The Student Room Group

Dentistry Volunteering

Hi! Does anyone know of any volunteering opportunities that would be good for dentistry?
Reply 1
Original post by ManUtd_21
Hi! Does anyone know of any volunteering opportunities that would be good for dentistry?

Many hospitals will allow you to volunteer, which is always a good way to gain clinical experience
Reply 2
Original post by hvice
Many hospitals will allow you to volunteer, which is always a good way to gain clinical experience

Thanks!
Original post by ManUtd_21
Thanks!

Just a heads up though, the process of volunteering at a hospital (at least for me) took absolutely ages. You'll need to do things like DBS checks, interviews and stuff before you can actually go into wards, it took me about 9 months (I applied Sep of lower sixth and started July end of lower sixth) before I could actually start working on wards so just keep that in mind if you're a current L6 - hopefully this doesn't happen to you lol
Reply 4
Original post by KindaSmartish
Just a heads up though, the process of volunteering at a hospital (at least for me) took absolutely ages. You'll need to do things like DBS checks, interviews and stuff before you can actually go into wards, it took me about 9 months (I applied Sep of lower sixth and started July end of lower sixth) before I could actually start working on wards so just keep that in mind if you're a current L6 - hopefully this doesn't happen to you lol

Wowww, 9 months is a very long time:s-smilie: But thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest