The Student Room Group

Changing A-Level Courses

So basically, i am studying biology chemistry and psychology. i really wanted to do criminology however my school didnt take the subject so i was considereing between chemistry and sociology. I am loving psychology and biology and im predicted good grades but im not able to achieve them because of chemistry. im really struggling with the subject getting U's and mabye an E if im lucky. its taking so much of my time and the mocks predict our ucas grades so i really want to drop it. has anyone changed a levels in year 12? anyone who takes sociology, do you think i would be able to do all the sociology content?
when i was in sixth form, when you change an a level subject you had to retake the year, and some people even decided to change a subject at the start of year 13 so it’s definitely possible! and funnily enough i took biology psychology and sociology as my a levels and i didn’t struggle with the sociology content at all, but this was because i preferred essay-based subjects. the content itself is a lot but easily manageable. for me there was a module called crime and deviance which i started in year 13 (aqa exam board) which was really good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest