The Student Room Group

questes english

What quotes can be used for almost anything for Romeo and Juliet, inspector calls, Christmas carol .
Original post by io432
What quotes can be used for almost anything for Romeo and Juliet, inspector calls, Christmas carol .

There all might be relative:
Romeo and Juliet:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." (Act 2, Scene 2)
"Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." (Act 2, Scene 2)
"For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo." (Act 5, Scene 3)
An Inspector Calls:

"We don't live alone. We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other." (Act 1)
"We are all members of one body. The time will soon come when, if men will not learn that lesson, then they will be taught it in fire and blood and anguish." (Act 3)
"The Inspector calls himself Daisy Renton and then Eva Smith, and we hear of a girl who was going to have a child. This is the same girl, isn't it?" (Act 3)
A Christmas Carol:

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." (Stave 1)
"There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor." (Stave 3)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide." (Stave 4)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending