol. If we did, it’s probably only be me owning it since everyone else is opposed to it. What was it like having the cat ? (Even though it didn’t like you lol) . Sorry about your cat though . If you were to get a dog , which one?
fair with the identity thing, is it more like people see it as one person rather than two separate people? 
may least there’s some freedom in a sense with different unis. I’d see as a good opportunity to have my own room lol . It’s nice to get away from siblings once in a while lol. My sister really knows how to get on my nerves but still love her- looking forward to some space from everyone and having my own space , but I’ll still miss them. I think it’s just an all sibling thing tbh. How many sibling do you have if you don’t mind me asking ? 
the twin switching thing sounds really cool- never heard of it actually happen though lol. Do you do it a lot or just one off ? Kayaking sounds really cool, I’d try it but I can’t swim lol. I love wanted to try jet skiing or water gliding though - I know there might be some in Southampton or nearby so I’m definitely going to do that . 
Not sure if it counts as sport but I’ve wanted to do table tennis . Tried it once and as pretty good 
I’ve never had any pets before, but I’d consider getting a cat. Just about tolerate them enough to want one lol. I wanted to name one mochi cause why not lol. I also wanted to name it sohcahtoa at one point (just as a nickname lol) and actually name it soho. I think one time I was thinking of the name caramel for a ginger cat, or coffee for a calico.Ideally I’d want a black and white one, or grey mixed one , but I don’t really mind 
. If you had any other pets what would you name them ?

Haven't watched many bollywood movies recently, mainly just watched them with my dad a lot when I was younger (hes from pakistan where like india, bollywood is a very popular form of entertainment), never knew what the names were but I just remember some of them seemed cool (and had good soundtracks) so can't really recommend any sorry lol. My experience for RE was that no one really seemed to be engaged in the subject, everyone just messed about, I don't even know how I got a 7 for spanish and re because for both it was complete chaos. I don't remember us having 'graphics' as a gcse choice, whats that about? I did food tech up until Y9 but I was awful at it, I just remember always getting the lowest possible score on anything I cooked and I didn't get along with my food tech teachers too well either, idk why. Honestly sociology wasn't good but wasn't bad, it was kind of forgettable, just got a 7 and didn't go back to the subject. Our class for it was small which was nice and I was also like one of only 3 boys but I still got along with everyone pretty much and so still had fun ig.
I don't really get the opportunity to eat chocolate, which is probably a good thing but I love it when I do. Ferry is definitely the cheapest way of getting to france, don't know what the actual cost is but its usually cheaper than eurostar or flying but eurostar is a much better experience, although I don't have a very clear memory since I was like 5 when I went via eurostar to paris. Went back 4 years ago but took a plane that time. I think both france and italy have some cool harbours, everywhere along the mediterranean seems to. The med coastline is incredible no matter which part you visit, like south of spain, france, italy, warm and beautiful.
I love lasagne (and pretty much anything with beef mince which is strange because apparently when I was younger I hated it), making lasagne already seems hard enough to a terrible cook like me so if its harder than it looks that it must be hard lol. The UK weather is so inconsistent, seems to have every variation (rain, snow, cloudy, windy) except sunny, it was sunny today tbf (or at least where I am) but it was still windy and cold, UK weather is pretty much the only reason I go abroad for holidays because I want to get away from the clouds lol. If I could go anywhere in the world with unlimited money I would pretty much go anywhere, maldives look beautiful, I would love to go there and I would love to explore some more of Asia, because its huge and has so much interesting culture, like Japan. In Europe I've wanted to go to particularly Italy and Germany for a while, how about you (if you could go anywhere in the world)? Good thing you got your phone back, I don't know what I would have done if that was me, would have probably been too embarrassed to do anything lol.
My family doesn't want any pets either but I guess its fair enough because even if I did get a pet now I would just have to find someone else to take care of it when I go to uni. Owning a cat is quite an experience, its very different to owning a dog though. Dogs are very affectionate and care more for their owners but cats just do their own thing and just expect you to clean up after them and feed them lol. Although it is nice to have a cat on your lap to keep you company while you work, but having 3 other siblings I was rarely the one that happened to lol. Plus unlike dogs cats require less work such as walks twice a day and need less human care, but tbf cats do also like to poo and vomit occasionally which we have to clean up (and the occasional dead bird on our door mat). If I got a dog I'm not really sure which one, not too familiar with dog breeds but golden labradors look cute, I had a friend with pugs and they were very affectionate (kept licking me every 5 seconds lol) so maybe them. Basically about the twin thing, if one of us did something we would both be associated with it which is annoying, some people just see us as one person, I just want my own identity tbh. I would be surprised if you didn't miss your family when you go to uni lol, I certainly would miss mine (even if we did fight sometimes). I have an older brother, an older sister, a younger half-brother and a twin brother, so not including my half-brother (complicated story) I am the youngest in my family. How many siblings do you have? I've only ever done the twin switching thing once but it was fun, maybe I should have done it more often when I had the chance. Kayaking is really fun, shame you can't swim, I was never good at swimming myself but luckily I got swimming lessons when I was younger, which I really needed because I was really uncoordinated so couldn't swim well. Pretty sure you can try jet skiing if you don't know how to swim since most places require you to wear a life jacket anyway, but to be safe maybe best to do it in a closed lake and not the ocean though. Never heard of water gliding, is that the thing where you like attach yourself on the back of the boat and ski along the water? Table tennis is a sport, I used to play that every lunchtime with my friends in like Y9/Y10 because my school had a table tennis table, I wasn't the best at it though but its great fun. If theres jetskiing at southampton im definitely signing up, only ever done it once and was some of the most fun I've ever had. LOL sohcahtoa for a cat name???? Too much maths on the brain maybe, kinda funny though, mochi is also a cool name. My cat was named 'Katniss' by my sister, (because cat, kat- or something?), apparently because Katniss is a character in the hunger games series (which I've never read/watched) and my sister loved that, its pretty creative ngl but I don't really get it lol. My cat was a black and white cat, looked kinda like a cow. Haven't thought about what I would name any pets since I haven't ever planned on getting one lol, plus I'm not very creative compared to my siblings so I couldn't really think of any (would just my siblings name it probably). If you are naming yours sohcahtoa I might have to go with BIDMAS...
Also do you call it BIDMAS or BODMAS or PEDMAS because apparently theres some debate over that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by KammC10
Haven't watched many bollywood movies recently, mainly just watched them with my dad a lot when I was younger (hes from pakistan where like india, bollywood is a very popular form of entertainment), never knew what the names were but I just remember some of them seemed cool (and had good soundtracks) so can't really recommend any sorry lol. My experience for RE was that no one really seemed to be engaged in the subject, everyone just messed about, I don't even know how I got a 7 for spanish and re because for both it was complete chaos. I don't remember us having 'graphics' as a gcse choice, whats that about? I did food tech up until Y9 but I was awful at it, I just remember always getting the lowest possible score on anything I cooked and I didn't get along with my food tech teachers too well either, idk why. Honestly sociology wasn't good but wasn't bad, it was kind of forgettable, just got a 7 and didn't go back to the subject. Our class for it was small which was nice and I was also like one of only 3 boys but I still got along with everyone pretty much and so still had fun ig.
I don't really get the opportunity to eat chocolate, which is probably a good thing but I love it when I do. Ferry is definitely the cheapest way of getting to france, don't know what the actual cost is but its usually cheaper than eurostar or flying but eurostar is a much better experience, although I don't have a very clear memory since I was like 5 when I went via eurostar to paris. Went back 4 years ago but took a plane that time. I think both france and italy have some cool harbours, everywhere along the mediterranean seems to. The med coastline is incredible no matter which part you visit, like south of spain, france, italy, warm and beautiful.
I love lasagne (and pretty much anything with beef mince which is strange because apparently when I was younger I hated it), making lasagne already seems hard enough to a terrible cook like me so if its harder than it looks that it must be hard lol. The UK weather is so inconsistent, seems to have every variation (rain, snow, cloudy, windy) except sunny, it was sunny today tbf (or at least where I am) but it was still windy and cold, UK weather is pretty much the only reason I go abroad for holidays because I want to get away from the clouds lol. If I could go anywhere in the world with unlimited money I would pretty much go anywhere, maldives look beautiful, I would love to go there and I would love to explore some more of Asia, because its huge and has so much interesting culture, like Japan. In Europe I've wanted to go to particularly Italy and Germany for a while, how about you (if you could go anywhere in the world)? Good thing you got your phone back, I don't know what I would have done if that was me, would have probably been too embarrassed to do anything lol.
My family doesn't want any pets either but I guess its fair enough because even if I did get a pet now I would just have to find someone else to take care of it when I go to uni. Owning a cat is quite an experience, its very different to owning a dog though. Dogs are very affectionate and care more for their owners but cats just do their own thing and just expect you to clean up after them and feed them lol. Although it is nice to have a cat on your lap to keep you company while you work, but having 3 other siblings I was rarely the one that happened to lol. Plus unlike dogs cats require less work such as walks twice a day and need less human care, but tbf cats do also like to poo and vomit occasionally which we have to clean up (and the occasional dead bird on our door mat). If I got a dog I'm not really sure which one, not too familiar with dog breeds but golden labradors look cute, I had a friend with pugs and they were very affectionate (kept licking me every 5 seconds lol) so maybe them. Basically about the twin thing, if one of us did something we would both be associated with it which is annoying, some people just see us as one person, I just want my own identity tbh. I would be surprised if you didn't miss your family when you go to uni lol, I certainly would miss mine (even if we did fight sometimes). I have an older brother, an older sister, a younger half-brother and a twin brother, so not including my half-brother (complicated story) I am the youngest in my family. How many siblings do you have? I've only ever done the twin switching thing once but it was fun, maybe I should have done it more often when I had the chance. Kayaking is really fun, shame you can't swim, I was never good at swimming myself but luckily I got swimming lessons when I was younger, which I really needed because I was really uncoordinated so couldn't swim well. Pretty sure you can try jet skiing if you don't know how to swim since most places require you to wear a life jacket anyway, but to be safe maybe best to do it in a closed lake and not the ocean though. Never heard of water gliding, is that the thing where you like attach yourself on the back of the boat and ski along the water? Table tennis is a sport, I used to play that every lunchtime with my friends in like Y9/Y10 because my school had a table tennis table, I wasn't the best at it though but its great fun. If theres jetskiing at southampton im definitely signing up, only ever done it once and was some of the most fun I've ever had. LOL sohcahtoa for a cat name???? Too much maths on the brain maybe, kinda funny though, mochi is also a cool name. My cat was named 'Katniss' by my sister, (because cat, kat- or something?), apparently because Katniss is a character in the hunger games series (which I've never read/watched) and my sister loved that, its pretty creative ngl but I don't really get it lol. My cat was a black and white cat, looked kinda like a cow. Haven't thought about what I would name any pets since I haven't ever planned on getting one lol, plus I'm not very creative compared to my siblings so I couldn't really think of any (would just my siblings name it probably). If you are naming yours sohcahtoa I might have to go with BIDMAS...
Also do you call it BIDMAS or BODMAS or PEDMAS because apparently theres some debate over that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From the ones I’ve seen, they had pretty good music. Might have to look for some new ones of Netflix . I remember one I watched had really good music, forgot the name though but I still recognise the film . Might have been kuch kuch hota hai - love that movie
To me I always found that RE and languages were the subjects no one ever take seriously. I would have loved to do Spanish at gcse but never got the choice . Probably because I thought it was easier than French and all the Spanish people actually got to go to Spain,
Graphics is basically art and dt but without the theory side of dt. We had to design logos, posters etc. the last project we done was to make packaging for either and fruit tea or water - mine was ocean jewels. I used to spend a lot of time on that work and used 4 sketchbooks , well technically 5 but I just attached in the extra pages.
My food tech teachers always had something against me about, but I don’t blame them. I used to always bring triple the ingredients since their recommendations were absolutely tiny and not worth cooking. Got told ‘you’re cooking for one person, not a family’ . Still managed to finish in time though lol. I was also that person that brought a whole cupboard of seasoning since they barely gave us any lol. Lasagna isn’t easy to make - I had to redo my bechamel sauce about 3 times in that practical and I couldn’t roll the pasta thin, and everyone was the pasta machine . I’m not the greatest chef, then again not the worst . I know the basics and a bit to help me survive uni
Ferry does seem like the good way to go but I’ve never been on a boat so idk if I’ll get sea sick. Maldives sound really nice, and I agree anything to get away from uk weather. Asia definitely has alot of culture , it looks really interesting especially Japan. So much to do it’s like you can never get bored. If I had to choose anywhere to travel it’s probably be somewhere with a good beach - probably Caribbean. I’d also want to go Italy, France, Greece, Belgium, nigeria etc. apparently Bora Bora is nice too? I’d have to look into places that would be good to go, I don’t have the best geographic knowledge lol
At the time I think I was too upset to be embarrassed lol. I needed with a new phone that was worse than the old one whilst I was waiting to another phone. Learnt my lesson not to drop stuff in the tracks , hasn’t happened again since
Fair with the pet thing, I know my family wouldn’t want to take care of my cat if I had one lol
I always thought cats were pretty chill and don’t require that much. I’ve also seen a partially affectionate side to them (not that much as it depends ). Then again I’ve seen how chaotic they can be - they are crazy sometimes
I’ve always been a bit iffy with dogs based on someone’s experience(not mine) of them getting bit by a dog. Although dogs are cute , expect the small ones (they have something against me )
Dead birds on the doormat? I can’t even imagine that. No way I’d ever want that on my door
I mean at least at uni would have a bit more of an identity since you’re going different places. If the opportunity presents itself, do the twin thing lol
I’d definitely miss them as much as they can annoy me. I’m pretty close with them so home sickness might kick in a bit quicker lol
I’m the oldest , I have a younger sister . It’s not bad but not great as it feels like you have most of the responsibility. What’s it like being the youngest ?
If I could swim I’d do kayaking. I could swim in like year 3 -5 but then I lost the ability . If I could find place that’d let me do jet skiing I’d happily do it, it looks so cool and fun . What’s it like to jet ski?
You were lucky to have table tennis in your school, I never got that. First time I played was at this event in my church and I didn’t completely flop whole playing so thought why not do it again lol. Haven’t played since though so if I ever see a table tennis board I’ll use it
Katniss is a pretty nice band , very unique. Sohcahtoa is the best cat name lol. I just wanted something mathy for fun. People don’t take it seriously when I’ll name my cat that, but I will lol
Mochi was inspired by something I think? Still I’ve the name though. Fair letting siblings name it, they seem to come with good names so far though . Loll how can you call it a cow . I thought the black and white ones were quite cute. Although there’s on black and white cat when I go to the station and it just sits there. For some reason it looks the joker , so that’s the nickname i gave it. Another one that just roams the streets and crosses roads I named ‘she belongs to the streets . Bit harsh but still lol
I call it BIDMAS, never heard of PEDMAS before. What does that even stand for ?
From the ones I’ve seen, they had pretty good music. Might have to look for some new ones of Netflix . I remember one I watched had really good music, forgot the name though but I still recognise the film . Might have been kuch kuch hota hai - love that movie
To me I always found that RE and languages were the subjects no one ever take seriously. I would have loved to do Spanish at gcse but never got the choice . Probably because I thought it was easier than French and all the Spanish people actually got to go to Spain,
Graphics is basically art and dt but without the theory side of dt. We had to design logos, posters etc. the last project we done was to make packaging for either and fruit tea or water - mine was ocean jewels. I used to spend a lot of time on that work and used 4 sketchbooks , well technically 5 but I just attached in the extra pages.
My food tech teachers always had something against me about, but I don’t blame them. I used to always bring triple the ingredients since their recommendations were absolutely tiny and not worth cooking. Got told ‘you’re cooking for one person, not a family’ . Still managed to finish in time though lol. I was also that person that brought a whole cupboard of seasoning since they barely gave us any lol. Lasagna isn’t easy to make - I had to redo my bechamel sauce about 3 times in that practical and I couldn’t roll the pasta thin, and everyone was the pasta machine . I’m not the greatest chef, then again not the worst . I know the basics and a bit to help me survive uni
Ferry does seem like the good way to go but I’ve never been on a boat so idk if I’ll get sea sick. Maldives sound really nice, and I agree anything to get away from uk weather. Asia definitely has alot of culture , it looks really interesting especially Japan. So much to do it’s like you can never get bored. If I had to choose anywhere to travel it’s probably be somewhere with a good beach - probably Caribbean. I’d also want to go Italy, France, Greece, Belgium, nigeria etc. apparently Bora Bora is nice too? I’d have to look into places that would be good to go, I don’t have the best geographic knowledge lol
At the time I think I was too upset to be embarrassed lol. I needed with a new phone that was worse than the old one whilst I was waiting to another phone. Learnt my lesson not to drop stuff in the tracks , hasn’t happened again since
Fair with the pet thing, I know my family wouldn’t want to take care of my cat if I had one lol
I always thought cats were pretty chill and don’t require that much. I’ve also seen a partially affectionate side to them (not that much as it depends ). Then again I’ve seen how chaotic they can be - they are crazy sometimes
I’ve always been a bit iffy with dogs based on someone’s experience(not mine) of them getting bit by a dog. Although dogs are cute , expect the small ones (they have something against me )
Dead birds on the doormat? I can’t even imagine that. No way I’d ever want that on my door
I mean at least at uni would have a bit more of an identity since you’re going different places. If the opportunity presents itself, do the twin thing lol
I’d definitely miss them as much as they can annoy me. I’m pretty close with them so home sickness might kick in a bit quicker lol
I’m the oldest , I have a younger sister . It’s not bad but not great as it feels like you have most of the responsibility. What’s it like being the youngest ?
If I could swim I’d do kayaking. I could swim in like year 3 -5 but then I lost the ability . If I could find place that’d let me do jet skiing I’d happily do it, it looks so cool and fun . What’s it like to jet ski?
You were lucky to have table tennis in your school, I never got that. First time I played was at this event in my church and I didn’t completely flop whole playing so thought why not do it again lol. Haven’t played since though so if I ever see a table tennis board I’ll use it
Katniss is a pretty nice band , very unique. Sohcahtoa is the best cat name lol. I just wanted something mathy for fun. People don’t take it seriously when I’ll name my cat that, but I will lol
Mochi was inspired by something I think? Still I’ve the name though. Fair letting siblings name it, they seem to come with good names so far though . Loll how can you call it a cow . I thought the black and white ones were quite cute. Although there’s on black and white cat when I go to the station and it just sits there. For some reason it looks the joker , so that’s the nickname i gave it. Another one that just roams the streets and crosses roads I named ‘she belongs to the streets . Bit harsh but still lol
I call it BIDMAS, never heard of PEDMAS before. What does that even stand for ?

no one took RE and languages seriously where I went to school, it was chaos, I don't think we even finished the specification in Spanish since our teacher was too busy controlling the class half the time, no idea how I got a 7, must have just been a generous predicted grade lol because I've never been that good at Spanish and I remember literally none of it now. Although if I had the time I might try learning it again, Spanish is a very useful language for a lot of places. I got to choose to do Spanish over French, I'm not actually sure what is harder to learn, I think they are basically the same in difficulty. Can you speak any languages apart from English? Graphics sounds interesting, I think we did have a GCSE course like that at my school but it was called something else. What are Ocean Jewels? If you were able to finish in time with 3x the ingredients you must be a good cook lol because I don't recall anyone in my classes who finished on time with just one set of ingredients, we always went into the next lesson. I hate cooking, from what I can tell you are definitely more prepared for cooking in uni than any of us, I know how to cook about 7 or 8 basic meals of the top of my head which definitely isn't much, theres always supernoodles though but I really do need to learn how to cook more.
Oh yeah I forgot about the caribbean, would love to go one day but I doubt I'll be able to afford it, good beaches are always essential to the best holidays. Good thing you haven't dropped your phone on the track again, if I dropped my phone on the track I would definitely stay as far away from the edge as possible to stop it happening again lol. Cats are pretty chill most of the time but they can be annoying. If you are someone who prefers to stay at home or doesn't have time to take dogs out on walks cats are definitely better but if you have time and enjoy walking dogs are usually better for that, its up to personal preference really. Cats killing birds is common, that situation happened more than once, I think dogs also do it so you can't escape that by choosing a dog, not a big deal for me, I'd just get a bag/tissue/gloves to pick it up with and chuck it in the bush ig (what else would you do with a dead bird lol).
Being the youngest in the family has often meant I'm the last to do something or get something, my older siblings always have priority over me. For example growing up my older siblings always got the front seat in the car whilst I had to go in the back, even more recently when I have much longer legs than they do I have to go in the cramped back because I'm younger lol, it sucks but not much I can do about it, ig the oldest child does also carry the most responsibility though which makes it fair enough, my older sister used to feed me and my brothers when I was younger when my parents went out because at the time she was the only one of us old enough to do so really.
It sucks that you lost your ability to swim, its a really useful skill, if you have some time to kill at any point I would recommend practicing to swim again (starting off in the shallow end ofc), I learnt how to swim in Y2 but I haven't really swam at all recently, I only ever swim in the summer because thats the only opportunity I get to swim pretty much. Both jetskiing and kayaking are really fun. I go kayaking at a lake near me which is fun but I am also hoping at some point I'll get to kayak down a river and go exploring with it (I wonder if there is kayaking at Southampton?). Jetskiing was amazing, if you have ever ridden a motorcycle the controls are kinda similar, but on the water. At first it can be scary because you accelerate really fast over the waves and feel like you are going to fall off, but when you get the hang of it its really fun, if you go fast enough you can get airborne, you can kinda tell why its not exactly the safest of sports lol.
Table tennis is fun, I'm glad my school had a table but I can see why other schools don't bother - the one at my school got vandalised constantly at the paddles were chucked at each other and destroyed, I think just before I finished Y11 they just decided to remove it and not replace it because they couldn't afford to keep doing so. We also got the small table tennis / ping pong balls constantly trapped behind lockers (because the table was in a locker room) but they are only worth like 5p so it wasnt too bad.
lol idk my cat just reminds me of a cow, it was black and white but with black spots, search "cow cat" in google images it kinda looked like some of those. Black and white cats are usually cute when they don't look like cows, (or even when they do, matter of preference ig). Do you see that black and white cat at the train station every time you go? Jokers a good name, so is "she belongs to the streets" lol, I have a cat in my neighbourhood like that as well, every time I walk back from the bus stop there is always this brown cat that likes to sunbathe on the footpath (even when its cloudy so not really sunbathing), and then get up to walk inbetween my legs for some reason, haven't given it a name unlike yours though lol. Got any ideas?
I also call it BIDMAS, well I called it BODMAS in Primary and BIDMAS in secondary, PEDMAS is the thing they do in america I think, it stands for "Parentheses, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction" (its the same thing).
Probably the kindness of Covid during GCSE lol . I always thought Spanish sound nicer and seems really cool to learn. Tbh I probably just wanted to pho on the trips too lol. I can understand Yoruba pretty well but I can’t speak it (apparently I sound French when I do?) . I feel always wanted to learn to speak it but found it hard to, plus I wasn’t really taught it . Alot of Nigerian parents often speak to us in the language but never really teach us how to speak it which is a shame. I’d love to love it over the summer though and hopefully sound less French when I attempt to speak it lol. What about you?
Ocean jewels were the brand name I gave it. I designed it using a diamond and an anchor I think ?it was meant to be a fruit flavoured drink based on tropical islands - might have to look through my old sketchbook tbh
I wish I was a good cook lol - I always rushed a bit in food tech but it came out decently even with more ingredients. I learnt from cool knife skills on YouTube so now I can thinly dice an onion lol. I am in no way prepared for cooking at uni - I’m going to have to ask my mum to do my food shopping and recipes on the first week lol. I don’t do much cooking at home just because I can’t be asked or there’s other stuff in the fridge, so my mum won’t trust my cooking lol (it’s not that terrible ). My go to dish would probably be some rice dish or a re make of something I’ve seen my mum do. Either that or I’ll be eating a lot of kinder bars . Noodles are definitely going to be a staple for me - I use indomie which is amazing. I usually add onion, scotch bonnet, egg etc and it tastes great. Sometimes my mum does it in a stir fry way which is really nice as well (need to learn that). What do you think would be your most cooked dish?
Caribbean would be great to visit, I feel like the islands are worth it , but would definitely be a pricy trip lol. I feel like cats would probably be better for me since I can just leave at home with little maintenance. I think I’ll barely have time to take dogs out on a walk tbh. Picking up dead birds will for sure be an experience lol - I always thought it was just a cat thing, seems I can’t escape then
I can’t imagine being the youngest child , is it like what they say about the forgotten middle child lol. I always thought being the youngest means you get favoured a bit more since your last , or you get away with more stuff lol.
I mean me being the oldest puts more pressure on being more responsible , but then again I am pretty chill with most things so then my mum always talks about how I should be more responsible. I did have to do a bit of the cooking but not much since there was always stuff in the fridge. If you could choose would you rather stay the youngest or be the oldest ?
Honestly I wish I could swim, I’d probably learn it if I had free time. Maybe after a levels since I’ll have more free time. There’s a lot I want to do after a levels lol
You have a lake near you ? Very lucky especially since you can do kayaking with it . There probably is some in Southampton, if not areas near by. There’s definitely got to be some in Isle of Wight (it’s like 2 hours by ferry ?). Plus there’s this hang glide (don’t know what it’s called) on a mountain that looks really cool
Never ridden on a motorcycle either, but it looks cool but scary since there’s not much support on it. It’s sounds really cool though, I’m going to look for opportunities to jet ski - airborne sounds incredibly fun but terrifying . I don’t want to feel like I’m floating mid air on water (especially without knowing how to swim lol)
Lol stuff always gets vandalised especially in schools. Probably not the best idea to have in a locker room unless it was spacious lol. I think there’s one in my sixth form but it’s outside , not sure . Would love to try it again though
Lol I can imagine a cow cat would be funny , but again personal preference on cats ( just googled it and it does look a lot like a cow). I see it most days when I go to the station. I saw it today and it was out in the rain licking from a puddle lol. It looked at me as if I was disturbing it
I literally give every cat a nickname, I find it fun sometimes . There’s a ginger cat that I nickname Christopher just because it looks like one, but I feel like naming it baby Chris lol.
I’ve never seen a brown cat before, only photos I think. I’ll try and think of a nickname for it , but none in mind at the movement lol - maybe tanner ? An innovative one will come soon enough
Of course it’s the Americans lol, always random names for stuff. In my opinion it just sounds fancier the BIDMAS , but it sounds quite nice , but probably confusing when learning it lol. I always called it BIDMAS since that’s what I always learnt
Now I’ve thought of it, spf 50 would be a good nickname for it
Reply 36
Probably the kindness of Covid during GCSE lol . I always thought Spanish sound nicer and seems really cool to learn. Tbh I probably just wanted to pho on the trips too lol. I can understand Yoruba pretty well but I can’t speak it (apparently I sound French when I do?) . I feel always wanted to learn to speak it but found it hard to, plus I wasn’t really taught it . Alot of Nigerian parents often speak to us in the language but never really teach us how to speak it which is a shame. I’d love to love it over the summer though and hopefully sound less French when I attempt to speak it lol. What about you?
Ocean jewels were the brand name I gave it. I designed it using a diamond and an anchor I think ?it was meant to be a fruit flavoured drink based on tropical islands - might have to look through my old sketchbook tbh
I wish I was a good cook lol - I always rushed a bit in food tech but it came out decently even with more ingredients. I learnt from cool knife skills on YouTube so now I can thinly dice an onion lol. I am in no way prepared for cooking at uni - I’m going to have to ask my mum to do my food shopping and recipes on the first week lol. I don’t do much cooking at home just because I can’t be asked or there’s other stuff in the fridge, so my mum won’t trust my cooking lol (it’s not that terrible ). My go to dish would probably be some rice dish or a re make of something I’ve seen my mum do. Either that or I’ll be eating a lot of kinder bars . Noodles are definitely going to be a staple for me - I use indomie which is amazing. I usually add onion, scotch bonnet, egg etc and it tastes great. Sometimes my mum does it in a stir fry way which is really nice as well (need to learn that). What do you think would be your most cooked dish?
Caribbean would be great to visit, I feel like the islands are worth it , but would definitely be a pricy trip lol. I feel like cats would probably be better for me since I can just leave at home with little maintenance. I think I’ll barely have time to take dogs out on a walk tbh. Picking up dead birds will for sure be an experience lol - I always thought it was just a cat thing, seems I can’t escape then
I can’t imagine being the youngest child , is it like what they say about the forgotten middle child lol. I always thought being the youngest means you get favoured a bit more since your last , or you get away with more stuff lol.
I mean me being the oldest puts more pressure on being more responsible , but then again I am pretty chill with most things so then my mum always talks about how I should be more responsible. I did have to do a bit of the cooking but not much since there was always stuff in the fridge. If you could choose would you rather stay the youngest or be the oldest ?
Honestly I wish I could swim, I’d probably learn it if I had free time. Maybe after a levels since I’ll have more free time. There’s a lot I want to do after a levels lol
You have a lake near you ? Very lucky especially since you can do kayaking with it . There probably is some in Southampton, if not areas near by. There’s definitely got to be some in Isle of Wight (it’s like 2 hours by ferry ?). Plus there’s this hang glide (don’t know what it’s called) on a mountain that looks really cool
Never ridden on a motorcycle either, but it looks cool but scary since there’s not much support on it. It’s sounds really cool though, I’m going to look for opportunities to jet ski - airborne sounds incredibly fun but terrifying . I don’t want to feel like I’m floating mid air on water (especially without knowing how to swim lol)
Lol stuff always gets vandalised especially in schools. Probably not the best idea to have in a locker room unless it was spacious lol. I think there’s one in my sixth form but it’s outside , not sure . Would love to try it again though
Lol I can imagine a cow cat would be funny , but again personal preference on cats ( just googled it and it does look a lot like a cow). I see it most days when I go to the station. I saw it today and it was out in the rain licking from a puddle lol. It looked at me as if I was disturbing it
I literally give every cat a nickname, I find it fun sometimes . There’s a ginger cat that I nickname Christopher just because it looks like one, but I feel like naming it baby Chris lol.
I’ve never seen a brown cat before, only photos I think. I’ll try and think of a nickname for it , but none in mind at the movement lol - maybe tanner ? An innovative one will come soon enough
Of course it’s the Americans lol, always random names for stuff. In my opinion it just sounds fancier the BIDMAS , but it sounds quite nice , but probably confusing when learning it lol. I always called it BIDMAS since that’s what I always learnt
Now I’ve thought of it, spf 50 would be a good nickname for it

Original post by KammC10
no one took RE and languages seriously where I went to school, it was chaos, I don't think we even finished the specification in Spanish since our teacher was too busy controlling the class half the time, no idea how I got a 7, must have just been a generous predicted grade lol because I've never been that good at Spanish and I remember literally none of it now. Although if I had the time I might try learning it again, Spanish is a very useful language for a lot of places. I got to choose to do Spanish over French, I'm not actually sure what is harder to learn, I think they are basically the same in difficulty. Can you speak any languages apart from English? Graphics sounds interesting, I think we did have a GCSE course like that at my school but it was called something else. What are Ocean Jewels? If you were able to finish in time with 3x the ingredients you must be a good cook lol because I don't recall anyone in my classes who finished on time with just one set of ingredients, we always went into the next lesson. I hate cooking, from what I can tell you are definitely more prepared for cooking in uni than any of us, I know how to cook about 7 or 8 basic meals of the top of my head which definitely isn't much, theres always supernoodles though but I really do need to learn how to cook more.
Oh yeah I forgot about the caribbean, would love to go one day but I doubt I'll be able to afford it, good beaches are always essential to the best holidays. Good thing you haven't dropped your phone on the track again, if I dropped my phone on the track I would definitely stay as far away from the edge as possible to stop it happening again lol. Cats are pretty chill most of the time but they can be annoying. If you are someone who prefers to stay at home or doesn't have time to take dogs out on walks cats are definitely better but if you have time and enjoy walking dogs are usually better for that, its up to personal preference really. Cats killing birds is common, that situation happened more than once, I think dogs also do it so you can't escape that by choosing a dog, not a big deal for me, I'd just get a bag/tissue/gloves to pick it up with and chuck it in the bush ig (what else would you do with a dead bird lol).
Being the youngest in the family has often meant I'm the last to do something or get something, my older siblings always have priority over me. For example growing up my older siblings always got the front seat in the car whilst I had to go in the back, even more recently when I have much longer legs than they do I have to go in the cramped back because I'm younger lol, it sucks but not much I can do about it, ig the oldest child does also carry the most responsibility though which makes it fair enough, my older sister used to feed me and my brothers when I was younger when my parents went out because at the time she was the only one of us old enough to do so really.
It sucks that you lost your ability to swim, its a really useful skill, if you have some time to kill at any point I would recommend practicing to swim again (starting off in the shallow end ofc), I learnt how to swim in Y2 but I haven't really swam at all recently, I only ever swim in the summer because thats the only opportunity I get to swim pretty much. Both jetskiing and kayaking are really fun. I go kayaking at a lake near me which is fun but I am also hoping at some point I'll get to kayak down a river and go exploring with it (I wonder if there is kayaking at Southampton?). Jetskiing was amazing, if you have ever ridden a motorcycle the controls are kinda similar, but on the water. At first it can be scary because you accelerate really fast over the waves and feel like you are going to fall off, but when you get the hang of it its really fun, if you go fast enough you can get airborne, you can kinda tell why its not exactly the safest of sports lol.
Table tennis is fun, I'm glad my school had a table but I can see why other schools don't bother - the one at my school got vandalised constantly at the paddles were chucked at each other and destroyed, I think just before I finished Y11 they just decided to remove it and not replace it because they couldn't afford to keep doing so. We also got the small table tennis / ping pong balls constantly trapped behind lockers (because the table was in a locker room) but they are only worth like 5p so it wasnt too bad.
lol idk my cat just reminds me of a cow, it was black and white but with black spots, search "cow cat" in google images it kinda looked like some of those. Black and white cats are usually cute when they don't look like cows, (or even when they do, matter of preference ig). Do you see that black and white cat at the train station every time you go? Jokers a good name, so is "she belongs to the streets" lol, I have a cat in my neighbourhood like that as well, every time I walk back from the bus stop there is always this brown cat that likes to sunbathe on the footpath (even when its cloudy so not really sunbathing), and then get up to walk inbetween my legs for some reason, haven't given it a name unlike yours though lol. Got any ideas?
I also call it BIDMAS, well I called it BODMAS in Primary and BIDMAS in secondary, PEDMAS is the thing they do in america I think, it stands for "Parentheses, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction" (its the same thing).

Hi Guys, i started this thread and ill be honest there is a lot of writing so i didnt read it all lol. I have been added to a southampton groupchat on snapchat which may be useful. If you guys want i can add you.
Hi Guys, i started this thread and ill be honest there is a lot of writing so i didnt read it all lol. I have been added to a southampton groupchat on snapchat which may be useful. If you guys want i can add you.

Hi! Sorry for the long writing lol
sure , I don’t mind being added to the group chat - I didn’t even know there was one lol
ill try to pm my Snapchat (idk how tbh lol)

I don’t think I can since it’s anomynous - what’s your Snapchat user so I can add you if you don’t mind sharing ?
Reply 39
Hi! Sorry for the long writing lol
sure , I don’t mind being added to the group chat - I didn’t even know there was one lol
ill try to pm my Snapchat (idk how tbh lol)

I don’t think I can since it’s anomynous - what’s your Snapchat user so I can add you if you don’t mind sharing ?

You guys can just add me - kkilla2020 (dm the username its from a long time ago) just let me know when you do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending