The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kcl accomodation-orchard lisle and iris brook-2023

Hello guys,
I have booked orchard lisle for the 2023-24 intake. Therefore, I felt like connecting to people who are also going for the same residence.

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Are you an undergraduate or postgraduate?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Are you an undergraduate or postgraduate?

I am a postgraduate!!
what about you?
BTW I have booked a room at the 5th floor
Original post by Mahakaal
Hello guys,
I have booked orchard lisle for the 2023-24 intake. Therefore, I felt like connecting to people who are also going for the same residence.

hi same here!
I am a postgraduate!!
what about you?
BTW I have booked a room at the 5th floor

I am an undergraduate, still deciding which residence to apply for!
I'm an undergraduate as well, which campus are your classes mostly at? mine are mostly on Strand so I wanted to book Stamford Street but all the rooms are booked already, so I chose Orchid, still haven't made a firm choice in case a room becomes available.
Hello guys,

Original post by sshdaifat
hi same here!

Hi! Can anyone give me insight into the process? I'll be applying for 2024 input (studying an MSc), but just want to make myself aware of what the accommodation is like, and how applying for it is?

Did you have to book a room to have with that was available, or did you need to list preferences for that..? I definitely should book a tour around the place..
Reply 7
Original post by TooWeirdToLive
Hi! Can anyone give me insight into the process? I'll be applying for 2024 input (studying an MSc), but just want to make myself aware of what the accommodation is like, and how applying for it is?

Did you have to book a room to have with that was available, or did you need to list preferences for that..? I definitely should book a tour around the place..

Sure! There is basically a portal where you sign in and it tells you all the available rooms, you can only choose one, and i think you have two days to pay the first deposit. Also, you can change your room one time only. I dont know about next year, but this year rooms are coming out in batches, so if its the same next year, dont worry not all the rooms are taken. Also, a tip, watch out for the kcl accommodation page since thats where they put out the link to the portal, and the date of the start for booking. This year they did not send any emails, so no one really knew that booking has started.
Reply 8
Hello guys,

Hi! I'm also a postgraduate who's going to stay at Orchard Lisle starting this month :smile:
Hey all, I’m a second year studying pharmacology and on floor 4 :smile:
Reply 10
Does anyone know if there’s a group chat for orchid lisle ?
How do we know if we are in a 2 or 4 bed flat ?
How do we know if we are in a 2 or 4 bed flat ?

I can put a link to a floor plan. But most are 4 beds.
I can put a link to a floor plan. But most are 4 beds.

Yes please!
I have booked orchard lisle as well as an undergraduate student, trying to find my flatmate but totally forgot which floor did I book. I can only find my bed space from the email they have sent and have no idea where can I find the floor that I stay can someone please help xx
I have booked orchard lisle as well as an undergraduate student, trying to find my flatmate but totally forgot which floor did I book. I can only find my bed space from the email they have sent and have no idea where can I find the floor that I stay can someone please help xx

How are you finding flatmates ? Also i thought that the first number usually signals to the floor you’re on but i may be wrong

Hey I lived here last year and managed to get this year too. Ur booking starts with either OL or IB meaning ur in either orchard Lisle or iris brook ( they’re separate). The first letter of your booking, for example, 420, shows the floor so ur on floor 4 for example. Hope that helps :smile:
Attachment not found

Here’s the floor plan an international student made. It’s pretty accurate but keep in mind this is the 5th floor. There’s less than 300 ppl living here so it’s a nice and small accom :smile:
Attachment not found

Here’s the floor plan an international student made. It’s pretty accurate but keep in mind this is the 5th floor. There’s less than 300 ppl living here so it’s a nice and small accom :smile:

For some weird reason it says attachment not found :frown:
Ok here’s the link but it’s not in English since its from a blog made for international students planning to study at kcl. Just scroll down a bit and put the translate thing in and it should work :smile: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/147119838

Quick Reply

Latest