The Student Room Group

Help in a long distance relationship

so I find myself in a long distance relationship. we have been together for a month and have met once. we FaceTime everyday and he has introduced me to his online friends and helped me take an interest in his hobbies (mainly his Minecraft server). he is very kind, supportive and interested in me, but I still feel a lot of anxiety about the relationship.

he has ADHD so he struggles a lot with his attention and multitasking. he does make an effort to message me whenever he can but when he is on the computer he tends to forget about the outside world so it becomes quite difficult to talk to him unless we are on ft or I join a group call with him on discord. long distance relationships are a lot harder than I originally thought, being apart and finding time to see each other is a pain and can be very stressful. I am going to see him soon so I'm hoping while I'm there that I can sort out some long-term plans on how often we will see each other.
does anyone have any advice on how I can reduce my levels of anxiety about the relationship?
Original post by Anonymous
so I find myself in a long distance relationship. we have been together for a month and have met once. we FaceTime everyday and he has introduced me to his online friends and helped me take an interest in his hobbies (mainly his Minecraft server). he is very kind, supportive and interested in me, but I still feel a lot of anxiety about the relationship.

he has ADHD so he struggles a lot with his attention and multitasking. he does make an effort to message me whenever he can but when he is on the computer he tends to forget about the outside world so it becomes quite difficult to talk to him unless we are on ft or I join a group call with him on discord. long distance relationships are a lot harder than I originally thought, being apart and finding time to see each other is a pain and can be very stressful. I am going to see him soon so I'm hoping while I'm there that I can sort out some long-term plans on how often we will see each other.
does anyone have any advice on how I can reduce my levels of anxiety about the relationship?

I totally understand. My boyfriend and I are long-distance which I know is hard. Try to have a conversation about your feeling with him. Happy you are getting to see him soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending