The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology - CONFUSED ON CASE STUDY

Hi, I do AQA A-level psychology. I don't actually understand what Siffre study on free-running circadian rhythm showed. Is it a strength or limitation, what conclusions can be drawn from the study, etc.

I don't particularly have the best teacher to help me with this so I was hoping someone here could help. Much appreciated! :smile:
Hey, so Siffre reserach is actually a strength!
I do psychology as well here it what i have written in my notes : Case study evidence of CR
French cave explorer siffre went underground for a long period of time to study his cr
While underground there was no daylight / clocks/ radio
He woke, slept & ate when he felt it was appropriate to do so
After 2 months he thought he resurfaced in august when it was mid september
6 months into a cave in texas his circadian rhythm settles to 24 hours with variations
For his final stay underground, he found that body clock was affected by ageing and it ticked more slowly sometimes stretching his circadian rhythm to 48 hours

- From this we can identify there to be a a circadian rhythm - hope that was useful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by colinnzcool
Hey, so Siffre reserach is actually a strength!
I do psychology as well here it what i have written in my notes : Case study evidence of CR
French cave explorer siffre went underground for a long period of time to study his cr
While underground there was no daylight / clocks/ radio
He woke, slept & ate when he felt it was appropriate to do so
After 2 months he thought he resurfaced in august when it was mid september
6 months into a cave in texas his circadian rhythm settles to 24 hours with variations
For his final stay underground, he found that body clock was affected by ageing and it ticked more slowly sometimes stretching his circadian rhythm to 48 hours

- From this we can identify there to be a a circadian rhythm - hope that was useful :smile:

Thank you so much!
Original post by MlightOr
Thank you so much!

No worries and good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending