The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Religious Studies 1 (7062/1) 12 Jun & 2 (7062/2A-2E) 19 Jun [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TT-tan
I thought exam papers are written like 4 years in advance

maybe normally (i dont know) but there would've been an exception for last year because they had reduced content so it can't have been written in advance. This was the first normal exam in a while
Reply 41
Translator

i forgot the questions already does anyone remember?

Translator

Translator
Reply 42
How did everyone find it? I accidentally wrote about process hicks process theodicy for question 1 instead of griffins process theology. Because the question said process theodicy and I got the two confused. I can’t believe it so dumb
do you mean soul making theodicy?

Original post by Shshs77
How did everyone find it? I accidentally wrote about process hicks process theodicy for question 1 instead of griffins process theology. Because the question said process theodicy and I got the two confused. I can’t believe it so dumb
i didnt manage to write more than two arguments for each 15 marker and normally i do three lol and 15 marks on swinburne was tricky for me
Reply 45
I nearly started writing about hicks view on evil and suffereing for the eschatatlogical questions🤣
Reply 46
Original post by Shshs77

I thought it was alright. You'll probably still get some credit for just generally talking about the problem of evil and stuff and using the terminology etc
Reply 47
What did everyone think of the exam?

Q1 -I found the questions of process theologians influence the responses to evil and sufferings quite confusing. Like I know process theology and I know responses to evil and suffering, but how to connect the two? No idea

Q2 - the question on swinburne to be so random. It was oddly specific but I think it went all right. What did everyone write for this one ?

Q3 -

Q4 - I quite liked this one, the vagueness allowed for a lot of discussion. I mentioned Hume and wiles criticisms of miracles, as well as discrediting them.

Q5 - okay I loved this one, I am always for a bit of virtue ethics, didn't love the abortion aspect thought. I didn't realise that aristotle was against abortion.

Q6 - Ah, this one was hard. How do you even start with situation ethics and designer babies. I mean sure APAPE thats good, but future implications of designer babies.

Q7 - For this one, I tried mentioning hume's liberities and how he explains compatablism, I also tired mentioning the parable of complete freedom

Q8 - This one on conscience was good, it had a lot of talking points
Reply 48
Original post by 0violet

Q1 -I found the questions of process theologians influence the responses to evil and sufferings quite confusing. Like I know process theology and I know responses to evil and suffering, but how to connect the two? No idea

Q2 - the question on swinburne to be so random. It was oddly specific but I think it went all right. What did everyone write for this one ?

Q3 -

Q4 - I quite liked this one, the vagueness allowed for a lot of discussion. I mentioned Hume and wiles criticisms of miracles, as well as discrediting them.

Q5 - okay I loved this one, I am always for a bit of virtue ethics, didn't love the abortion aspect thought. I didn't realise that aristotle was against abortion.

Q6 - Ah, this one was hard. How do you even start with situation ethics and designer babies. I mean sure APAPE thats good, but future implications of designer babies.

Q7 - For this one, I tried mentioning hume's liberities and how he explains compatablism, I also tired mentioning the parable of complete freedom

aristotle was against abortion?? , but i swear aristotle said abortion should take place if there was too many children already
Reply 49
Original post by TT-tan
aristotle was against abortion?? , but i swear aristotle said abortion should take place if there was too many children already

Oh well, I don't actually know what he personally believed but i took the virtue ethics of cardinal virtues and functions argument and went back and forth between it stops the flourishing of the baby but also the mother if she dies. And how much virtue is required for each individual circumstance. Like teenage rape victim feels hatred for potential baby and won't require much fortitude and a mother of 5 would require more fortitude if she has to have an aboriton for the sake of her other children
Reply 50

Q3 -

Reply 51
hi guys I just got told that the virtue ethics question in paper 1 RS AQA on 12th June 2023 was supposed to be with reference to abortion...and I missed that and did not reference abortion at all. Do you think I will still get some marks or will I not get any for not referencing abortion?

I can't believe I missed that part of the question I am STRESSED lol!!!
Reply 52
I came out of the exam feeling decent about it and everyone was saying they found it hard, so I think I’ve failed 😭😂
Reply 53
for the virtue ethics question I didnt see the bit that said you had to talk about abortion and i didnt talk about it at all so will i literally get 0 marks for that question 💀 at least its only a 10 marker
Reply 54
Original post by heater0n
hi guys I just got told that the virtue ethics question in paper 1 RS AQA on 12th June 2023 was supposed to be with reference to abortion...and I missed that and did not reference abortion at all. Do you think I will still get some marks or will I not get any for not referencing abortion?

I can't believe I missed that part of the question I am STRESSED lol!!!

I'm not 100% sure so dont quote me on it but I cant feasilby see why you wouldn't get any marks, as long as you explained the key components of virtue ethics like the golden mean and eudaimonia,etc you probably will get some marks
Reply 55
Original post by Dumbpit123
I'm not 100% sure so dont quote me on it but I cant feasilby see why you wouldn't get any marks, as long as you explained the key components of virtue ethics like the golden mean and eudaimonia,etc you probably will get some marks

i hope so I literally don't know how I missed it saying that 😭😭 hopefully I've done alright on all the other questions so it won't be too bad
Reply 56
how did you guys find the swinburne question? i only ended up doing two paragraphs (one for each principle) and then a conclusion
they were fairly long but honestly i was just waffling i don’t think i’m going to do very well on it
Original post by bao__zz
how did you guys find the swinburne question? i only ended up doing two paragraphs (one for each principle) and then a conclusion
they were fairly long but honestly i was just waffling i don’t think i’m going to do very well on it

Wasn't a fan either completely forgot any direct quotes from him so said dumb shi like the senses don't generally deceive us for credulity - think I brought in Hume and some of his antirealist stuff about proof, I forget might have been miracles q
Reply 58
did anyone write about hume's liberties well?
Reply 59
Does anyone know what came up on paper 2 last year for Christianity ?
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending