The Student Room Group

A level Math

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mqb2766
Agree with the value, I guess for full marks theyd want you to be clear about which profit youre referring to (player or organiser, as they are the flip of each other) and justify your rounding based on that.

well it is said that it has to be whole number cents right? so it cannot be $ 0.82 but 82 cents?
Original post by yashnikhil
well it is said that it has to be whole number cents right? so it cannot be $ 0.82 but 82 cents?

I agree, it says a whole number of cents so $0.81 or $0.82, just make sure you justify your rounding up or down based on whats written in the question, rather than just blindly rounding up (or down).
Original post by mqb2766
I agree, it says a whole number of cents so $0.81 or $0.82, just make sure you justify your rounding up or down based on whats written in the question, rather than just blindly rounding up (or down).

but $0.82 is dollars not cents
but $0.82 is dollars not cents

82 cents = $0.82
Id expect either answer would be acceptable, though the question is based on $n so theyd probably expect $0.82.
Original post by mqb2766
82 cents = $0.82
Id expect either answer would be acceptable, though the question is based on $n so theyd probably expect $0.82.

Right thanks Man!, this really helped - I have finally finished my prolonged assignment, anyway I could contact you through other platforms such as maybe discord?
Right thanks Man!, this really helped - I have finally finished my prolonged assignment, anyway I could contact you through other platforms such as maybe discord?

Best just to post a question here in maths/f38 and someone should pick it up.
Original post by mqb2766
Best just to post a question here in maths/f38 and someone should pick it up.

what is maths/f38?
what is maths/f38?

this forum
Original post by mqb2766
this forum

can you help me with chemistry?
can you help me with chemistry?

Fraid not, best to post your question in the chemistry forum.
Original post by mqb2766
Fraid not, best to post your question in the chemistry forum.

Hey, can you help with a statistics question?
Hey, can you help with a statistics question?

This is the table
This is the table

What have you done / are you unsure about?
Note its better to (you should) start a new thread for a new question.
(edited 1 week ago)
Never mind me, i have already found the anwer

Quick Reply

Latest