The Student Room Group

GCSE Power and Conflict Poetry Focused Revision

For GCSEs, we have been advised to choose six poems from 'Power and Conflict' that we want to focus our revision on. They should be chosen to get the best range of themes. For my February mocks, I chose to focus on four : Exposure, My Last Duchess, War Photographer and Bayonet Charge. I wanted to get advice on which 2 other poems to choose. I was thinking of choosing Ozymandias but I then wasn't sure of what to choose for the final poem. I know Poppies, Remains and Kamikaze well but I felt that maybe they were too similar to the ones I have already chosen. Poems I know I would rule out are The Emigree and Tissue. I would be very appreciative of any advice!
Reply 1
Original post by person1233
For GCSEs, we have been advised to choose six poems from 'Power and Conflict' that we want to focus our revision on. They should be chosen to get the best range of themes. For my February mocks, I chose to focus on four : Exposure, My Last Duchess, War Photographer and Bayonet Charge. I wanted to get advice on which 2 other poems to choose. I was thinking of choosing Ozymandias but I then wasn't sure of what to choose for the final poem. I know Poppies, Remains and Kamikaze well but I felt that maybe they were too similar to the ones I have already chosen. Poems I know I would rule out are The Emigree and Tissue. I would be very appreciative of any advice!

Kamikaze and Poppies are good poems to know. I recommend you learn short poems too because it’ll help you if necessary. So id recommend going over storm on the island and london as they are short.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending