The Student Room Group

Moving to Australia !

Hi guys ! I’m looking to move to Sydney in January for a year on a working visa , I see that you have to have 5000 Australian dollars in your bank upon arrival , but I don’t know how to actually get dollars in my bank!

If they can see I have thousands of English pounds in my bank does that count, I have a monzo account in which I’m assuming can just be used like normal until I get an Aussie bank account.
It’s 5000 AUD or equivalent so yeah as long as you have around 2.7k GDP in your account you meet the threshold x
Original post by ALEreapp
It’s 5000 AUD or equivalent so yeah as long as you have around 2.7k GDP in your account you meet the threshold x

Ahaaa that’s great Thankyou x !
Original post by Georginna11
Hi guys ! I’m looking to move to Sydney in January for a year on a working visa , I see that you have to have 5000 Australian dollars in your bank upon arrival , but I don’t know how to actually get dollars in my bank!

If they can see I have thousands of English pounds in my bank does that count, I have a monzo account in which I’m assuming can just be used like normal until I get an Aussie bank account.

If you do need an Aus bank account (which I imagine you will), Wise is super helpful. It can hold different currencies and you get given bank details in each of those countries. It also tends to have better exchange rates/fees than other options. I've used it for years to manage AUD/GBP (lived in the UK, now live in Aus). :smile: Good luck with the move!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending