The Student Room Group

Withdraw from second year

Hi, I’ve been thinking for a while to withdraw from my uni course cause I wasn’t enjoining and thought maybe I could do something else for a year and then apply for a different course. The beginning of January I went through a bereavement that impacted my motivation. I didn’t know I could apply for extenuating circumstance to get a longer extension on my assignments. I haven’t submitted work after January. I was wondering what will be the best time for me to withdraw without implications of paying back student finance loans straight away. There’s 3 weeks left for the third semester and if I withdraw I’d have to pay back 75% - 100% of my finance back. Alternatively I was thinking of withdrawing after my May exams when the academic year is over so I can avoid over payments. What’s your best advice :smile:
Original post by Kiranx
Hi, I’ve been thinking for a while to withdraw from my uni course cause I wasn’t enjoining and thought maybe I could do something else for a year and then apply for a different course. The beginning of January I went through a bereavement that impacted my motivation. I didn’t know I could apply for extenuating circumstance to get a longer extension on my assignments. I haven’t submitted work after January. I was wondering what will be the best time for me to withdraw without implications of paying back student finance loans straight away. There’s 3 weeks left for the third semester and if I withdraw I’d have to pay back 75% - 100% of my finance back. Alternatively I was thinking of withdrawing after my May exams when the academic year is over so I can avoid over payments. What’s your best advice :smile:

Hi Kiranx,

If you're withdrawing from your course, we require the university to send us an electronic change of circumstances to confirm this. Once received, we will then work out what you should have been paid for the length of time you attended. If you have been paid too much, this will be classed as an overpayment and be due to be repaid straight away. If you're going back into study this will come off future finance.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending