The Student Room Group

T-rex paper 1 question 2 English language

hi if someone can give me feedback on this . i need to improve in my analysis because i am kind off struggling
How does the writer use language here to describe the Tyrannosaurus Rex?

THE T- REXIS PORTEAYED AS AN INTIMIDATED FIGURE , God like persona TOWARDS HUMANKIND as it is being compared to a " A great evil god". being compared as a god already suggest haw his power is described as omnipotent comparing its strength to a supernatural power , indicating its power being in a larger scale , in a more biblical scale . this already creates this idea that the creature is superior over man as it contrast with" man like toys" the use of "toys" connotes this child like , innocent simple . this belittle man and indicated this huge ., difference in power between humanity and this creature . humans -showing that sense of weakness .Also "god" has connotation of eternity long life . so it being describe as a "god" could infer how this monster is unbeatable untouchable , that nothin can destroy him put him down. Because of this it makes more clear how its is described as a feared , powerful creature

T-rex is depicted as malicious , dangerous due to the use of the simile the "pebble skin like amour" the use of the simile " like amour" has connotation of war, military . this already implies how it is ready to attack and defend to further imply this world war between man and this reptile projecting the T-rex as the enemy , due to this it make it more clear how through the use of simile it emphasis how the humans felt under pressure and under attack
That looks really good to me, at least 7 marks :smile: better than mine, i waffle so much and waste time lol
I'm doing eng lang aswell and i know it's kinda hard to know how many marks to give yourself but i usually just compare model answers, even if its not the same question/paper.
AQA has some for every question, here's the one from Q2 : https://penketh.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/3/6/26362742/q_2_examples.pdf
It kinda gives you a good idea about the level to write at, but i think you're def level 4.
thank for responding , i am trying to improve in English language , for me it is the worst paper so thank for the feedback

Original post by yasmins06
That looks really good to me, at least 7 marks :smile: better than mine, i waffle so much and waste time lol
I'm doing eng lang aswell and i know it's kinda hard to know how many marks to give yourself but i usually just compare model answers, even if its not the same question/paper.
AQA has some for every question, here's the one from Q2 : https://penketh.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/3/6/26362742/q_2_examples.pdf
It kinda gives you a good idea about the level to write at, but i think you're def level 4.

Quick Reply

Latest