The Student Room Group

shall i break up with my bf?

We are in a medium distance relationship. When i’m away from him i feel ver disconnected to hi. and i don’t want to talk to him or i find excuses to end the call early. I will make efforts to call him and message him out of respect for our relationship but I don’t think it’s because I want to do it. I don’t even desire to see him for long periods of time because he’s messy and i feel like i need my own space after some time especially because I become tired. When we do make plans to see each other I only get excited on the day to see him and I love spending time with him. It’s our 1 year anniversary on Monday and he has exams coming up soon, and i’ve already met his parents and friends which holds me back from ending it with him now. I want to do so many things with him in the summer but I’m confused as to how I really feel atm.
he is such a lovely person and i’ve communicated to him how i feel and even said how he would try make me feel better about how i feel but i just feel so selfish to not provide him with what he wants
Original post by Anonymous
he is such a lovely person and i’ve communicated to him how i feel and even said how he would try make me feel better about how i feel but i just feel so selfish to not provide him with what he wants

You're not selfish, and I think it shows that from you already communicating with him how he feels. However, it does sound like the relationship itself is not fulfilling you, and that's not a bad thing to realise for yourself. I can understand it must be hard to be trying to process all of this but I do think you need to put yourself first. I think in the long run you are just hurting yourself and him more. Maybe it's good to wait until you can both be together in person and see how you feel. I'm also doing long distance rn and I know communication and feelings can be difficult at times.
You're not selfish, and I think it shows that from you already communicating with him how he feels. However, it does sound like the relationship itself is not fulfilling you, and that's not a bad thing to realise for yourself. I can understand it must be hard to be trying to process all of this but I do think you need to put yourself first. I think in the long run you are just hurting yourself and him more. Maybe it's good to wait until you can both be together in person and see how you feel. I'm also doing long distance rn and I know communication and feelings can be difficult at times.

I feel like i’ll enjoy being with him when I am with him, however it’s just when I leave again i’m afraid i’ll go back to feeling the same way about him. Thank you for your advice x
I feel like i’ll enjoy being with him when I am with him, however it’s just when I leave again i’m afraid i’ll go back to feeling the same way about him. Thank you for your advice x

Best to finish it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending