The Student Room Group

He likes me but still on dating apps

Been dating this guy for around a month now and we spend a lot of time together. We're always talking and get along so well. He's admitting over text that he likes me and that he's keen but hasn't in person, don't know if that really makes a difference?

The thing that's upset me is that he's still actively on dating apps, it's how we met so I can't complain too much just frustrating when he's saying one thing yet doing the other.

I don't think we're really at the stage where I can even pass comment though. Dilemma !!!!

Scroll to see replies

If you want to become exclusive (whether now or in the near future) then approach the conversation from that angle. Don't accuse him of still being on apps, because as long as he is single he is doing nothing wrong.
Are you actually dating? Or do you just like him and he tells you want you want to hear.
Reply 3
All I know is, you better be active on the dating sites, keeping your options open too!!!
Dont be a fool.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by xox416
All I know is, you better be active on the dating sites, keeping your options open too!!!
Dont be a fool.

Modern dating

Absolutely comical that any one thinks theyre going to meet someone loyal on a dating app
Original post by 1582
If you want to become exclusive (whether now or in the near future) then approach the conversation from that angle. Don't accuse him of still being on apps, because as long as he is single he is doing nothing wrong.

How would you do that?
Reply 6
Original post by username001345
Modern dating

Absolutely comical that any one thinks theyre going to meet someone loyal on a dating app

I never would. Never have.
I heard that's where all the people with issues go. It works for some people apparently.
Are you actually dating? Or do you just like him and he tells you want you want to hear.

Honestly he seems more into me than I am into him.
Original post by xox416
Dont be a fool.

I am but not actively looking for anyone, once I'm chatting to someone I like to just chat to one person. May be foolish but hey ho
Modern dating

Well he did tell me he was actually looking for something more serious, but I could just be believing that and he probably doesn't mean it.
Original post by xox416
I never would. Never have.
I heard that's where all the people with issues go. It works for some people apparently.

Tbf it's where I've met all my ex's. The only way to do it nowadays really.
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly he seems more into me than I am into him.

Seems like hes telling you exactly what you want to hear
Seems like hes telling you exactly what you want to hear

Oh dear, what do I do about that?
He's the one that's scheduling to see me multiple times in a week though?
Tbf it's where I've met all my ex's. The only way to do it nowadays really.

It's possible, I've never met anyone online. Through friends or social events.

Well he did tell me he was actually looking for something more serious, but I could just be believing that and he probably doesn't mean it.

How do you know hes still active on there though? Maybe he just has an account like you but not talking to anyone.
(edited 1 year ago)
How would you do that?

Bring up the idea that you have been seeing each other for a while and you'd like to focus on just each other. Define the relationship if you need to (BF/GF).

Also, based on the above, I'm just going to share here I originally met my girlfriend on Tinder. We now live together and are working towards buying our own place. Apps can work.
Original post by xox416
It's possible, I've never met anyone online. Through friends or social events.

How do you know hes still active on there though? Maybe he just has an account like you but not talking to anyone.

Not that I've been stalking or anything butttttt his location's changed so that means he's actively been on it.
Original post by 1582
Bring up the idea that you have been seeing each other for a while and you'd like to focus on just each other. Define the relationship if you need to (BF/GF).

Also, based on the above, I'm just going to share here I originally met my girlfriend on Tinder. We now live together and are working towards buying our own place. Apps can work.

Pleased to hear that for you!

How long was it before you and your gf made it official? Were either of you still on the apps for a bit?
Not that I've been stalking or anything butttttt his location's changed so that means he's actively been on it.

His location changed on what?
Oh dear, what do I do about that?
He's the one that's scheduling to see me multiple times in a week though?

Have you done the deed? If not thats probably why.

Honestly you shouldn't look for serious relationships on dating apps especially if the guy is young
Have you done the deed? If not thats probably why.

Honestly you shouldn't look for serious relationships on dating apps especially if the guy is young

Not yet, he's said no pressure on having sex, only when I feel ready. Seems genuine about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending