The Student Room Group

Personal Statement in UCAS Extra

When applying through UCAS Extra do you have the option to redo your personal statement?
Original post by samc985
When applying through UCAS Extra do you have the option to redo your personal statement?

You can't change the personal statement you provided to UCAS. However, some universities allow you to provide a secondary personal statement to them directly. So you may want to avail yourself of that option, if it exists.

From this UCAS Extra FAQ page:

"I’m applying for a different subject, can I change my personal statement?

You can’t change your personal statement, so if you’re applying for a course that’s different from your initial choices, it’s a good idea to contact the university or college. Explain to them you’ve changed your mind and offer to send them a revised personal statement."
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You can't change the personal statement you provided to UCAS. However, some universities allow you to provide a secondary personal statement to them directly. So you may want to avail yourself of that option, if it exists.

From this UCAS Extra FAQ page:

"I’m applying for a different subject, can I change my personal statement?

You can’t change your personal statement, so if you’re applying for a course that’s different from your initial choices, it’s a good idea to contact the university or college. Explain to them you’ve changed your mind and offer to send them a revised personal statement."

Thank you, I’ve literally just read the same thing on the UCAS website. Was struggling to find answers earlier on which is why I asked the question here. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending