The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering in Uni of Manchester or Uni of Nottingham of Uni of Bath

Hi guys, I have recently applied to universities and waiting for offers, I plan to study chemical engineering but I cannot decide between those three (Uni of Manchester, Nottingham, and Bath). I have considered both the academic and social parts of those universities but can not arrive at a conclusion. What can you guys suggest?
Hi Semiz,

Sorry to see that your post has not received any replies yet. You may have by now received your offers and made your decision - but if not then we are really happy you are considering Bath as one of your options!

All 3 universities you have named above score within the top 10 choices for ChemEng in the UK, and so I am confident you will have a great learning experience and come out with a solid, sought-after degree whichever you choose. Here are a few things, as a former Bath student who has been in your situation, I loved about studying at Bath which I think sets it apart from other unis:

1. Placements. At Bath the large majority of our courses offer placement or study abroad options, which are not available from some other universities. Personally, I loved doing a placement it gave me a whole year's worth of experience for my CV, which was a great help to me in job applications later on; it gave me further insight into what it was like to work in industry and helped give me clarity on my career interests, and it also allowed me to get my 'foot in the door' and build a network with an organisation I ended up working for after graduating! I found the support in finding and applying for one was extremely helpful, and it was a fantastic addition to my degree experience :smile:

2. Bath as a city. This is a big factor to consider when choosing a University - because although the course and its content is very important, how much you enjoy where you are living as a student and spending your free time will have a huge impact on your overall enjoyment of university. Bath is a great city for students - although small, it is compact with loads of shopping options (fashion, cosmetics, 5 supermarkets), places to eat (coffee shops, cafe's, pubs, restaurants), lots to do and explore, and it also has a healthy nightlife scene, and beautiful parks and gardens to walk - please check out this page for more info on living in Bath as a student.

I completely understand how difficult it can be to choose between universities, especially when all are really good choices which all have their pros and cons - I wish you the best of luck and I hope the above was helpful

Holly
University of Bath

Quick Reply

Latest