The Student Room Group

A Level Help --

Hello! I've already chosen my A-Levels. I'm planning on doing Politics and Life and Health Sciences at my current school, and English Literature at another. My A-levels form says that I must a pick a subject out of their three blocks that each have multiple subjects to choose from in them, but I'm interested in nothing from the third block and I really don't want to have to pick one I don't want to do. Could I do my third A level at this other school like I'm planning on doing English lit? Thanks.
Original post by Regen
Hello! I've already chosen my A-Levels. I'm planning on doing Politics and Life and Health Sciences at my current school, and English Literature at another. My A-levels form says that I must a pick a subject out of their three blocks that each have multiple subjects to choose from in them, but I'm interested in nothing from the third block and I really don't want to have to pick one I don't want to do. Could I do my third A level at this other school like I'm planning on doing English lit? Thanks.

Why don't you move school and do all three A levels in one place? It seems odd that your choices are restricted by the school.
Reply 2
Original post by Regen

it's gonna be quite hard having to constantly move between schools, what if the timetables clash
Original post by Regen

You can't do this unless they are federated.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
Why don't you move school and do all three A levels in one place? It seems odd that your choices are restricted by the school.

I would if I could but that financial decision isn't available for my parents as they both don't work. :frown: My main school is part of a shared education programme meaning they collaborate with other schools to help kids see their available A-Level choices near where they live, so it makes up for the lack of choices available at my main school.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by isa04
it's gonna be quite hard having to constantly move between schools, what if the timetables clash

I'll be sure to talk to my current school about it! Would never keep them in the dark. They're part of a shared education type thing meaning they co-operate with a bunch of different schools in the area and though I can't tell you which other school I'm planning on going to also for privacy reasons they will have a personal driver to take me there freely :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Regen

I really appreciate all the quick responses! Thank you so much!
Reply 7
Original post by isa04

This is also what I'm trying to sort out :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Regen
This is also what I'm trying to sort out :smile:

good luck
Original post by Regen

Heya!
I would recommend talking to the teachers of the schools and seeing if it is possible :h: They'll be able to advise you further on this!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest