The Student Room Group

How much revision in Easter Holidays

I just started to revise for my gcses, since the start of the holidays so since the start of April however I feel like I'm going at a really slow pace. I revise for hours and I only cover a topic or two per subject a day. Keep in mind I only do one or two subjects per day depending on how I feel. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I can cover everything before May,please help if you have any advice/suggestions. Thanks :smile:
Original post by yak8
I just started to revise for my gcses, since the start of the holidays so since the start of April however I feel like I'm going at a really slow pace. I revise for hours and I only cover a topic or two per subject a day. Keep in mind I only do one or two subjects per day depending on how I feel. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I can cover everything before May,please help if you have any advice/suggestions. Thanks :smile:

A couple hours a day shouldl be fine, as long as you can cover everything. Maybe a few hours or 5 hours but that may be getting excessive...
Original post by yak8

Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and got all 8s/9s and revision always made me stressed because I'd panic about how much more I'd need to do.
however, during exam leave (like between your individual exams) you have ages- like you have 1 exam a day so can easily cram the night before (which is pretty effective).
The best tip I was given when revising in holidays/weekends was to wake up at like 8:30 do like 2 hours until 10:30 then do work between 12 and 2. That's 4 solid hours and it's good to get your brain working during the times you'll actually sit the exams and then you have the rest of the day free!

Let me know if you need any revision techniques for specific subjects (I did maths, English lit and lang, triple science, rs, Spanish, engineering, geography and further maths)! Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by ketchupavalanche
Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and got all 8s/9s and revision always made me stressed because I'd panic about how much more I'd need to do.
however, during exam leave (like between your individual exams) you have ages- like you have 1 exam a day so can easily cram the night before (which is pretty effective).
The best tip I was given when revising in holidays/weekends was to wake up at like 8:30 do like 2 hours until 10:30 then do work between 12 and 2. That's 4 solid hours and it's good to get your brain working during the times you'll actually sit the exams and then you have the rest of the day free!

Let me know if you need any revision techniques for specific subjects (I did maths, English lit and lang, triple science, rs, Spanish, engineering, geography and further maths)! Good luck!

Thank you so much. I’ll try your schedule method but I’ll do it in the afternoon and evening because I don’t wake up until 10 at least. It’s really cool that you did gcse engineering. I would love help with maths(I always get an 8 but idk how to get a 9 so that would be appreciated), english lit and lang and further maths please. The problem with further maths is that I have to sometimes miss the lessons for history. Oh and also can you tell me how to revise geography. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest