The Student Room Group

how to get an A in biology chemistry and maths a level

hey guys, I have my a levels in about 2 1/2 months and I am really stressing out. I was wondering if anyone has some good tips on how to get minimum 3A's in biology chemistry and maths. I do past papers, make notes, watch YouTube videos but I still feel underprepared and lack confidence. I need 3 A's minimum to apply this September, and I missed out applying for med this year because I got a B predicted in bio and I dont want a repeat again. Any advice appreciated!!!
I can't give u much advice for biology or chemistry but for math pretty much all you can is practise questions. If u have a textbook or something read through it, start with the most basic example questions for topics u struggle with then do past papers. If u search up the code of the past paper on YouTube and put solved next to it, there's always videos of people doing the questions slowly and thoroughly. Most of the time when I don't know how to do a question and look at the mark scheme, I get even more confused. The videos helped me understand so much more. Apart from that its just doing past paper after past paper so u learn how to recognise and do the typical questions they ask.
Also when u feel more confident make sure to practise doing past papers in the amount of time u have in the exam cause I know personally I sometimes struggle with it.
I hope this helped and good luck with ur exam!!!
Original post by versacequeen
hey guys, I have my a levels in about 2 1/2 months and I am really stressing out. I was wondering if anyone has some good tips on how to get minimum 3A's in biology chemistry and maths. I do past papers, make notes, watch YouTube videos but I still feel underprepared and lack confidence. I need 3 A's minimum to apply this September, and I missed out applying for med this year because I got a B predicted in bio and I dont want a repeat again. Any advice appreciated!!!

Omg I'm so stressed too :frown: I am doing chem, maths and geog and my first exam is in may. I feel so sick
yes it did, thank you so much!!
Original post by Masad28
I can't give u much advice for biology or chemistry but for math pretty much all you can is practise questions. If u have a textbook or something read through it, start with the most basic example questions for topics u struggle with then do past papers. If u search up the code of the past paper on YouTube and put solved next to it, there's always videos of people doing the questions slowly and thoroughly. Most of the time when I don't know how to do a question and look at the mark scheme, I get even more confused. The videos helped me understand so much more. Apart from that its just doing past paper after past paper so u learn how to recognise and do the typical questions they ask.
Also when u feel more confident make sure to practise doing past papers in the amount of time u have in the exam cause I know personally I sometimes struggle with it.
I hope this helped and good luck with ur exam!!!
no literally like no matter how much work I do I still feel underprepared and its stressing me out, but we got this!!!
Original post by dishu330
Omg I'm so stressed too :frown: I am doing chem, maths and geog and my first exam is in may. I feel so sick
no literally like no matter how much work I do I still feel underprepared and its stressing me out, but we got this!!!

Yess we will do well

if u dm me asking, what did u get for your a levels? Grade boundaries were tough for both A levels and GCSEs T-T

If it is about the terms or the teaching contents to get in your mind, try to explain these things to yourself by soliloquizing or in front of the mirror or a person of your trust.

@5hyl33n
@TypicalNerd

Maybe you tow or one of you has another good tips.
Reply 8
how do u have a levels in in 2 1/2 month, mines in june
Original post by Kallisto
If it is about the terms or the teaching contents to get in your mind, try to explain these things to yourself by soliloquizing or in front of the mirror or a person of your trust.

@5hyl33n
@TypicalNerd

Maybe you tow or one of you has another good tips.

Thanks for the tag @Kallisto

See here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393061
(edited 5 months ago)

You are welcome. I will tag you again when I found a similar thread once more.

Quick Reply

Latest