The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL med applicant - ACCOM

hey guys got an offer from kings to study med but i have no clue about the whole accoms thing. is it open to book yet? and if it is any reccomendations?
Original post by iamcrazyrn
hey guys got an offer from kings to study med but i have no clue about the whole accoms thing. is it open to book yet? and if it is any reccomendations?

Have you selected King's as your firm choice in UCAS? That is a prerequisite of booking accomodation. The whole process is explained here. I have no recommendations.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Have you selected King's as your firm choice in UCAS? That is a prerequisite of booking accomodation. The whole process is explained here. I have no recommendations.

So i’ve firmed it - and i did a form for registering my interest but i’ve received no confirmation email and it says i have to wait 2 weeks to receive the ID - is that what i’m meant to be doing?
So i’ve firmed it - and i did a form for registering my interest but i’ve received no confirmation email and it says i have to wait 2 weeks to receive the ID - is that what i’m meant to be doing?

Well, you're not waiting for "the ID", as you'll have already used your "King's College London student ID number" to register your details. (See "Step 1: Register Your Interest" on the page I linked to above.)

What your waiting up to two weeks for is "an invitation email" which will "contain a date and time from which you can access the accommodation portal to book your room". (See "Step 2: Receive an Invite" on the page I linked to above.)
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Well, you're not waiting for "the ID", as you'll have already used your "King's College London student ID number" to register your details. (See "Step 1: Register Your Interest" on the page I linked to above.)

What your waiting up to two weeks for is "an invitation email" which will "contain a date and time from which you can access the accommodation portal to book your room". (See "Step 2: Receive an Invite" on the page I linked to above.)

when i registered my interest i didn’t use an ID it just asked for my name email and the course i intend on studying
Reply 5
when i registered my interest i didn’t use an ID it just asked for my name email and the course i intend on studying

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/register-your-interest

Im presuming this is not the correct register your interest.
Reply 6
Oh wait I read that I have to wait 2 working days until I can access the residence portal to register my interest - So the ID I have to use is my Kings Student Number on my Kings Apply? And I select reset password, because it is my first time accessing it?
I'm so sorry for asking so many questions im just really confused
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/register-your-interest

Im presuming this is not the correct register your interest.

I would have thought the Accommodation Portal, here, would seem more likely.

Note the instructions on the page I linked to above, which say:

"To register your details you will need to enter your King's College London student ID number as your username and select 'reset password'. This will send a new temporary password to the email address we have on record. If you do not know your ID number, please refer to the offer letter that you have received via email."

Quick Reply

Latest