The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Religious Studies 1 (7062/1) 12 Jun & 2 (7062/2A-2E) 19 Jun [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hdskjhkjshkf
Any more predictions for paper 1???

It honestly could be anything
Reply 21
Original post by shahed11111
It honestly could be anything

yep when it comes to RS do not rely on predictions
Original post by TT-tan
yep when it comes to RS do not rely on predictions

True but some things MUST be more likely than others surely?
Reply 23
Original post by hdskjhkjshkf
True but some things MUST be more likely than others surely?

for some subjects yes, but aqa rs has always been unpredictable. like you'd expect questions to cover all topics but the dialogue paper last year both of the ethics questions were Bentham and Kant. If you didn't revise it you'd be down 25 marks. don't cut corners for RS
Reply 24
Since situation ethics came up 3 times on last years paper, what are the chances it won't come up this year?
Reply 25
does anyone know what came up last year I am taught from home so I am unaware
Reply 26
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/religious-studies/as-and-a-level/religious-studies-7062/assessment-resources
There are all the past papers on the AQA website

Translator

Translator

Translator
Reply 27
How much time should we spend on 15 markers and 10 markers? My friend said 28 minutes for 15s and 15 minutes for 10s, is this right?
Reply 28
Original post by vagablue
How much time should we spend on 15 markers and 10 markers? My friend said 28 minutes for 15s and 15 minutes for 10s, is this right?

You get 45 mins in total for both of them, so that's missing 2 mins. But it's broadly right. No need to be perfectly exact but it is important to be reasonably strict.
Reply 29
Original post by elle2535
I hope an ontological argument 15 marker will come up.

Any other predictions? Does anyone happen to know the questions from last year?

last years questions were
Examine how Paley's design argument encourages people to believe in God - 10 marks
'Religious experiences can be verified' Evaluate this claim - 15 marks
Examine both realist and anti-realist understandings of miracles - 10
'The falsification principle shows that religious language is meaningless' Evaluate this claim - 15

Examine the approach to moral decision making taken by situation ethics. You must illustrate your answer with reference to the issue of theft - 10
'Situation ethics cannot justify the use of animals in blood sports' Evaluate this claim - 15
Examine the approaches of libertarianism and hard determinism to free will - 10
'Virtue ethics is not a good way of making moral decisions' Evaluate this claim - 15
Reply 30
How many ideas about conscience do you guys think we should know? I've revised 4: 2 secular and 2 non-secular. I've revised Aquinas' approach + Fletcher's approach and Freud's approach + Durkheim's approach.
Reply 31
How many ideas about conscience do you guys think we should know? I've revised 4: 2 secular and 2 non-secular. I've revised Aquinas' approach + Fletcher's approach and Freud's approach + Durkheim's approach.

That's fine, so long as you can explain the difference between them all, even the ones one the 'same side'.
Reply 32
"Examine different views on the body-soul relationship" seems like it would be a tough question if it came up because nothing like that has been on the exam before but, according to the specs, they could ask it. Would you go about answering it? with 2 different ideas or 3? I think i've been limited to a B occasionally for only having 2 different ideas for these types of questions.
Reply 33
"Examine different views on the body-soul relationship" seems like it would be a tough question if it came up because nothing like that has been on the exam before but, according to the specs, they could ask it. Would you go about answering it? with 2 different ideas or 3? I think i've been limited to a B occasionally for only having 2 different ideas for these types of questions.

You could mention Descartes, Plato or Dawkins (they are the only ones I can think of)
Reply 34
good luck everyone for tomorrow!!
Reply 35
goodluck for tommorow!! (or this morning rather) gnn!! whoever is seeing this now this is your reminder to get atleast a bit of sleep!!
my teachers told me to spend time on self, death and afterlife, arguments for the existence of God, nd Bentham and Kant all for none of them to show in the exam:smile:. its aight tho
Reply 37
Original post by temifanimokun
my teachers told me to spend time on self, death and afterlife, arguments for the existence of God, nd Bentham and Kant all for none of them to show in the exam:smile:. its aight tho

Omd same, the amount of time I spent on all that only for none of them to come up 😭
Reply 38
they have never had an exam so specific like that. the way they barely touched on reasons for the existence of god and had no question on life after death. why is aqa so mean this year? I understand that they want to go back to how exams were before covid but they are making the questions even harder than they used to be. The actual exam was not bad but I do not like how they are using our year to fix things
Reply 39
Original post by cheeee
they have never had an exam so specific like that. the way they barely touched on reasons for the existence of god and had no question on life after death. why is aqa so mean this year? I understand that they want to go back to how exams were before covid but they are making the questions even harder than they used to be. The actual exam was not bad but I do not like how they are using our year to fix things

I thought exam papers are written like 4 years in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending