The Student Room Group

Can I get good grades at a level with 2 weeks revision

So it’s currently Easter and I’ve been trying to revise but I only get about 1-2 hours revision a day, I know I don’t have any excuses but the reason is because I’m finding it hard to get motivated. I’m fasting which gives me less energy than usual and my house is really distracting to revise in so that might be a reason. I’m predicted BBC but in my February mocks I got A*AA throughout the year I’ve revised pretty hard I was doing 4-6 hours a day but I’m burned out now. My fasting ends in 2 weeks which means I’ll have 2 weeks left until exams after and when we go back to school so I can start revising in my school library and have more energy bc I’ll be able to eat. I want to achieve at-least BBC/BBB in my real exams, will 2 weeks revision be enough for this?
Original post by fareeda234
So it’s currently Easter and I’ve been trying to revise but I only get about 1-2 hours revision a day, I know I don’t have any excuses but the reason is because I’m finding it hard to get motivated. I’m fasting which gives me less energy than usual and my house is really distracting to revise in so that might be a reason. I’m predicted BBC but in my February mocks I got A*AA throughout the year I’ve revised pretty hard I was doing 4-6 hours a day but I’m burned out now. My fasting ends in 2 weeks which means I’ll have 2 weeks left until exams after and when we go back to school so I can start revising in my school library and have more energy bc I’ll be able to eat. I want to achieve at-least BBC/BBB in my real exams, will 2 weeks revision be enough for this?

You can probably get at least BBC, considering your mocks

The amount of time needed to get good grades varies from person to person. Even then, the amount of hours you spend revising doesn't necessarily mean you'll get good grades. It depends on your method of studying; from my experience, active recall and practice questions are the best options.

Nada Omar has a video on how to study whilst fasting fasting. Her YouTube channel greatly helped motivate me with my studying and she was the one who pushed me to start doing practice questions (which ended up with me getting A*s), so I highly recommend her channel for whenever you feel demotivated.
https://youtu.be/xmUk0DzreIY

Hope all goes well for you!
Original post by ohdearieme
The amount of time needed to get good grades varies from person to person. Even then, the amount of hours you spend revising doesn't necessarily mean you'll get good grades. It depends on your method of studying; from my experience, active recall and practice questions are the best options.

Nada Omar has a video on how to study whilst fasting fasting. Her YouTube channel greatly helped motivate me with my studying and she was the one who pushed me to start doing practice questions (which ended up with me getting A*s), so I highly recommend her channel for whenever you feel demotivated.
https://youtu.be/xmUk0DzreIY

Hope all goes well for you!

Thanks! Her video came just in time 😮

Have you tried sleeping during the day and then working at night after iftar when you have the most energy and your're family are asleep? that might help the noise problem and help you manage your time better. During that time you can also eat suhoor/ snack and drink water whilst you work - then you can sleep during the day and maybe even wake up in time to help your family prepare for iftar.
Original post by justlearning1469
You can probably get at least BBC, considering your mocks

I think I’ll try start revising now then lmao
Original post by Teamaleeza
Have you tried sleeping during the day and then working at night after iftar when you have the most energy and your're family are asleep? that might help the noise problem and help you manage your time better. During that time you can also eat suhoor/ snack and drink water whilst you work - then you can sleep during the day and maybe even wake up in time to help your family prepare for iftar.

I haven’t thought about that, I did try revising from suhr but was too tired then so I think If I start revising from iftar to suhr instead that would be better, I’ll try that! Ty
I think I’ll try start revising now then lmao

good lluck with revising

A couple hours a day, don't burn yourself out. Should do the trick

Heya!
Alongside the wonderful advice you have above, when doing revision perhaps try also doing the pomodoro technique, you can read more about it here. It helps with motivation + helping you not burn out from work :h: Make sure to do lots of practice as well, if it helps, Study mind has free resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
I haven’t thought about that, I did try revising from suhr but was too tired then so I think If I start revising from iftar to suhr instead that would be better, I’ll try that! Ty

good luck with exams!

Hi, I saw this and I saw that someone had responded with BBC. This isn’t necessarily an active prediction, if you’re doing good quality/active recall revision then I think 1-2 hours per day is totally fine. You’re going to do great <3

Quick Reply

Latest