The Student Room Group

Ineligible for tuition fees + maintenance loan

I have dependant leave to remain status and my Dad has Britsh passport and so is british but I was born and lived in Nigeria. I've lived in the UK for over 3 years now and I applied for the tution feees + maintenance loans but I was told I'm not eligible for that.

I've then applied for the EU forms from the links they sent in their email to tell me I'm not eligible for the loan. I've yet to receive a reply or any email from them and it's not showing on my account online as well but I could see that they've received my application through post after I tracked it.

Should I contact sfe or wait for a few more weeks for them to get back to me?
Original post by Adeyemo17
I have dependant leave to remain status and my Dad has Britsh passport and so is british but I was born and lived in Nigeria. I've lived in the UK for over 3 years now and I applied for the tution feees + maintenance loans but I was told I'm not eligible for that.

I've then applied for the EU forms from the links they sent in their email to tell me I'm not eligible for the loan. I've yet to receive a reply or any email from them and it's not showing on my account online as well but I could see that they've received my application through post after I tracked it.

Should I contact sfe or wait for a few more weeks for them to get back to me?

Hi there, what date did you submit the form? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what date did you submit the form? Thanks, Karen

Two weeks ago.. it was just weird that I was able to view the previous application that I was ineligible for but can’t view this one
Two weeks ago.. it was just weird that I was able to view the previous application that I was ineligible for but can’t view this one

Hi Adeyemo,

Our current timescales for data entering the applications are approximately 9 working days, which would be around 2 weeks, however there have been bank holidays therefore, it would be slightly over that. It would be best to allow a day or so and if you don't hear anything, you can call us for an update.

(+44) (0) 141 243 3570

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Adeyemo,

Our current timescales for data entering the applications are approximately 9 working days, which would be around 2 weeks, however there have been bank holidays therefore, it would be slightly over that. It would be best to allow a day or so and if you don't hear anything, you can call us for an update.

(+44) (0) 141 243 3570

Thanks, Clare

Thanks Clare! I'll check later this week and will call if I haven't heard anything back from you.
Thanks Clare! I'll check later this week and will call if I haven't heard anything back from you.

That's great, Adeyemo, thanks - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Thanks Graeme, I can see my application pop up online now.

It's just weird that I'm being asked to send my passport details again as proof of date of birth and identity but I sent it with my application and it was sent back to me now. I'm going to send it tomorrow but I hope all is ok

Thanks
Thanks Graeme, I can see my application pop up online now.

It's just weird that I'm being asked to send my passport details again as proof of date of birth and identity but I sent it with my application and it was sent back to me now. I'm going to send it tomorrow but I hope all is ok

Thanks

Hi there, if the team have requested additional evidence from you I would advise to send this as soon as possible for the team to review. Once your application has been fully reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending