The Student Room Group

long distance until uni?

guys i am ******** myself.
today me and my long distance boyfriend of 15 months were talking about uni's
im in year 12 and he's in year 11. anyways he lives near liverpool and i live in london. we were talking about where we want to apply and is it bad if im a bit upset if he chooses to go to a uni thats not in london? he said like 3 choices that aren't in london. i shouldn't be upset or worried right? because i know that he should go where the best course is etc etc but how am i meant to cope in over over 4 years of long distance that then becomes 7 YEARS?! god help me. HOW.
lol anyways. is this too much??
Original post by Anonymous
i know that he should go where the best course is etc etc

This.

Also, if he's in year 11, he's about 1.5 years away from completing his UCAS form. He could very well attend the open days of some of the universities he's thinking about and decide he doesn't like them.

I assume you've discounted the option of you applying for unis near where he wants to be?
you're right. i just don't know what to do on my end of things. its stressing me the hell out
The thing is you don't have to be near each other or in extraneous circumstances even be together. I'm sure you'd meet someone new at uni
Reply 4
Why are you putting it on him to move and you aren't choosing unis near Liverpool?

How often do you meet up at the moment? A lot could change in the coming months and you should both decide on what's best for your education and future career. If the relationship is meant to last, it will, if you both put the effort in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending