The Student Room Group

should I approach a boy?

How would a guy react if a girl approches him? Im a girl (17) and have been interested in this boy for a few months now. I'm not friends with him and I havent had any previous interactions with him. I guess I want to know whats the best way to talk to someone for the first time. I would say he is a shy kind of person and it doesnt help that I'm not that out going either but I don't want to regret not talking to him before leaving school. Is it best to do it online or in real life and what do I say? I'm also worried that I've created an imagine of him in my head for the past few months and its just a silly little crush. From my knowledge he's never had a gf before and I've never seen him speaking to a girl. I dont want to be a werido approching him in that way. Am I overthinking this whole situation?

Any sort of ideas or advice would be beneficial!!! Thanks in advance
honestly, we're kind of in the same situation. It depends on his personality though. For me, there's lot of cultural, language and ethnic differences even religion so thats like a very huge gap between us. He's hung around me a few times but i don't plan on telling him how i feel because i am gonna do that on prom day. If you think his reaction is gonna be weird or embarrasing, i'd say don't yet until like a party like prom where you leave the school. Also, guys like girls who don't show much interest in thhem so focus on your gcse's
Original post by favoura-matthew
honestly, we're kind of in the same situation. It depends on his personality though. For me, there's lot of cultural, language and ethnic differences even religion so thats like a very huge gap between us. He's hung around me a few times but i don't plan on telling him how i feel because i am gonna do that on prom day. If you think his reaction is gonna be weird or embarrasing, i'd say don't yet until like a party like prom where you leave the school. Also, guys like girls who don't show much interest in thhem so focus on your gcse's

thank you, that's so true. Do you think despite the differences you're still willing to try? I'm actually in college so Im doing A-levels and there is no prom or leavers party so I always think this is the time to say something.
Original post by Anonymous
How would a guy react if a girl approches him? Im a girl (17) and have been interested in this boy for a few months now. I'm not friends with him and I havent had any previous interactions with him. I guess I want to know whats the best way to talk to someone for the first time. I would say he is a shy kind of person and it doesnt help that I'm not that out going either but I don't want to regret not talking to him before leaving school. Is it best to do it online or in real life and what do I say? I'm also worried that I've created an imagine of him in my head for the past few months and its just a silly little crush. From my knowledge he's never had a gf before and I've never seen him speaking to a girl. I dont want to be a werido approching him in that way. Am I overthinking this whole situation?

I'm a boy. And if it were me, I wouldn't be surprised at all rather than taking it normally. Talking face-to-face would be the best idea. Overthinking won't solve the issue. If you think he's the right guy for you, go for it. Good luck!

You are girl named matthew???
Also, guys like girls who don't show much interest in thhem so focus on your gcse's

that is not true. Why would you be interested in someone who is not interested in you? It makes no sense.
Original post by 300percent
that is not true. Why would you be interested in someone who is not interested in you? It makes no sense.

I agree, if anything if someone is interested in you it makes you like them more. I guess it applies when people play "hard to get"
I was in your exact situation word-for-word except I'm a guy. Ultimately, it didn't work out for whatever reason but at least I don't have the regret of not trying, so just go for it. :smile: In my situation, I did it online as I couldn't find a possible good situation to do it in person and even then, I waited so long for the opportune moment that I had built up some sort of image of them / us in my head. It's not great, but it's not uncommon, so don't fret about it

Oh please quiet guys in this country are bursting with desperation. The odds are massively in your favour, just go talk to him he'll likely be very happy and grateful for the chance to get with a girl. Just keep it simple say something maybe like, 'hey you're in the same year as me aren't you?' He'll reply and you can bounce off that reply with 'so GCSE year, etc' or whatever seems natural. You can then ask if he lives local or whatever comes to mind. Main thing is to open up conversation with whatever topic however mundane to get to know him and build familiarity. Not much will likely be needed as a girl you don't really need to impress like guys do, that makes everything mega easy just so long as you aren't overweight or ugly most guys will accept anything.

interesting, a girl that wants to approach a guy, something that 99 percent of girls will never do, no matter how much they like or are attracted to a guy
Original post by Meheraj
I'm a boy. And if it were me, I wouldn't be surprised at all rather than taking it normally. Talking face-to-face would be the best idea. Overthinking won't solve the issue. If you think he's the right guy for you, go for it. Good luck!

^^^

Ask him to come over to your place and once he does give him the craziest GAWK GAWK 3000 and after that he'll be your husband forever. The End. I am just a bot beep-boop-bop.
No,I'm Favour
My surname is Matthew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending